Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

seems like he doesn't know what a 'complete striker' really is. he needs to be good phyiscally, technically, and mentally. he's got 1/3 down, lets see if he can get the other two down now.

he didn't simply wanted that, he made it a condition for his stay.

At age 21 proved in mid-table teams?

Sorry, Ron, but that doesn't make sense in any place of the earth...

If you want to be #1, come here, work your arse off and earn the position.

Aren't you a bit naive to completely believe Mourinho's statements?

Mourinho is under pressure to justify the transfer of a homegrown player that has clearly shown potential to get a shot at Chelsea. Mourinho clearly had doubts about Lukaku's abilities.

However, if he stated that clearly in public and Lukaku proved him wrong in the near future. This would come back to bite him and would be a stick for the press to beat him with.

By stating that Lukaku demanded a starting spot and that he can't promise that he gave Chelsea fans a reason for the transfer and covers himself for the future. It's a tactic you see times and times again with managers.

The more plausible truth isn't that Lukaku demanded the nr1 spot as stated by Mourinho, but a significant role in the coming season and plenty of minutes and Mourinho answering he would have to compete with Drogba and Torres for that as Costa would be his main striker. A doubtful future for Lukaku who would have remembered his first season here in the stands while reminding himself of the great season he had at Everton.

Aren't you a bit naive to completely believe Mourinho's statements?

Mourinho is under pressure to justify the transfer of a homegrown player that has clearly shown potential to get a shot at Chelsea. Mourinho clearly had doubts about Lukaku's abilities.

However, if he stated that clearly in public and Lukaku proved him wrong in the near future. This would come back to bite him and would be a stick for the press to beat him with.

By stating that Lukaku demanded a starting spot and that he can't promise that he gave Chelsea fans a reason for the transfer and covers himself for the future. It's a tactic you see times and times again with managers.

The more plausible truth isn't that Lukaku demanded the nr1 spot as stated by Mourinho, but a significant role in the coming season and plenty of minutes and Mourinho answering he would have to compete with Drogba and Torres for that as Costa would be his main striker. A doubtful future for Lukaku who would have remembered his first season here in the stands while reminding himself of the great season he had at Everton.

If Mourinho is lying, surely Romelu will come out with a statement of his own to prove that what Jose said wasn't true?

So Jose is lying now? Mourinho wouldn't say something like that to the public if it wasn't true. Why can't Lukaku fans just accept that this is the case? Even without Mourinho's quotes it was pretty evident that this is what he wanted.

If Mourinho is lying, surely Romelu will come out with a statement of his own to prove that what Jose said wasn't true?

So Jose is lying now? Mourinho wouldn't say something like that to the public if it wasn't true. Why can't Lukaku fans just accept that this is the case? Even without Mourinho's quotes it was pretty evident that this is what he wanted.

For one. I'm not a Lukaku fan.

And I'm sure this is what Lukaku wanted. I'm just not conviced Lukaku would have demanded the guaranteed starting spot but instead significant time on the pitch.

A line that is now used as a stick by the mad horde to yell "Good riddance to the coward."

he didn't simply wanted that, he made it a condition for his stay.

At age 21 proved in mid-table teams?

Sorry, Ron, but that doesn't make sense in any place of the earth...

If you want to be #1, come here, work your arse off and earn the position.

who said he made it a condition ,, you should know better .. I'm finished with this thread though .. so much bitterness and lack

of support for a young player . perhaps if he was English ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back in the comfort zone of a team whose fans never expect to win anything..he should do good..but just like De Bruyne,at some point he's gonna need to grow out of the comfort zone and battle for a place in a squad of great players if he ever wants to be classed as more than a player who once had great potential when he hangs his boots up.

it never ceases to impress me the lengths people went in this thread to defend Lukaku's words and attitude.

Now Mourinho is lying... as if everything Lukaku himself said throughout the last months don't confirm that. Believe what you want, but your post is embarrassing.

It's one thing to lie about our window transfer being closed, not having interest in this player or that or other things that don't involve third parties. It's another completely different to come out and say something happened when it didn't about someone else.

If Mourinho lies about it, it's lack of character. If he lies about our targets in transfer window is playing the game, everyone does that.

Seriously, we don't need those posts here and I don't care where you are from, before someone comes here and say it's because you're Belgian. You could be English, Brazilian or the second coming. Those fanboy posts that questions even our manager character are annoying and unnecessary - or I just don't have patience for it.

If you'd take time and research my post-history you'd might conclude that I'm anything but a fanboy, certainly of Lukaku. It would have been justified if you labeled me as such in an Eden Hazard discussion who I've been following closely since he was 16.

You might have noticed that I've been critical of Lukaku's earlier comments.

Claiming that I stated that Mourinho is lying is taking it too far. I would actually call it distorting the genuine facts in his favour. A tactic that is very common in managers, it's playing the mediagame.

And what right do you have to act as the moral compass as what might be posted on this forum? Most of my posts actually contain some well deliberated content instead of the foaming drivel penned down here by people who post while under the influence of the red mist instead of actually taking a breath before stampeding over their keyboards. Comments like that immediatly devaluate everything, everything in your past and future posts. Despicable behaviour. Not every quote is an attack, there is absolutely no reason to include words as embarrasing in your posts. It's cheap.

So what some of us thought here was indeed true. He wanted to be no.1 at Chelsea??? You can't expect to be no.1 straight away without proving yourself first at the club, not even Courtois have that privilege after 3 great seasons at a bigger club in Atletico. Doing good for Everton is not the same as doing good for Chelsea

Such an immature mentality to be honest. Even though I still wish him luck, good riddance indeed.

And no he doesn't deserve sympathy. Someone like Sturridge, who fought for his place but still lost to Torres probably deserved it more.