test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Juan Mata

Started by BlueLion.,

10,760 posts in this topic

i think if no more widemen are brought in this window then Mata will play more games as RF rather than LF. atleast until somebody else is brought in to play there.

he won't play RF because sturidge will play RF ;)

It shouldnt matter who starts against Norwich. If we cant break them down with any of the players we have then we dont deserve to play in the premier league.

lionsden likes this

Mata twitter: Travel to London for medical examination,and come back to Valencia to say goodbay to everybody as you deserve...thanks so much!

12 - Juan Mata made more assists in La Liga last season than Lampard, Malouda and Kalou managed in total in the Premier League (9). Creator.

... Says it all

Premier League > La Liga.

But anyway, he's an amazing player and I'm glad we signed him. Finally some creativity!

Ok, Premier League is much better than the La Liga but... Chelsea much better than the Valencia, and Torres or Drogba much better than Soldado, better strikers, so they scores more than Soldado... So i think, this statistic exactly describes what we play on the midfield...Shame...

Feels better knowing Mata snubbed Barcelona last year to stay at Valencia.

I guess he didn't want to betray Valencia by moving to Catalan rivals. Honourable.

- Mata knows that there are more players from his team on the field, Silva lacks that. Silva prefers to rely on his dribbling skills and plays "solo" most of the time, and Mata, however, prefers to pass the ball. Probably Silva is, then, faster and capable of dribble the defenders, but I think Mata's style is more clever and more convenient for the team.

Absolute rubbish. And that's not the only wrong thing he said about Silva.

Anyway, does anyone know if he's gonna wear the number 10 shirt for sure?

Madmax likes this

Feels better knowing Mata snubbed Barcelona last year to stay at Valencia.

I guess he didn't want to betray Valencia by moving to Catalan rivals. Honourable.

A bit like Villa then.....oh wait.

Absolute rubbish. And that's not the only wrong thing he said about Silva.

Anyway, does anyone know if he's gonna wear the number 10 shirt for sure?

I'd much rather believe a Valencia fan who has seen both of them over the years than a Chelsea fan.

Thanks for your great input though

I'd much rather believe a Valencia fan who has seen both of them over the years than a Chelsea fan.

Thanks for your great input though

Uhm you do know you can watch Valencia matches without being a fan right? You can watch Silva at City and the Spanish NT too..

Anyone who says Silva relies on his dribbling skills and plays solo most of the time is either drunk, on drugs and/or has no idea what they are talking about when analysing Silva's game. Saying Silva is faster than Mata makes no sense at all too as Mata beats him in terms of pace with absolute ease.

BLionheart likes this

I think we will lose too much of his game if we play him on the wing. I want him more central were he can see more of the game, we he can use his ability properly. Sturridge and Torres who will clearly play in the same side will need his through balls, so i think he should play just behind the 3 forwards with Mikel sitting and Ramires cutting the amount of times he makes a trade mark burst into the box. What do other people think ?

I think we will lose too much of his game if we play him on the wing. I want him more central were he can see more of the game, we he can use his ability properly. Sturridge and Torres who will clearly play in the same side will need his through balls, so i think he should play just behind the 3 forwards with Mikel sitting and Ramires cutting the amount of times he makes a trade mark burst into the box. What do other people think ?

It's possible if we don't get a creative midfielder (Modric), otherwise I can't see that happening. We would have to play City's system, where Mata is like Silva and we have 2 deep midfielders... But I would like to see 4-2-3-1 at one point with Modric and Mikel playing deep and Mata being the "trequartista", although who would you put on left wing.. Malouda?

The thing is we have 2 brilliant off the ball movers in Danny ad fernando so we need to figure out how we provide them service from the central area. Then again our wingers generally suck too, i don't want Modric now i would rather have a pacy winger like Marco Marin.

As we're still chasing modric, it means that mata will be bought to play on the wing unless he's thinking of using both in the middle but i can't see that at all.

As we're still chasing modric, it means that mata will be bought to play on the wing unless he's thinking of using both in the middle but i can't see that at all.

I think Modric will block Josh's break through to be honest as they are very similar. I am happy with Mata and us figuring out how we play him some were in the middle, then we can sign a pacy left winger to give us balance with Danny on the right playing the same role as Suarez for Liverpool.

Josh is still developing so he'll be ready to fight it out with Modric when he's ready. For now we need a genuine finished article playing there who josh can learn from. I think that pacey left winger is Mata lol, he'll be used there for definite. Him and Malouda, 2 lefties switching. The new Robben & Duff we hope. Danny can play anywhere, blimey another leftie.... Maybe we should sign a right footed winger like Navas.... we might get a bit too predictable with everyone being left footed.