test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,718 posts in this topic
11 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

I think you understood me wrong.

We are paying "only" 35 mil for him, because we already got 30 mil back when we sold him.

So in reality we are paying "only" 35 mil for him, not 65.

That's not actually what you said so it's no surprise if there is some misunderstanding. :)

Unusually the clubs made Rom's £28m fee public when he joined the Toffees so that's not quite £30m.

My guess is that, looked at in this way, the arithmetic is more complicated than you have said since, if we are to include the fee received from Everton, then why not also the fee paid to Anderlect and those presumably collected from Everton and West Brom in respect of Rom's load deals.

15 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

I think you understood me wrong.

We are paying "only" 35 mil for him, because we already got 30 mil back when we sold him.

So in reality we are paying "only" 35 mil for him, not 65.

You are forgetting the initial 10,000,000 to Anderlecht. So the equation would be 10-30+65 which is 45. 

That's a lot of money, 45,000,000 pounds. But is never that simple because in the mean time the club has spent that money received from Lukaku's transfer. So no matter, it will always be 65,000,000.

Blue-in-me-Veins and Essien19 like this

While I agree, Lukaku is nowhere near 65 mil. quid, do people generally believe we can get any quality striker below 50-60 mil. 

No, I am not Lukaku's biggest fan, quite contrary, I just don't believe any other ST would cost less. People believe Higuain or Morata would be that player, but no. De Laurentis won't let Gonzalo go for less and this is his best season, which he will never replicate. Let's be honest, if you watch Higuain you know he can be very frustrating at times. Samo goes for Morata. Top talent, who goes missing at times. Yes, he is very combinative, technical and etc. Thing is he would cost a massive sum and we don't know what he could turn in, in England. Truth be told, there is no GUARANTEED top striker out on the market, who is worth a big sum of money and is a guaranteed success.

16 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

While I agree, Lukaku is nowhere near 65 mil. quid, do people generally believe we can get any quality striker below 50-60 mil. 

No, I am not Lukaku's biggest fan, quite contrary, I just don't believe any other ST would cost less. People believe Higuain or Morata would be that player, but no. De Laurentis won't let Gonzalo go for less and this is his best season, which he will never replicate. Let's be honest, if you watch Higuain you know he can be very frustrating at times. Samo goes for Morata. Top talent, who goes missing at times. Yes, he is very combinative, technical and etc. Thing is he would cost a massive sum and we don't know what he could turn in, in England. Truth be told, there is no GUARANTEED top striker out on the market, who is worth a big sum of money and is a guaranteed success.

Yes we can. Lyon try to get rid of that Lacazette contract and are in need of some cash to start pay back for that stadium they built.

20 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

^ Of course there's no guaranteed success. What is?

The Lukaku story makes no sense on a sporting level, which is why the fee being spoken about just stands out so much more. Unless Costa is definitely, 100% off (for which there's little credible reporting that I've read), why should we settle for a similar but inferior player? And that too at a record price?

In terms of names, we should be all over Lacazette. They turned down 31m for him from West Ham. Up that to 40, hell 45 if that's what it takes, and bring him here. Because in this case the skillset justifies the money. 

Pizy and Styles like this

25 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Yes we can. Lyon try to get rid of that Lacazette contract and are in need of some cash to start pay back for that stadium they built.

I put Icardi and Lacazette on the same stage. Great, but definitely not World Class. I am talking about WC strikers. And while I agree, he can grow into it and would love Lacazette here, he is a risk. Same as Lukaku. As I said, I want Lukaku the least out of the strikers we are linked to, but I believe people are massively underrating him.

I put Icardi and Lacazette on the same stage. Great, but definitely not World Class. I am talking about WC strikers. And while I agree, he can grow into it and would love Lacazette here, he is a risk. Same as Lukaku. As I said, I want Lukaku the least out of the strikers we are linked to, but I believe people are massively underrating him.

His conversation rate isn't good enough for a top team IMO. He isn't anywhere near Higuain.

I personally hope we go for a more agile CF. Costa and Griezmann would be the perfect match (I know it ain't going to happen, but I'll dream).

mccg likes this

38 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

The only world-class striker that is somewhat available is Higuain.

Lacazette is not a world-class player. His output is very good for the last 3 seasons though when he was moved to play as a centre-forward. He is quick, agile, strong on his feet, can link up with others, has neat technique and well score goals regularly. His football IQ may be questioned and he may be too selfish. But in worst case scenario he will be next Remy with far less injuries. Which is not something bad. Most importantly he will bring goals, goals, goals.

And we're in need of goals, goals, goals.

I dislike him quite a bit. Think jose was very harsh on him but I do reckon his attitude is shite. Even talking about all the big clubs he could sign for this summer whilst under contract is stinkin. Still, if he could be got for somewhere in the region of 30 mill I'd give him a go. 60 mill tho is so ridiculously over the top it doesn't deserve thinking about

Tautvix and Thendo like this

Yeah no clause chucked in i guess,another great bit of work by the board clap clap clap

For fuck sake no. Lukaku is attetion whore, also his father isn't far away from that. I appreciate players like Diego Costa because of his warrior gene and I hope that Costa will stay, can't wait to see him play under Conte.

So much noise about this now. I have no idea what to think of it, IF its the right price? Sure why not, he'll be extremely motivated to succeed if the stories of unfinished business and wanting to be like Drogba are true. But he's such an asshole and never shuts his mouth.....hmmmm. 

Chelsea have told Everton they will not be held to ransom over striker Romelu Lukaku. #CFC #EFC (Express)

Lukaku has made it clear he wants to leave #EFC and is keen on a return to #CFC, telling friends he has "unfinished business" (Express)

With Everton about to get a new manager (potentially a top class one) and with the new ownership money and the new PL money they have no reason at all to sell him for less than whatever silly valuation they place on him. Whoever wants him will have to pay up massively.

Even if he were desperate to leave and hands in a transfer request Everton proved with us last summer that they'll deny it and hold a player hostage. They aren't really a club that can easily go out and recruit a 20-25 goal a season striker so they won't want to lose him.

Wait, so he hasn't scored since the FA Cup game? No wonder this thread went quiet :lol:

The entire Everton squad disappeared after being us

9 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Chelsea have told Everton they will not be held to ransom over striker Romelu Lukaku. #CFC #EFC (Express)

Lukaku has made it clear he wants to leave #EFC and is keen on a return to #CFC, telling friends he has "unfinished business" (Express)

Unfinished business lol. Of course he would say some corny shit like that. This move stinks. If it happens I'm done.

Blue_Fox_, Peace. and Tomo like this