test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,683 posts in this topic

Gary Neville launches attack on Romelu Lukaku's professionalism and weight after striker completes £74m move to Inter

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/08/gary-neville-launches-attack-romelu-lukakus-professionalism/

Lukaku has signed a five-year contract with Inter

Romelu Lukaku had no sooner completed a near-£74 million move to Inter Milan than the Belgium striker was subjected to scathing criticism from some of Manchester United’s most famous former players.

Lukaku has signed a five-year contract with Inter, bringing to an end one of the summer’s most drawn-out transfer sagas during which the player was fined by United for missing training without permission and a controversial social media post.

Inter have committed to a package worth up to £73.9 million – marginally less than the £75 million United paid Everton, who will earn a £5 million windfall from the transfer under the terms of the deal that took the striker to Old Trafford in 2017. United have negotiated a sell-on clause with Inter.

United failed to secure a replacement for Lukaku and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will go into the new season with Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Alexis Sanchez and 17-year-old Mason Greenwood as his strike options after the club backed out of a move for Juventus forward Mario Mandzukic.

It means United have lost their best guarantee of goals over the past two seasons but Lukaku’s departure was welcomed by brothers Gary and Phil Neville, as well as their former United team-mate, Paul Scholes.

snip

BTW, I do not like their new kits, that diagonal striping under the Pirelli logo is shit and the blue is too light

2016-17 was the bomb (like our 2017-18 home kit)

maxresdefault.jpgImage result for inter milan kit 2016-17

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Gary Neville launches attack on Romelu Lukaku's professionalism and weight after striker completes £74m move to Inter

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/08/gary-neville-launches-attack-romelu-lukakus-professionalism/

Lukaku has signed a five-year contract with Inter

Romelu Lukaku had no sooner completed a near-£74 million move to Inter Milan than the Belgium striker was subjected to scathing criticism from some of Manchester United’s most famous former players.

Lukaku has signed a five-year contract with Inter, bringing to an end one of the summer’s most drawn-out transfer sagas during which the player was fined by United for missing training without permission and a controversial social media post.

Inter have committed to a package worth up to £73.9 million – marginally less than the £75 million United paid Everton, who will earn a £5 million windfall from the transfer under the terms of the deal that took the striker to Old Trafford in 2017. United have negotiated a sell-on clause with Inter.

United failed to secure a replacement for Lukaku and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will go into the new season with Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Alexis Sanchez and 17-year-old Mason Greenwood as his strike options after the club backed out of a move for Juventus forward Mario Mandzukic.

It means United have lost their best guarantee of goals over the past two seasons but Lukaku’s departure was welcomed by brothers Gary and Phil Neville, as well as their former United team-mate, Paul Scholes.

snip

Digs at his weight are nothing new, when he signed here he was the heaviest playsr in the PL already in 2011. Its nothing new. Bulking up for the WC? The guy was already big enough.... swear he must of been smoking crack. 

Think people will be surprised at how poorly he does in Serie A.

The league may have declined in overall quality but it's still comfortably the best league when it comes to defending (even CR7's record looks more human in Serie A) which will lead to many games he doesn't get a look in. I'd be amazed if he even sniffs a 20 goal season.

Johnnyeye likes this

5 hours ago, communicate said:

I actually think he will score tons. Lukaku goalscoring number is pretty good and I don't see Serie a defender can cope with lukaku strength. 

CR7 hasn't been monster player for a while now

Lukaku's strength? He may be built big but he hasn't used it to his advantage often for years. Take at Everton for example, biggest game of his career in the semi Vs United and was comfortably pocketed by 5 foot Daley Blind.

Serie A is full of clever tactical defenders and I can see many having him firmly in their pocket.

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Lukaku's strength? He may be built big but he hasn't used it to his advantage often for years. Take at Everton for example, biggest game of his career in the semi Vs United and was comfortably pocketed by 5 foot Daley Blind.

Serie A is full of clever tactical defenders and I can see many having him firmly in their pocket.

Image result for Daley Blind lukakuImage result for Daley Blind lukaku

Johnnyeye and Tomo like this

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I did not watch that game to give any opinion, but whenever I watch Lukaku he is quite decent. His touch is quite awful, but he is quite fast and powerful. he is better of playing as right winger or striker that run the channel (right one especially) but we'll see

1905didierblue likes this

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Even better example when he was up in the 2013 uefa super cup vs only Philipp Lahm one of the shortest players in DFB history and his task was to milk time off the clock as we were 2-1 up in extra time. Well, he lost all 3 one on ones within 2 seconds.

