Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He was a different person when he signed, down to earth and humble but now he's kind of a dick tbh.

Or

He was a kid, CFC fan and unproven talent, signed at very young age and now he's proven to be an asset for the premier league

Don't get so carried away y'all! :-)

don't care if he goes; I never rated him highly unless one were to play him as RW. Steven Naismith looked smarter at CF than Lukaku at times last season --although Naismith doesn't have the size to hold up the ball in front of the CBs. Maybe Big Rom will finally learn how to play as a good CF one day, but I really don't care.

Ship him to Wolfsburg and get Ricardo Rodriguez if possible... or, whatever the plan is; doesn't matter. I'm only worried that Liverpool end up with Ricardo Rodriguez.

I wonder how some of the top strikers of today were rated at 21 years of age. Guarantee you some of them had their faults but with age they improved. You are judging him as if he is the finished article. He still has got over a decade at playing at the top level. Give the lad a chance. Drogba probably was criticised heavily at a similar age and we know how good he turned out to be...

I'm absolutely bored of discussing him with people who wilfully ignore the most important aspect of a footballer in Jose's mind - character.

This! Absolutely, 100% this...

How many times last season did our team 'bottle' it... We ALL said it - we don't have a team with a winning mentality!

When it's down and dirty you want people willing to give everything for the cause - that's what Jose looks for. He did it first time round and at every club since - he's trying to do it here - we just need to be patient.

Yes, I'm sure there will be any unpopular decisions ahead - and I do agree that we need other Striking options other than Torrid and BA(d) - in case Costa suffers an injury - I'm 100% confident the Board have plans like if Z happens we do Y...

We're looking for an extra striker then surely? If Costa gets injured we'll have the same scrubs as before minus Eto'o

thats the best part of the transfer (if it actually happens). their are not any good strikers in the market. lets forget about the likes of cavni, falcao, lewa,suarez, aguero, higuain, benzema types cos they are unavailble and out of our price range. even the decent strikers like bony seem to be on their way to pool. immobile moved to bvb, mandzukic moved to ATM. balo should not even be an option if we dont want lukaku cos of his "attitude".

oh wait!!! i had heard that bendtner and heskey are free agents!!! seems like we will be winning the quadruple next season!!!!

We don't exactly have good cover for Costa...and I don't really see a second attacker coming in this window. I still think its not the best idea to let him leave without him getting some game-time here.....although I won't be surprised if Jose plans to go in this season with Torres and Ba as his 2nd and 3'rd choice.

Amazing how people are riding the Lukaku should be sold cycle. Yes, he isn't one of the most humble youngsters but come on guys,shouldn't we be empathic at the same time as well?

We're talking about a player who has some serious talent and most importantly is still very young. I know there are few flaws in his game but not every young striker is perfect. We can not expect him to be an Aguero straight away.

Lukaku is ambitious and for some it may look like he's arrogant but the guy is only focused about improving himself and his career. He wants to play regularly and two above average loan spells at PL clubs have shown that he is worthy of playing as a second choice striker for a club like Chelsea. He didn't have a great World Cup but that does not mean he is a bad player. Many well known talents didn't live up to their expectations.

In my opinion,I think we should give him a chance here first. If we plan on keeping Ba then he probably should be sold but if we only have Costa and Torres then Lukaku must stay!

Amazing how people are riding the Lukaku should be sold cycle. Yes, he isn't one of the most humble youngsters but come on guys,shouldn't we be empathic at the same time as well?

We're talking about a player who has some serious talent and most importantly is still very young. I know there are few flaws in his game but not every young striker is perfect. We can not expect him to be an Aguero straight away.

Lukaku is ambitious and for some it may look like he's arrogant but the guy is only focused about improving himself and his career. He wants to play regularly and two above average loan spells at PL clubs have shown that he is worthy of playing as a second choice striker for a club like Chelsea. He didn't have a great World Cup but that does not mean he is a bad player. Many well known talents didn't live up to their expectations.

In my opinion,I think we should give him a chance here first. If we plan on keeping Ba then he probably should be sold but if we only have Costa and Torres then Lukaku must stay!

That's all well and good, I don't think people would mind him staying on here as an option up front... Problem is, does he? He seems to think that he deserves to be the undisputed number 1 striking option and obviously that's not the case wth Diego Costa coming in, so he obviously wants to go.

He doesn't want to stay himself. That's the problem here.

That's all well and good, I don't think people would mind him staying on here as an option up front... Problem is, does he? He seems to think that he deserves to be the undisputed number 1 striking option and obviously that's not the case wth Diego Costa coming in, so he obviously wants to go.

He doesn't want to stay himself. That's the problem here.

I think he just wants to play more often so 2nd choice wouldn't be bad but if he's told to compete with Ba,Torres and Costa then I can understand why he would want to leave because he'll be in the same situation he was a year ago. Two loan spells should surely get him up the pecking order.

I think he just wants to play more often so 2nd choice wouldn't be bad but if he's told to compete with Ba,Torres and Costa then I can understand why he would want to leave because he'll be in the same situation he was a year ago. Two loan spells should surely get him up the pecking order.

Sincerely doubt that we'd keep four strikers around and even then - if he's scared of Torres and Ba then that's laughable.

Sincerely doubt that we'd keep four strikers around and even then - if he's scared of Torres and Ba then that's laughable.

I wouldn't say he's scared but he surely shouldn't have the unnecessary pressure of dealing with 2 subpar strikers after outperforming them. Lukaku will get more playing time if he's competing with 2 strikers rather than 3. The quality of his competition does not matter.

Cant believe people are still defending him LOL. Cant wait till he goes. Remember him saying lots of teams were interested in him in regards to us being linked with Costa. The guys a prick and talks about things that have nothing to do with him (e.g. KDB should never have come back to Chelsea).

Cant believe people are still defending him LOL. Cant wait till he goes. Remember him saying lots of teams were interested in him in regards to us being linked with Costa. The guys a prick and talks about things that have nothing to do with him (e.g. KDB should never have come back to Chelsea).

Im actually not defending anyone really, LOL. But some things are put in the guys mouth a bit overzealously in my opinion on this forum. There is simply no denying that fact at all.

I wouldn't say he's scared but he surely shouldn't have the unnecessary pressure of dealing with 2 subpar strikers after outperforming them. Lukaku will get more playing time if he's competing with 2 strikers rather than 3. The quality of his competition does not matter.

That's not his problem though. That's the manager's problem. If he's seriously worried about competing with two supposed sub par strikers then again, that's laughable.

And PS: I reiterate, we definitely won't have 4 strikers here. Even at the end of the last transfer window - Ba was meant to go out on loan so the notion that he wants to go because he has three other strikers to compete with (two supposedly inferior) as the reason why he thinks he's being disregarded or not being given a fair chance is simply misguided.

That's not his problem though. That's the manager's problem. If he's seriously worried about competing with two supposed sub par strikers then again, that's laughable.

And PS: I reiterate, we definitely won't have 4 strikers here. Even at the end of the last transfer window - Ba was meant to go out on loan so the notion that he wants to go because he has three other strikers to compete with (two supposedly inferior) as the reason why he thinks he's being disregarded or not being given a fair chance is simply misguided.

Then if Jose is going to keep 3 strikers,Lukaku shouldn't be worried at all. The main reason why he left last season was because there were 3 other strikers as Ba's loan move to Arsenal didn't materialise.