test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Juan Mata

Started by BlueLion.,

10,778 posts in this topic

mata/hazard------torres------sturridge

-----mata/modric--------- ramires/lampard

-----------------mikel/ramires------------

simples (squeak)

According to the Soccernet stats for the last 3 seasons only only Messi, Xavi and Alves had more assists than Mata.

2010/11 assists/goals

Mata 12/8, Xavi 7/3, Alves 15/2, Messi 18/31

2009/10

Mata 4/9, Xavi 14/3, Alves 10/3, Messi 10/34

2008//09

Mata 13/11, Xavi 20/6, Alves 9/5, Messi 11/23

TOTAL

Mata 29/28, Xavi 41/12, Alves 34/10, Messi 39/88

fuck me, we signed a monster. :D

BBC are saying £23.5 mil

Sky are saying £26 mil

I think the first would make sense as the second would sound about what would be total with add-ons.

According to the Soccernet stats for the last 3 seasons only only Messi, Xavi and Alves had more assists than Mata.

2010/11 assists/goals

Mata 12/8, Xavi 7/3, Alves 15/2, Messi 18/31

2009/10

Mata 4/9, Xavi 14/3, Alves 10/3, Messi 10/34

2008//09

Mata 13/11, Xavi 20/6, Alves 9/5, Messi 11/23

TOTAL

Mata 29/28, Xavi 41/12, Alves 34/10, Messi 39/88

fuck me, we signed a monster. :D

His assist stats are immense... I think we can forget about Malouda's 3,500 mile shots at defenders and expect decent crosses and passes from now on :D

I think Modric will block Josh's break through to be honest as they are very similar. I am happy with Mata and us figuring out how we play him some were in the middle, then we can sign a pacy left winger to give us balance with Danny on the right playing the same role as Suarez for Liverpool.

It does not work that way imo, how many thought Deco arriving at Barca would block Iniesta? turned out to have the complete opposite affect.

It does not work that way imo, how many thought Deco arriving at Barca would block Iniesta? turned out to have the complete opposite affect.

things work differently in barca... how many thought bringing in Kalou would block Stoch? okay maybe back then there were no expectations on him, but it still turned out we have Kalou minus Stoch

I agre. In 5 years Josh is going to be 23 and Modric 30.

Anybody has a picture of him in London?

they've been floating around here, keep your eyes open in relevant topics

Wow, in Sid Lowe's Guardian piece, Juan's sister Paula, lives in Brighton. Another sign he'll settle in England just fine.

I'm so happy that we've finally signed someone who can actually pass just as good as some of the Barca boys. He seems like an intelligent guy and player, just so happy.

Wow, in Sid Lowe's Guardian piece, Juan's sister Paula, lives in Brighton. Another sign he'll settle in England just fine.

Oh really, someone did say a couple of days ago that his grandparents live in England as well, not sure if it's true or not though.