test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,718 posts in this topic
17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Exact same age as Pogba but will get you 20+ goals per season. Guess we have to come to terms with the fact that a he'll cost between Pogba's £89m to £100m. It's madness, but that's the way it is.

I expect a whole lot of outrage (even from Chelsea fans) if/when we do sign him for that amount but after he starts banging them in regularly that talk will stop. 

From what I've been reading conte tried to sign lukaku when he was at juve and lukaku was still here

7 minutes ago, Georgy said:

For 100m were idiots. Let that sink in.

Which other 20+ goal scorer could we get this summer? Who else is out there? Belotti would cost almost that amount and he'd be a huge risk coming from a weaker league and only just having his first great season. Morata looks United bound.

Not like we have many options less Conte and Diego repaired their relationship.

Dingus and 11Drogba like this

26 minutes ago, Georgy said:

For 100m were idiots. Let that sink in.

In 2 season he has scored 50 goals think about that 

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Which other 20+ goal scorer could we get this summer? Who else is out there? Belotti would cost almost that amount and he'd be a huge risk coming from a weaker league and only just having his first great season. Morata looks United bound.

Not like we have many options less Conte and Diego repaired their relationship.

Go all out for Mbappe?

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Not like we have many options less Conte and Diego repaired their relationship. Costa changes his mind and attitude.

Fixed.

BluesMadLad and 11Drogba like this

Got to laugh that Belotti is supposedly a "one season wonder" while there's people saying to spending £90m+ on someone no one knew till January.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fixed.

Would save us a fuck load of money if it happened. We'd still need another striker but could target someone less expensive if Diego stayed.

Chelsea? likes this

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Exact same age as Pogba but will get you 20+ goals per season. Guess we have to come to terms with the fact that a he'll cost between Pogba's £89m to £100m. It's madness, but that's the way it is.

I expect a whole lot of outrage (even from Chelsea fans) if/when we do sign him for that amount but after he starts banging them in regularly that talk will stop. 

Pogba will end up being worth the price in relitive terms, he's certainly one of the best midfielder's around and when the obsession over his price tag stops he will be reconised as such. Lukaku im truly not convinced ever will be, his goals no doubt he will score, but aside from that i can't see how he fits in.

Costa fit's us outside his goals because he's tenacious, presses well and is incredibility smart tactically with his off the ball movement. Even when he has his games were he can barely control the ball properly he gives us that. Lukaku falls short on those tactical level's compared to Costa and i fear our shape and team balance could be heavily affected by the fact Romelu is pretty lazy and hasn't got great movement.

SinineUltra and DYC. like this

6 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

Go all out for Mbappe?

Bit off topic but if he made similar noises to Eden circa 2012 and decided he wants to come here we should be all over it whatever the price. I would happily see us take a short term hit (ie abandon signing's in positions we need them) to fund him aswell.

Blue Armour likes this

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Pogba will end up being worth the price in relitive terms, he's certainly one of the best midfielder's around and when the obsession over his price tag stops he will be reconised as such. Lukaku im truly not convinced ever will be, his goals no doubt he will score, but aside from that i can't see how he fits in.

Costa fit's us outside his goals because he's tenacious, presses well and is incredibility smart tactically with his off the ball movement. Even when he has his games were he can barely control the ball properly he gives us that. Lukaku falls short on those tactical level's compared to Costa and i fear our shape and team balance could be heavily affected by the fact Romelu is pretty lazy and hasn't got great movement.

Agree with your conclusions, tough, are there any equally profilic,but cheaper strikers on the market at the moment? Maybe I lack imagination, but in my opinion, the perfect fit to our system would be L.Suarez/R.Lewandowski type of strikers ,but that's just dreamland. That leaves us with worse alternatives and a heavy pricetag that comes with the Chelsea tag. Would be logical to assume that the transfer is done and Lukaku is returning to the Bridge given how active Everton have been on the transfer market. Only reason I see delaying the announcement is not to bump the prices up of our other targets. Though, that is just an assumption.

MetsajCFC and Tomo like this

27 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Bit off topic but if he made similar noises to Eden circa 2012 and decided he wants to come here we should be all over it whatever the price. I would happily see us take a short term hit (ie abandon signing's in positions we need them) to fund him aswell.

Absolutely! Just imagine Mbappe and Hazard on the same team, Would be an absolute nightmare to deal with!

Tomo likes this

1 minute ago, Mufassir08 said:

Absolutely! Just imagine Mbappe and Hazard on the same team, Would be an absolute nightmare to deal with!

I don't think he could cope with the PL YET but I have no doubt 1 or 2 season more mature he would light it up