Your Chelsea FC Memories

Amblève.

I know I have posted this video here several times before, but I can't find it and I'm not even sure this thread is the correct place for this. It's my favourite Chelsea video of all time hands down. Uploaded in 2006, it was also one of the first I ever saw on youtube. I remember the emotions it gave me when I first saw it... goosebumps, made my hair sit up.It's just so awesome and the shitquality.exe video makes it tad bit more special, I don't know why :D  I still rewatch it once in a while, I just watched it again after a few years and decided to share it here again.

Also started listening to Oasis thanks to this, The Masterplan remains my favourite song from them. The most perfect song ever to accompany this emotional rollercoaster.

Who hasn't seen, enjoy...

3 hours ago, manpe said:

I know I have posted this video here several times before, but I can't find it and I'm not even sure this thread is the correct place for this. It's my favourite Chelsea video of all time hands down. Uploaded in 2006, it was also one of the first I ever saw on youtube. I remember the emotions it gave me when I first saw it... goosebumps, made my hair sit up.It's just so awesome and the shitquality.exe video makes it tad bit more special, I don't know why :D  I still rewatch it once in a while, I just watched it again after a few years and decided to share it here again.

Also started listening to Oasis thanks to this, The Masterplan remains my favourite song from them. The most perfect song ever to accompany this emotional rollercoaster.

Who hasn't seen, enjoy...

Knew I liked you for some reason my brother from another mother!

IMO we should all watch this before going to the match to put us in the right frame of mind,

Ive got a flashdrive full of songs I stick on but this will be a part of my pre game ritual when we goto north London next week! And I shall take great pleasure in showing it to my gooner mate who is coming with me as I went to see Fulham with him yesterday!

FB WTF is Iggy??? He sent me a msg asking where I was and now he goes off missing! Sent him a Msg but not heard owt.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Knew I liked you for some reason my brother from another mother!

IMO we should all watch this before going to the match to put us in the right frame of mind,

Ive got a flashdrive full of songs I stick on but this will be a part of my pre game ritual when we goto north London next week! And I shall take great pleasure in showing it to my gooner mate who is coming with me as I went to see Fulham with him yesterday!

FB WTF is Iggy??? He sent me a msg asking where I was and now he goes off missing! Sent him a Msg but not heard owt.

Glad you liked it. You posted this 3 hours ago and you're online now, have you slept at all mate? :D 

11 hours ago, manpe said:

Glad you liked it. You posted this 3 hours ago and you're online now, have you slept at all mate? :D 

Sleep??  Over rated concept mate lol

Might have a nap in the afternoon sometimes Trick is to stay awake like a natural tip lol Just beem watching old eppisodes of the magic roundabout. cracked me up. And supposed to be a kids show!

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah he disappeared shortly after you went to Goa - odd. 

Found a woman ?

Well it does beat fingers on a keyboard!

I know hes not a mad poster but he always looks in on match days.

Hope hes OK thats all that matters.

32 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well it does beat fingers on a keyboard!

I know hes not a mad poster but he always looks in on match days.

Hope hes OK thats all that matters.

Yeah its odd hes not around at all. Like you say, main thing is he's pukka

• 1 month later...

Been reminiscing and looking at real early old Chelsea games/picures and its amazing just how much the supporters have changed.

Not just the people but the Chelsea area in general. The same  and totally different now than it was then at the same time..

The houses might look similar on the outside to a degree but everything else from the cars,the insides of them, to the class of peeps living there.

Chelsea supporters have just got to travel further now I suppose.

Love these old pictures from 67 and 1970 down Slaidburn Street . The eve of the Chelsea v Leeds FA Cup Final .The 1st time we won the cup since we were founded after 3 finals before it  But with us winning after  a drawn 1st game and the replay at Old Trafford/ with the biggest TV audience after the world cup with 28 million for the Wenley game and 32 million viewers for the replay!!  And with crowds of 100k at Wembley. 63k at Old Trafford.it's often ranked up there with the best Cup Finals ever.  And with Webby showing just how handy it is to have someone like  Hutchinson with a long throw in and it makes you wonder why its not used more now. Hutch would be good for those bus parkers. Just as long as they weren't as injury prone as him eh!

