test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Juan Mata

Started by BlueLion.,

10,768 posts in this topic

I agree that he hasn't gotten the admiration he deserves, very important player over the course of the CL campaign. Less instrumental against barca and Munich but that was down to our approach and his ball retention and clever use of the ball last night were essential. Wonderful debut season at Chelsea, key player in both FA Cup and Champions League victories, the only player of his kind in the squad, he has been a joy to watch this season, I look forward to many more years of watching the mercurial spaniard in a blue jersey.

sLOVEnian Blue and BleedsBlue like this

@Kostas

Mata played a good match. Mourinho's team wasnt build around Drogba, from 04 to 06, when we won 2 PL in a row, Drogba wasnt as important as he was for the team this days.

Actually Lampard lost a penalty against Portugal in WC, and Drogba was always a flop in African Nations Cup.

Didier was an a avarage striker in his first years here, but he learned how to be a winner. Mata is alerady a winner, and AVB team wasnt built around Mata, since he never knew where to play the guy.

And your comment was 100% uncalled for one day after our victory, and after the season Mata had with us.

Sheva. likes this

Still the future of Chelsea despite that penalty miss, I can't wait to see him play alongside a more flexible attack.

Does anybody know when he'll be joining the Spanish team for the Euros? Spain will be here in Austria just a few kilometres from my hometown practicing and preparing for the big tournament and I'll be going to the first trainings session tomorrow so I just wanted to know if there's a chance to meet Juan and Torres.

Shouldn't take penalties unless we're 3-0 up. Poor lad just doesn't have the nerve.

Apart from that, there is very little to fault him. Brilliant player. Thank you for your career so far, Juan :)

20 assists. Not 21.

Did you count the assist in CL final? If not, looks like the wikipedia is wrong then. :D

He's simply had a wonderful first season at the club.

Assisted a goal in both the Fa cup and CL final. Player of the year. 20 assists for the season, and also added 12 goals.

23m well spent.

TomCFC likes this

Did you count the assist in CL final? If not, looks like the wikipedia is wrong then. :D

Yes and that is his 20th of the season, 1 more than David Silva this campaign too.

A great signing. I feel that they found some true blues in Rami, Luiz and Mata in the recent years. Awesome display of attitude and passion by the three, all through the season.

I still think we depend a tad too much on Mata. I want us to sign another CAM as that is the only position we dont seem to have options!

Ezio likes this

@Kostas

Mata played a good match. Mourinho's team wasnt build around Drogba, from 04 to 06, when we won 2 PL in a row, Drogba wasnt as important as he was for the team this days.

You know I've often said there's a chance we were watching different teams back then.

Not as important as this year and in 09/10 ? Maybe

But there's no way in hell you'll convince me that team wasn't built around a direct center-forward like Drogs.

Actually Lampard lost a penalty against Portugal in WC, and Drogba was always a flop in African Nations Cup.

Again null points since Saturday's match was the one that mattered. It was by far the most important game of their careers.. and they did not fail to stand to the occasion.

Didier was an a avarage striker in his first years here, but he learned how to be a winner.

He carried Marseille to the final of a European competition, he wasn't just a talented part of a greater team.

Mata is alerady a winner, and AVB team wasnt built around Mata, since he never knew where to play the guy.

Of course it was. He gave the guy license to roam and our left wing was unoccupied most of the time, our whole fricking team was unbalanced so that Mata would have the "freedom" to do his thing.

I'm not sure this was actually a point of if you were disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

And your comment was 100% uncalled for one day after our victory, and after the season Mata had with us.

It wasn't meant to be a critique against Mata, but more of comment on the good-old revolution/evolution BS, a debate which was naturally formed to the wishes of transfer muppets.

I don't need anyone telling me what a season my Player of the Season had.

Much like I would gladly admit any day of the season that while extremely talented and intelligent in terms of football Mata is nowhere near the league of Lampard and Drogba when it comes to mental strength.

Does anybody know when he'll be joining the Spanish team for the Euros? Spain will be here in Austria just a few kilometres from my hometown practicing and preparing for the big tournament and I'll be going to the first trainings session tomorrow so I just wanted to know if there's a chance to meet Juan and Torres.

Yup, both Torres and Mata made it which i am excited for as i will be rooting for them. Torres really deserves it as these past months he worked his ass off

Yup, both Torres and Mata made it which i am excited for as i will be rooting for them. Torres really deserves it as these past months he worked his ass off

Really hope Mata doesnt go to the Olympics. We can't let him suffer a burnt out with so many games coming up for us next season.

Really hope Mata doesnt go to the Olympics. We can't let him suffer a burnt out with so many games coming up for us next season.

Both got selected for the European Championships. And with the quality of the Spanish midfield i will doubt Mata will suffer and kind of fatigue

But do you know WHEN they will join the team? Will they get a few days to go on holidays or will they arrive the same the rest of Spain does?

Both got selected for the European Championships. And with the quality of the Spanish midfield i will doubt Mata will suffer and kind of fatigue

True but I would prefer to see Mata getting a nice & deserved rest before next season for us.

He won't if he's in the Euros, and I doubt he'll play a major role in that.