test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Juan Mata

Started by BlueLion.,

10,760 posts in this topic

So this is how it ends. Can't see him staying here beyond the summer.

Still the most talented pair in our squad in my eyes but going to work in our current style of play.

Also don't want him to change his style of play since that free roaming swift passing game is his biggest asset .

Him leaving to a non rival side is the best thing for the team as well as the player. PSG sound good for him.

This.

It's the goal-driven mentality of some people that irritates me. He was brilliant alongside Hazard, had Hazard or Torres scored in the 1st half nobody would get so dramatic over Mata.

Nothing to do with goals, but everything to do with our pace and tempo. Undeniably talented but starting to look like Joe Cole in his last season at the club where the play would slow when it got to him.

He's a no10. he's too slow to play on the wings. Mourinho should play Oscar as a CM with Mata as no10 with Willian and Hazard wide. Why Oscar doesn't play in midfield, blows my mind. the lad makes the most tackles in the team and wins the ball as much as Ramires does. it's no brainer he should be playign in the middle of the pitch.

Oscar-Ramires

Willian- Mata-Hazard

what do Lampard and Mikel offer than Oscar doesn't? he defends better than both and he attacks better than both. he can be our new Lampard in cm.

Why move our best player when the system is working so well?
Barbara likes this

Adebayor is a prime example of what I was saying. He has had to endure such a public snubbing including even being sent to play with the reserves. Then suddenly AVB is gone and the new manager has pulled him back in from the cold and has not stopped scoring. It is his ability to come back and do well instantly.

BlueLion. and didi007 like this

I was talking to a lot of PSG fans and they told me Blanc plays a similar style to Jose....

I dont watch Ligue 1 much, but I watch them whenever in Champs league....

However, if that is the situation, how exactly does Mata fit in with PSG when they already have 1 person given the luxury of not tracking back aka ZLATAN.

Love the guy but we are a better team without him. Didn't think he was bad today but with Oscar and Willian we just have greater coherence and intensity. It's a real shame, I don't idolise players but he has been fantastic for us for two years but I think for both his and Chelsea's sake he needs to move on either in Jan or the Summer, depending on the options available.

I think a little too much is being made of his reaction when being subbed off. Yes, it was petulant. Yes, he is smart enough to know cameras will pick it up. But it is a tiny mistake which shows his frustration with his current situation, a reaction that anyone who is competitive enough to be a pro sportsman would have (IMO). I know if I was in his shoes, going from Chelsea's POTS for 2 years in a row having won the CL etc to being 2nd choice I would be pissed off, whatever the reasons were for it.

Anyway, hopefully we can resolve this quickly and positive outcomes can be achieved for both the club and Mata. Just don't sell him to a league rival...

Mata has been put aside, but rightfully so. His days are numbered, most likely, Chelsea will cash in on him. It makes no sense for him to play 45 minutes, then Jose substitutes him. He ought to ask himself, what have I done wrong ?

Too good of a player to throw his season away, I feel.

End of the Mata? Mourinho says Spaniard can leave Chelsea after furious reaction to being subbed at Southampton

By NEIL ASHTON

PUBLISHED: 18:17 GMT, 1 January 2014 | UPDATED: 18:31 GMT, 1 January 2014

Jose Mourinho has told Juan Mata he can quit Chelsea after his furious reaction to today’s 53rd minute substitution at St Mary's.

Mata ignored Mourinho when he walked off the pitch at Southampton and then slammed a seat in the visiting team dug out as he vented his frustrations.

His replacement Oscar, who was booked for diving, then made two and scored one in Chelsea’s comprehensive 3-0 victory.

article-0-1A60447400000578-191_634x472.j

Trudging off: Juan Mata was replaced by Oscar in the 53rd minute with the score goalless at St Mary's

article-2532224-1A5FBF4800000578-386_634

Concerned glances: Michael Essien (top row, centre) and technical director Michael Emanalo (middle row, right) appear to console Mata

Mata has won the club’s player of the year award for the past two seasons and was named in the PFA team of the year for 2012/13.