Just watch at the passion these lads had. Both lots  going in rock hard. No diving and play acting. 'Eeeee lad, back in my day!!

I can remember watching my uncle going off the next year ro the European Cup Winners final v RM in Greece. It was the only time he had been out of the country. 7 or 8 of his mates stayed the night before hand and can remember my old dear telling them off for swearing so much in front of me LOL

Heres hilights of the 1st game and all of the replay

Shows the support and the passion of the area and their love of their local football team.

This was the day before the 67 cup fnal v Spuds that we lost!!

5c5d500f15804_SlaidburnStreet1967B4theChelseaSpudsFACupFinal.jpg.fd0ef96203f6cc48db45debc8b044daf.jpg

These were from the 1970 game

5c5d5afc15595_SlaidburnCup.thumb.jpg.7dc0ebd4938c8d037b6fd791fd32a70d.jpg

HappyXmasShed.jpg.9f85fff4c9654cd6f8b8638f1afeea14.jpg

And around Worlds End. Brilliant old pics.

5c5d5af82aa8e_WorldsEndCupEveningStandardThursdayApril301970.thumb.jpg.9198a6974aa41ef8422f02315a5b36dc.jpg

5c5d5af985a62_FACup19702.thumb.jpg.ea59a51e589e4dcae2cbfa678f979fd8.jpg

Gotta love Ron Manager. Cracks me up.

Jumpers for goalposts!

• 5 months later...

Haven't been on this section for a while didn't know I was being talked about when I wasn't posting ha ha. Been with the same woman for 18 years now but thanks to FB and UJ for their concern although UJ's been gone far longer than I was. Work and family around Nov- Jan is hectic.

Got this badge on Ebay I've seen them going for £20-25 I got this for a tenner I did one of those sneaky five seconds left bids. First bought one in 1980 which makes me feel bloody old !.

WP_20190727_12_40_43_Pro.jpg

On 27/07/2019 at 0:55 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

Haven't been on this section for a while didn't know I was being talked about when I wasn't posting ha ha. Been with the same woman for 18 years now but thanks to FB and UJ for their concern although UJ's been gone far longer than I was. Work and family around Nov- Jan is hectic.

Got this badge on Ebay I've seen them going for £20-25 I got this for a tenner I did one of those sneaky five seconds left bids. First bought one in 1980 which makes me feel bloody old !.

WP_20190727_12_40_43_Pro.jpg

Nice badge Iggy -and yeah UJ seems to have gone AWOL. I said I'd just come back from Fuerteventura, the next minute he said he was going there....

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Nice badge Iggy -and yeah UJ seems to have gone AWOL. I said I'd just come back from Fuerteventura, the next minute he said he was going there....

Seems weird he was probably one of the most consistent posters then nothing. He can't be leading a 24/7 hedonistic lifestyle if he decided to stay out there for a while everyone surfs the net so surprised he hasn't made the odd appearance.

13 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Seems weird he was probably one of the most consistent posters then nothing. He can't be leading a 24/7 hedonistic lifestyle if he decided to stay out there for a while everyone surfs the net so surprised he hasn't made the odd appearance.

He's got previous - he was posting like mad a few years back, then boom ! disappeared for months

12 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Last time we talked in IM he said he was going to Grand Canaria for a holiday

that was in March  :(

he left me this, which is pretty boss

5c70ddc188b45_VesperWP2.thumb.jpg.aefcc26b2c1e37935e30d714aa0c214d.jpg

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Last time we talked in IM he said he was going to Grand Canaria for a holiday

that was in March  :(

he left me this, which is pretty boss

5c70ddc188b45_VesperWP2.thumb.jpg.aefcc26b2c1e37935e30d714aa0c214d.jpg

That is handsome if he comes back I might get him to do something similar for me.

• 3 months later...
On 31/10/2019 at 5:48 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

UJ hasn't posted for eight months I don't know him personally but have swapped about a dozen private messages with him. I'm getting a bit concerned I'm not saying because you haven't posted on a Chelsea forum for months you should fear the worst but he was a pretty prolific poster and then nothing. As FB has said he's gone missing before but this seems a tad to long. Anyway I hope he's reading this if you are mate post something. Carefree wherever you may be UJ.

Odd isn't it. Know he had some pretty full on events and issues - hope hes doing alright

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...