test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

Chelsea Vs Huddersfield Town

Started by BlueLion.,

106 posts in this topic
Chelsea vs Huddersfield Town

Chelsea tackle Huddersfield in the FA Cup after two successive draws in the Premier League.

Victory would see the West London side through to the Quarter Finals for the third consecutive season, with Huddersfield last playing Chelsea two seasons ago in this very competition - a 3-1 victory for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Avram Grant will be keen for a similar result after blanks at Portsmouth and at home to Liverpool, as Chelsea enter a series of games which may define their season, with Olympiacos and Tottenham in the European and League cups respectively, Chelsea's next opposition.

Match chat here! :)

Not underestimating at all and hopfully Grant wont completly Jose never did and worked well for him...erm 2-0 Analka and Lampard!Gana be saying that still he gets his sodding 100th lol.

Would be great to see Ivanovic and Di Santo in this game. With the CL game days later there will be a lot of players rested for that, could be a chance to try out some new combinations.

this game has come at the perfect time. We're looking tired, jaded and not very good at present so it gives us a chance to rest some players and play some of the other members of the squad. Where man utd have to play arsenal, we play huddersfield, its awesome because they will have to play full first teams and ovbiously it will be hugely difficult for both sides to get through, replay would be cool lol. I can't see anything else than a win and a comfertable one at that for us. 3-0

This is the formation I would like to see:

Cudicini

Belletti Terry Ivanovic Bridge

J.Cole Mikel Sinclair

Sahar Anelka Di Santo

Subs: Cech, Carvalho, Lampard, Kalou, Drogba

Doubt it will happen, I just wanna see our new players/younger players get a chance!

This is the formation I would like to see:

Cudicini

Belletti Terry Ivanovic Bridge

J.Cole Mikel Sinclair

Sahar Anelka Di Santo

Subs: Cech, Carvalho, Lampard, Kalou, Drogba

Doubt it will happen, I just wanna see our new players/younger players get a chance!

I see no reason why Ivanovic, Di Santo and Sinclair won't be playing, it will be an ideal time to give them some game time. Would be suprised to see Sahar get a game. Also Terry is not going to be fit.

.........................Cudicini...........................

Ivanovic.....Alex.............Ben Haim....Bridge

SWP.........Sidwell..........Lampard....Sinclair

................Di Santo......Anelka...................

Wouldn't mind seeing that, debuts for Ivanovic and Di Santo in a relatively safe game. Another chance for run outs for Sinclair, Ben Haim and Sidwell. A game to build up fitness for Lampard and SWP and Anelka to make claims for a regular place.

I get the feeling Di Santo won't be involved, but I expect a team of:

Cudicini

Ferreira

Bridge

Ivanovic

Ben Haim

Mikel

Sidwell

Lampard

Sinclair

Kalou perhaps

Anelka

I think Sahar may perhaps come off the bench.

I would like to see us play well,since the games vs Pompey and Liverpool were crap.I reckoned 4-0....but i am not optimistic at all 1-0 Chelsea.

After last nights reserve showing i would say it is 50/50 if Di Santo will play or not. He did well but may not quite be up to speed of the physical nature and pace of the game yet! Could come just too soon for him. Sinclair i am sure will play and did enough last night to earn his inclusion. However if we are going to include any youngsters then there is only 1 person who should get the not and that is Miroslav Stoch, has absolutely dominated the reserves this season and even though he is a little fella he will hold up to the physical nature of the game, i think a lot of excitement would be generated should he play.

but with jus 5 subs, would grant even risk him on the bench?

It would depend on what team he will start with. In these sorts of games a manager will either go with a strong starting 11 with young subs if we are comfortable or he will go with a young team with strong subs if they are struggling.

I would guess that Di Santo would be on the bench or starting and as i said i think it is time to give Miroslav Stoch a run out, hopefully with Grant and Roman watching last night he did enough to impress.

I have a feeling Grant will play the strongest team he can, and because this is the FA Cup I can't blame him. I can see Maka, Cech, Ballack and Riccy possibly getting a rest, but Lampard, Mikel, Essien, Kalou and Drogba need some playing time. I'd like to see Carlo given 90 minutes as well.

I wouldnt expect Joe, Didier, Frank or Alex to play as they are one away from a suspension (and would miss the CC Final).

Sinclair will probably get a start and perhaps Ivanovic, Stoch and Di Santo on the bench, although I doubt Di Santo will be.

Carlo

Ferriera Carvalho Ben-Haim Bridge

Kalou Sidwell Mikel Sinclair

Anelka Pizarro

Subs: Hilario, Ivanovic, Stoch, Drogba, Ballack.