Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He's becoming more consistent and slowly growing to his regular form. Nice goal and assist. :)

(Am I the only one posting here? :P)

How it seems is that many of his critics are waiting to bash him as soon as he hits a dry patch but when he is on form they don't want to praise him.

How it seems is that many of his critics are waiting to bash him as soon as he hits a dry patch but when he is on form they don't want to praise him.

Maybe because of Messi rumour popping out at the same moment and we are all stunned and shocked?

No we don't because we have Costa for about the same price as he was sold.

That is not my point. Costa is on another level to Lukaku. I am just pointing out that it only takes a couple games for him to hit a dry patch and people start slating him. For eg inevitable that Martinez drops Lukaku for Etoo and all this. Anyway I am happy to see him improving. Was excellent yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised if he made it 3 games in a row of scoring against Spurs.

Same could be said for Eto'o, he has been by far the better of the two yet his thread hasn't been touched.

Same could be said for Eto'o, he has been by far the better of the two yet his thread hasn't been touched.

But is anyone actually slating Eto'o? I am just saying that I understand that it is not necessary for people to praise him every time when he does well but is it necessary for people to keep jumping on his back when he does not perform? I wouldn't say Eto'o has been much better. He has done quite well when called upon but Lukaku has played more and just been inconsistent.

But is anyone actually slating Eto'o? I am just saying that I understand that it is not necessary for people to praise him every time when he does well but is it necessary for people to keep jumping on his back when he does not perform? I wouldn't say Eto'o has been much better. He has done quite well when called upon but Lukaku has played more and just been inconsistent.

I think Eto'o has looked better, especially when they faced us, everything that was wrong about Lukaku's game was on display, poor touches, awful decision making etc, while Eto'o came on he looked menacing and was dragging Everton back in the game, Styles said something after that game which pretty much summed it up, two players with something to prove, and only one with the quality to do it, and he was spot on.

I think the Lukaku thread is quiet because we all know he is a goalscorer, that part of his game is not in doubt by even his biggest critic, it's his all round game that get's put under scrutiny, he should be using his frame to be a complete menace to defenders yet he isn't, i think he has focused too much on improving his weaknesses (technical ability) he neglected his strengths.

I think Eto'o has looked better, especially when they faced us, everything that was wrong about Lukaku's game was on display, poor touches, awful decision making etc, while Eto'o came on he looked menacing and was dragging Everton back in the game, Styles said something after that game which pretty much summed it up, two players with something to prove, and only one with the quality to do it, and he was spot on.

I think the Lukaku thread is quiet because we all know he is a goalscorer, that part of his game is not in doubt by even his biggest critic, it's his all round game that get's put under scrutiny, he should be using his frame to be a complete menace to defenders yet he isn't, i think he has focused too much on improving his weaknesses (technical ability) he neglected his strengths.

If you saw his game against Wolfsburg ,, His goal was an example of his strength in holding off a defender than an excellent fininish.. The goal he set up was a hold up and then a Fabregas class through ball ..

Should have had a second assist after a strong run and shot ,,

I get why people are still interested, I am myself to a small degree but I don't think we should get too exercised about this discussion. After all, just about all of us accept that Rom is not good enough for Chelsea and that therefore he made the right decision to leave.

As for whether Rom was worth £28m, I would not have paid that, or even half as much, for him. I simply would not have signed him at all but I speak as a Chelsea fan, thinking of Chelsea's needs. I would however find it hard to look Martinez in the eye and tell him that I think I know his job better than he does. It was Everton's money to spend and they spent it. Good luck to them and good luck, most of all, to Rom. I wish only the best for him.