test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim

New Server

Started by Jim,

89 posts in this topic

I hope so as the old hosting is being canceled next week.

It does work, Thanks very much for that!

It's me again...

I noticed that in my profile it says that I have 702 posts already, but next to a post of mine it says that I have 699 posts so far (both numbers should go up by 1, after posting this one).

Is there a reason for this "problem" or is it just normal?

It's me again...

I noticed that in my profile it says that I have 702 posts already, but next to a post of mine it says that I have 699 posts so far (both numbers should go up by 1, after posting this one).

Is there a reason for this "problem" or is it just normal?

I noticed exactly the same a couple of months ago, apparently when your posts get deleted they aren't counted on the count when you post, but still show on your profile.

How do I change my board settings? Things like how many posts I want to see on each page, etc. I can only seem to find the general settings tab which has all the profile stuff but can't find this.

When I post topic in "New member" area, I got message that database is crashed... I refreshed page and 2 same topics appeared...

May I ask how many MB is database of this forum? Becouse I have the same forum and database is tooo big...

Lol what did he do?

Seems to be some form of hack or something, his name was coming up at the site with ridiculous donations, 5000 rep & in the admin group. I've deleted the member, let me know if there's any more problems.

Sheva. likes this

Seems to be some form of hack or something, his name was coming up at the site with ridiculous donations, 5000 rep & in the admin group. I've deleted the member, let me know if there's any more problems.

thanks Kez

I dont know if its the right topic, but in the last few days the forum works very strange with Internet Explorer. The page jumps all the time and the all

page doesnt look like it supposed to look. Anyone noticed that? i need to change to Firefox everytime i want to enter the forum...

Since the bugs thread is closed, I will repeat myself here. Something needs to be done about the search... it's completely useless. More than once have I found the thread I am looking for on the last page or in the middle, even though it contains all or most of the keywords, but some random off-topic threads are on first pages. The algorithm it uses is illogical. Tbh, when I searched for "bugs", it didn't even appear anywhere.

Since the bugs thread is closed, I will repeat myself here. Something needs to be done about the search... it's completely useless. More than once have I found the thread I am looking for on the last page or in the middle, even though it contains all or most of the keywords, but some random off-topic threads are on first pages. The algorithm it uses is illogical. Tbh, when I searched for "bugs", it didn't even appear anywhere.

You can't search for words that are four letters or less. But yeah, the search option defenitely needs some work.

You can't search for words that are four letters or less. But yeah, the search option defenitely needs some work.

yes you can, the limit is 3 letters. I just searched "snow" and the thread Snow came last in 3 pages... horrible.

yes you can, the limit is 3 letters. I just searched "snow" and the thread Snow came last in 3 pages... horrible.

Ah, so it's three letters. My bad.

I just searched "snow" and the thread Snow came last in 3 pages... horrible.

Next time pick Only search in the titles option and you'll find it right away ;)

Next time pick Only search in the titles option and you'll find it right away ;)

yeah, now that you mention it, I haven't tried the advanced search before... I thought the simple search, even if it searches content, would give priority to keywords in title (that's how I'm used to in other forums). But thanks for the advice, I'll use advanced search from now on.