Old Stamford Bridge

capriccioso

That offside boundary looks way too small.

Yup probably why it didnt take off.

Also similar problems at other football grounds -at Ashton Gate Botham hit the ball out th e ground five times -they were special white cricket balls -so they had to rush to the University to get white hockey balls !

• 2 weeks later...

Some of it was good , and some of it a pain. The bogs were a fuckin disgrace, ankle deep in piss and fag ends. The admission price never burnt a hole in your pocket, but to be honest the away games were twice as good. The numbers that went, the atmosphere, it was sheer enjoyment most of the time. Chelsea fans also had the best sense of humour of all the clubs !

Wading through the river of the Piss lake at the Britannia Gate Khazi. And heaven help you if you needed a pony

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched the final game of the '76-'77 season against Hull when we smashed them 4-0 to go up to first division and the pitch invasions were hilarious!

In the final ten minutes pretty much the whole Shed plus more ran onto the field and the players had to run off. McCreadie ended up having to get up on the speaker system and tell everyone to calm down.

The ref strategically blew the whistle by making sure most of the player were by the tunnell when he finally did blow.

They looked like awesome times!

• 5 months later...

Made my supporter "debut" at Stamford Bridge the next season and it hadn't changed. Remember it like it was yesterday (now wished it was bloody yesterday!!!!)

I remember standing on the Shed end against one of the crush barriers. Chelsea scored and the crowd surged forward crushing me and my poor tobacco tin in half !! Lesson number one.......Never stand in front of a barrier when you only weight about 9.5 stone.

Great days though........Bloody shite results, but still great days :yay:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We used to get passed down to the front or as near to the front as we could get without getting our feet wet,

Learnt all the swear words I know in the shed end at a very young age, and was allowed to use them during the match without getting a whack off the old man.........happy days

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was definitely born in the wrong era. My place would have been in the middle of the Shed in the late 60s/70s. My uncle was there at that time and i spent alot of my teenage years listening to old stories from him and his mates.

Its pretty hard to even compare now to then its different in almost every way imaginable. But what it all really comes down to having a beer before and after the game and shouting the lads on with your mates.

• 1 year later...

Love all the old Bridge stuff

1478867983773.jpg

Our latest dip into the photo archives produces a derby day snap from many years ago.

Our next home game takes place on Saturday 26 November when Tottenham Hotspur make the trip across London for a tea-time kick off, and the fixture has always been one which stands out on the calendar, even stretching back to 1913, when the above image was taken.

Supporters who had arrived late for the game did anything they could to get a view of the action as the two London rivals met on the opening day of the 1913/14 campaign.

Unfortunately, it was the visitors who took the points that day, Harold Halse scoring a late consolation for the Pensioners in a 3-1 defeat.

Thankfully, recent results against Tottenham at the Bridge have improved significantly, and the White Hart Lane outfit are without a victory here since 1990.

Fuckin Spuds!!!!