Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Amazing match by Romelu.

It's almost a crime to get him 100% fresh in extra time, but I don't think it was simply down to his better physical conditions than anyone else's.

He played well, showed that he can do better than he sometimes does. I think if only he approached matches in the same way he did today, he'd be much better.

Either way, this is going to make wonders to the kid's confidence. Let's hope and pray he doesn't grow a big head about it.

Origi did better than Romelu in the game. Lukaku came in against already tired Americans and hat shitloads of space to explore, while Origi was marked tight. are people for real celebrating this performance as some kind of rehabilitation? yeah, he was important and changed the game, but it was more due to the opponent than to him, because USA didnt really defend anymore in the overtime. Origi did really well in the first 70-80 mins and created a lot of chances. Origi was already walking like a zombie after 70 mins and shoudl have been subbed off earlier, while Romelu was obviously fresh and clearly is faster than both American CBs, especially after 90 mins under this circumstances. Lukaku from the beginning is something different though, seems like some people are completely blind on here.

face it Lukaku was the match winner ,,, Its YOU who needs specs savers

face it Lukaku was the match winner ,,,

De Bruyne was also the match winner, as both had 1 assist and 1 goal. futhermore as I said, its obviously easier to play against tired defenders after 90 mins and having plenty of space instead of playing from the beginning..face it. he still sucks when he is in tight areas and is marked, while Origi looked to actually have a first touch and good technical ability. Lukaku is amazing on the coutner, as he proved today, but when playing against deep-sitting teams, you can throw him in to the bin.

face it Lukaku was the match winner ,,, Its YOU who needs specs savers

NO DUDE... what are u on!!! shrroms? marijuana? cocaine? heroine? cant u see he sucks!!! he is a worthless piece of shit!!! i mean at that point of match ANY striker in the world could have done and owned the US defnce again and again and again. infact all a manger has to do is make a substitution against a tired defence and the results are 200% guarantedd!!! :lol:

De Bruyne was also the match winner, as both had 1 assist and 1 goal. futhermore as I said, its obviously easier to play against tired defenders after 90 mins and having plenty of space instead of playing from the beginning..face it. he still sucks when he is in tight areas and is marked, while Origi looked to actually have a first touch and good technical ability. Lukaku is amazing on the coutner, as he proved today, but when playing against deep-sitting teams, you can throw him in to the bin.

Well, that's why Origi started and Lukaku finished it off. Stop whining.

Origi was more dynamic, but if football was always a game of sitting next to the last defender, sprinting and chasing 40 yards onto balls down the channel with huge amounts of space, taking 1-2 touches and shooting as hard as you can, I'm not sure there'd be many better than Lukaku in the world.

Unfortunately, that's just one aspect of a strikers game. The rest of it he's very, very mediocre. It doesn't add up to him being a great player, but doesn't mean he's awful either.

He's a quintessential situational player, when the game lines up in such a way that is conducive to his strengths, makes all kinda of sense to bring him on. Otherwise, Origi (or Benteke) all day.

Of course. Why should we have only two strikers? We have 23 year old, a 21 year old and a 19 year old. We're set for ten years at least.

because belgium brought 2 cfs to the world cup.

Its funny that there were some smart asses who blamed Lukaku for everything and praised Origi.

But what is even funnier now is that after Lukaku scored winner and put them doubters here wrong, they still want to hide it with fact that Origi was "better" in game, the same game where Lukaku scored winner and assisted the other. Origi is not even our player while Lukaku is and yet they are protecting Origi. Seriously no disrepect to anyone directly, but if you cant support our players in best and worst (including Oscar and others), you can simply fuck off.

I am sick of listening "football experts" who watch game and jerk on Origi, James, Sanchez,...while completely trashing Oscar, Lukaku, Costa,...and change opinion after every game...chelsea fans my ass.