test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,630 posts in this topic
On 3/15/2017 at 5:21 AM, BlueLyon said:

He strikes me as someone who offers little in terms of character and when he isnt scoring, he is basicaly invisible. 

He is somewhat similar in style to Diego, with later even better finisher inside pen area and more decisive in key moments. But he is quite older too.

Lukaku has definately the potential to be unbelievably good. But he needs to find that fire, character to lead, to be difference maker. Same could be said for Pogba. Lukaku is young and who knows how will he play at 28. Maybe he will be next Drogba or next Defoe. 

If we do sell Costa (hopefuly not), Lukaku would be good option. Lacazette, Belotti, Auba, Dembele etc neither is proven scorer like Costa was, so anyone will be a gamble. 

Note this was from March 15th...

Fernando and The Skipper like this

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

He is definately not as good as pre january Costa. 

IMO everybody has this picture of shit form Costa and saying Lukaku will be massive improvement. Well yes indeed he will be, Costa has been poor.

But thats not how it works. We won the title in that run with Costa in unbelievable form and no, Lukaku is not better than Costa was then. In matter of fact, no available striker is.

We need to find replacement that is as good as inform Costa, not "better than out of form Costa".

If not Lukaku who should we sign ? 

Mbappe ?? Not happening.

Morata ?? is he better than lukaku ?  Haven't watch much of his game. He didn't play a lot in real.

Not sure who else

6 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Note this was from March 15th...

And? I still think he is good player, but I prefer Morata. 

Not bothered if he scores solo/team/headed/ground goals as long as he scored 20-30 goals a season we'll all be happy

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Looks like Madrid want 90m for Morata, so you can't even use the 'Morata will be cheaper' argument anymore. 

At least Morata has a lengthy contract, Lukaku only has a couple of years left in his. I think he's still totally worth it IMO. Future world class striker. I wish we would hijack the deal.

King11Didier likes this

Havent heard any rumblings about this deal for a little while now - you are guys think its already done and they're waiting for something ?

5 hours ago, Artandur said:

Havent heard any rumblings about this deal for a little while now - you are guys think its already done and they're waiting for something ?

Looking at Everton's spending and Lukaku reports-interviews, it seems Lukaku's sold. My guess is that Lukaku to Chelsea is done but they'll wait for 1st of July to announce any signings because of the incoming Nike kit deal.

Unionjack and communicate like this

44 minutes ago, MetsajCFC said:

Looking at Everton's spending and Lukaku reports-interviews, it seems Lukaku's sold. My guess is that Lukaku to Chelsea is done but they'll wait for 1st of July to announce any signings because of the incoming Nike kit deal.

My thoughts too. Hopefilly hes not on his Jack

2 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Or media successfully tricked us, and we're not even bid for him yet.

They didn't, Lukaku said himself he is on the move, it's just matter of where is he going.

2 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Or media successfully tricked us, and we're not even bid for him yet.

Reports that man utd are going to make a bid for him as well 

Reports that man utd are going to make a bid for him as well 

from whom? which paper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, oldportblue said:

from whom? which paper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't remember mate and I cant find the article now grrrrrr 

oldportblue likes this

Get this done. I'm starting to get nervous it's not as close as Lukaku made us think. 

1 hour ago, Atholy said:

Belgian Newspaper (reliable) reports that Chelsea and Romelu would have agreed on salary (€170.000/week)! 

do you have a link ?

Tautvix and xPetrCechx like this