But Mourinho said: ‘I don’t want him to go, that is my opinion and that is my wish - but my door is open.

‘The club door is open too, so when a player wants to speak with us we are there waiting for them. But if you ask me do I want to sell him, I don’t want to.

article-2532224-1A5FBB9C00000578-779_634

Livid: Mata was frustrated at being hauled off and appeared to launch a tirade in the direction of the pitch

article-0-1A5FBC5400000578-996_634x455.j

Fuming: Mata was seen scowling on the touchlines following his substitution

‘I didn't see the reaction, his frustration was because of the result - we have to win.

‘If we don’t win this game then the difference to the leaders is bigger. at the end of the game everyone including him it was celebrating the victory.’

article-0-1A5E966D00000578-818_634x453.j

End of an era? Mata joined Chelsea from Valencia in 2011 and has won the Champions League, the Europa League and the FA Cup with the club

article-2532224-1A604E7D00000578-960_634

That's the way to do it: Oscar came on for Mata and inspired Chelsea to a crucial away win

If you look at how many players have been 'dropped' or simply left out of the team this season (Azpi, Luiz, Cahill, Mikel, Cole, Cech, Torres) then why Mata thinks he has a divine right to start I don't know. No-one else has given that reaction and the majority have reacted well and improved their performance.

Mata hasn't. Very disappointed in his reaction and he's no fool. He knows the media very well and knows exactly what they will be looking for.

Absolutely, his public demonstration here is a clear indication he now wants to leave. The biggest "come and get me" you could have asked for. You look at how Azpilicueta started the season on the fringes and fought his way into the side with a positive attitude and some excellent displays. Mata has no divine right to start, as you say. I'm all for the betterment of the team, and we're playing better without him in the side than when he does play, in my personal view. Willian deserves his place, and Oscar and Hazard are Untouchables.

eh, Mata situation is turning to the same situation as Torres....

Style of play doesnt fit highly regarded player and suffers (Stats wise).....

And people thought all that stuff in the summer about Mata and Mourinho was just a bunch of baloney.

What sort of headline is that? Mourinho never said anything like that.

This is what he said:

But Mourinho said: ‘I don’t want him to go, that is my opinion and that is my wish - but my door is open.

‘The club door is open too, so when a player wants to speak with us we are there waiting for them. But if you ask me do I want to sell him, I don’t want to

DM are always full of crap.

I just don't understand how the DM and other tabloids get away with grossly misrepresenting what people say and produce mis-leading, shock-jock headlines. I also pity the twits that read it (in my area there are many who have it as their daily paper) and take what it says as gospel.

Mata just became a frustrated player. When Luiz came in the last minutes of the Arsenal game, you really could see the man wanted to help the team and play his game, Mata for instance just look disillusioned when he is playing.

That said, I can understand his rage. Why Mourinho didn't make the changes in the HT, why he just had to wait 6 minutes into the 2nd Half to do what he had to do? It seems he just wanted to embarrass Mata.

Thought he played well and worked hard,he just isnt quick or athletic enough to play on the wings or be the no10 Mourinho wants. Im hoping he can adapt or Mourinho can get the best from him.

Oscar playing in the pivot is a terrible idea currently, he makes a lot of tackles further up the pitch, he wont have the same impact playing deeper.

Korea, Barbara and Azpinator like this

Thought he played well and worked hard,he just isnt quick or athletic enough to play on the wings or be the no10 Mourinho wants. Im hoping he can adapt or Mourinho can get the best from him.

Oscar playing in the pivot is a terrible idea currently, he makes a lot of tackles further up the pitch, he wont have the same impact playing deeper.

Exactly....

Oscar should not play in the pivot, unless teams are parking the bus.

However, even if he does, I would bet Mourinho give Lampard the role as 10 rather than Mata..

"At the end of the game everybody, including him, was happy in the dressing room and everybody was celebrating the victory."

drog.ba and sdrcfc like this