test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NiclasCFC

Wishlist Robert Lewandowski

Started by NiclasCFC,

1,506 posts in this topic

Is Hulk any good as a ST though? I remember Zhirkov supposedly being able to play LW as well as LB but he was terrible there.

Definitely think we need another striker though- someone who can be relied upon to get 20+ goals. I'd prefer Cavani but Lewandowski could be good value and he wouldn't have to start every match if the club is still hoping Torres will come good.

TorontoChelsea likes this

Is Hulk any good as a ST though? I remember Zhirkov supposedly being able to play LW as well as LB but he was terrible there.

Definitely think we need another striker though- someone who can be relied upon to get 20+ goals. I'd prefer Cavani but Lewandowski could be good value and he wouldn't have to start every match if the club is still hoping Torres will come good.

Yuri was rarely played as a genuine left wing ,,,that and injuries was the problem

Duppy Conqueror likes this

Not worth big money. Cavani and Falcao would be the best options if we want a CF. Dzeko could be an option too.

Yeah I've said it before and I'll say it again - in January 2011, us and City brought the wrong players. Torres would fit into City's side like a hand into a glove, and Dzeko would be a perfect Drogba replacement. There are incredible similarities in their play and technique.

Not worth big money. Cavani and Falcao would be the best options if we want a CF. Dzeko could be an option too.

Dzeko is not an option, no way city would sell him to us.

And we certainly do not want him

I do. Classic Target Man; good on the ball, good off the ball and can pass like a king too.

I do. Classic Target Man; good on the ball, good off the ball and can pass like a king too.

I rated him for the first few months last season then after that I just lost that opinion off him

Lewa's a handful in the air but he's no target man. Poacher.

Lewa's a handful in the air but he's no target man. Poacher.

Haha, I was talking about Dzeko.

Lewandowski is a player I like a lot. He is criminally underrated based quite largely on the fact he has 'only' had a single decent season. However, he is still very young and regardless of the level, he has scored goals for fun at every club he was at. I believe he broke scoring records in Poland with Lech Poznan, but I may be mistaken. He is already a prolific forward and will no doubt improve with age. I'd be right behind this transfer. He's a cheaper option than Hulk or Falcao.

Muzchap likes this

like i said somewhere either in this thread or one of the other CF themed ones. he would be a good alternative to Cavani because although he`s very good player he`s not yet a big name so Torres wouldnt get his knickers in a twist because he would believe that Lewandowski isn`t as much a threat to him as Cavani.

i personally think Lewandowski could end up banging lots more in for us during his chelsea career than Torres will but atleast for a season or two he would be back-up and we could atleast all things crossed get some return from Torres in that time.(or try and offload him next summer if he fails).

zolayes likes this

watched him alot last season and really liked him (hence my nickname) , but i don't know if he suits us as a lone striker

i see him as the polish raul , doesn't do alot of running but always lethal in front of goal , at least torres contributes alot in our general play

If the price is right I'd be happy with him. Cavani would be too expensive and would leave us with a similitude problem to last year. Get the feeling he would be willing to wait for games.

Hate this hulk can play as a striker crap, guy plays out wide, he is not a CF.

After (Falcao) and Cavani, he is the best available striker in the market. He is not even 24 yet meaning he has lots in him to give and to improve. I wouldn't mind him here at all, especially because he is not some big star like Cavani so that Torres would want out and that we would have to pay him massive wages.