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

They may have clever defenders but the league suits him more. PL requires a lot more work rate and physically demanding. Icardi for instance I think would struggle over here but Serie A suits him due to him just being poacher. He will be exploited in the PL. I think Lukaku will score goals galore there.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

They may have clever defenders but the league suits him more. PL requires a lot more work rate and physically demanding. Icardi for instance I think would struggle over here but Serie A suits him due to him just being poacher. He will be exploited in the PL. I think Lukaku will score goals galore there.

I guess we will see but I personally think he's chosen the worst league possible.

The German League would have been the most suitable league for him in my opinion.

Robchels likes this

On 03/07/2017 at 0:04 AM, Clockwork said:

He is going back on loan though.

With all the signings they have made, none scream a Lukaku replacement.

CONFIRMED: Everton cash in as striker leaves on permanent deal

Henry Onyekuru departs having failed to make a single appearance for the Toffees

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2019/8/12/20750263/everton-transfer-rumours-henry-onyekuru-monaco-work-permit-latest-galatasaray-update

Henry Onyekuru trains with Monaco for the first time

https://www.goal.com/en/news/henry-onyekuru-trains-with-monaco-for-first-time/lvd2hmhfaw4qz7ng0y937chx

On 8/10/2019 at 8:06 AM, Tomo said:

I guess we will see but I personally think he's chosen the worst league possible.

The German League would have been the most suitable league for him in my opinion.

You are probably right, but does it even matter if he scores goals or not? He did not flop at united for lack of goals, but for his overall play. United were simply better without him. They won more and played better with a more technical and mobile young striker. The whole point of the game is to win, not to have your striker score useless goals. Lukaku had a good record at united, but even that was a bit misleading because he'd often vanish in tougher matches.

He's a bit quirky in terms of characteristics: he's tall and powerful, but not a great target man. He's a poacher without a whole lot of mobility and one who does not really make those off-the-ball runs that poachers need to make. He's got some pace for a big guy, but top teams rarely enjoy a lot of space behind the opponent's defense line. His valuation poses a problem as well, because he will want to play and perhaps he shouldn't start every game for any top club.

And no, he's a not a fit athlete.

Tomo likes this

On 09/08/2019 at 4:05 PM, communicate said:

I actually think he will score tons. Lukaku goalscoring number is pretty good and I don't see Serie a defender can cope with lukaku strength. 

CR7 hasn't been monster player for a while now

Strength isn't really needed if they're smarter than him. He won't reach Icardi numbers.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:55 PM, RoyalBlues said:

Remembering stupid argue Lukaku vs Morata debate back then. What a waste of time, both are shit at the end of the day. Time move so fast though.

And everyone sort of knew they are shit but we lied to ourselves because we hoped they will turn into striker we need.

Inter Milan fans' group defend monkey chants aimed at Romelu Lukaku by Cagliari supporters

Lukaku, who signed for Inter from Manchester United last month, demanded immediate action from the Italian football authorities after he was abused during Sunday's 2-1 win.

A group called 'L'Urlo Della Nord' say Lukaku "has to understand" that - in Italy - fans have "ways only to help our teams and to try to make opponents nervous" - and they do not believe them to be racist.

In a statement on Facebook, the group said: "Hi Romelu, we are writing you on behalf of Curva Nord, yes the guys who welcomed you at your arrival in Milan. We are really sorry you thought that what happened in Cagliari was racist.

"You have to understand that Italy is not like many other north European countries where racism is a real problem. We understand that it could have seemed racist to you but it is not like that.

"In Italy we use some "ways" only to "help our teams" and to try to make our opponents nervous, not for racism but to mess them up.

"We are a multi-ethnic fans organisation and we have always welcomed players from everywhere. However, we have always used that 'way' with other teams' players in the past and we probably will in the future.

"We are not racist and so are not the Cagliari fans."

The statement went on to argue that the fight against racism should not begin in football stadiums but in schools, and that fans behave differently in stadiums than in the outside world.

On Tuesday, the Italian league's disciplinary judge says he needed more evidence before deciding if Cagliari should be punished for the chants, which judge Gerardo Mastrandrea did not refer to as "racist" in his weekly report.

Lukaku converted Inter's winning penalty in the game, and then glared at home fans behind the goal as they directed the monkey chants at him.

On 16/08/2019 at 3:23 PM, BlueLyon said:

And everyone sort of knew they are shit but we lied to ourselves because we hoped they will turn into striker we need.

Morata had all the technical and physical tools but just couldn't hack the mental pressure.

During the initial honeymoon period he genuinely looked like an upgrade on Costa.