test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,718 posts in this topic

Romelu Lukaku wants to go back to Chelsea this summer, with the Blues already favourites for his signature if he leaves Everton. (ESPN)

Certainly seems to be heating up.

It just makes no sense at all unless the club have decided to sell Diego Costa. Don't see how their styles and qualities mesh together and neither would be happy or willing to not start every week. They'd both benefit from having a technically gifted "second striker" style player partnering them. They're too similar to one another to play together. 

Blue-in-me-Veins and Thendo like this

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Certainly seems to be heating up.

It just makes no sense at all unless the club have decided to sell Diego Costa. Don't see how their styles and qualities mesh together and neither would be happy or willing to not start every week. They'd both benefit from having a technically gifted "second striker" style player partnering them. They're too similar to one another to play together. 

There seems too much media speculation. It looks like if we can get a new first choice striker through the door then we'll let Costa move on. There has been a lot of talk since last summer that he is unsettled and wants to go back to Spain.

Still not sure on Lukaku. On his day he's a world beater and will obviously get better. But he still isn't anywhere near the finished article which is a risk and I begrudge paying that much money for him a couple of years after selling him. Makes us look such big idiots.

Amazing how the nonsensical tranfers have so much credibility (as regards to the news) and are easiest to get done, but the deals for Radja Nainggolan or any other Defender (which we haven't been linked with at all) drag on and on. 

Had that feeling the first moment I read that transfer rumour that this would actually get done. SMH. 

Essien19, Madmax and Pizy like this

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There seems too much media speculation. It looks like if we can get a new first choice striker through the door then we'll let Costa move on. There has been a lot of talk since last summer that he is unsettled and wants to go back to Spain.

Still not sure on Lukaku. On his day he's a world beater and will obviously get better. But he still isn't anywhere near the finished article which is a risk and I begrudge paying that much money for him a couple of years after selling him. Makes us look such big idiots.

Agreed. On his day he's unplayable and bullies teams like Drogba. Other days Everton looked like they were playing with 10 men.

I'm so conflicted on this. If he wants so badly to return to a club that got rid of him then I suppose it shows he truly loves Chelsea like he said he did. Him returning and fulfilling his potential under Conte sounds romantic. That would be cool to see. 

On the other hand, £65m is a mental amount to pay for him.

Yes, I can't wait for him to join, so he can start meowing desperately like a she-cat in the midst of love season for Bayern or such to come get him.
If Diego leaves for him I'll be absolutely furious. Why would anyone want him for 65m? This is quickly turning into comedy.

Essien19 and Tomo like this

Lukaku would be a great signing he is strong,tehnically good (better than Costa),proven in the premier league and is only 23 years old he can only get better.

30 minutes ago, Madmax said:

I really, really, really find it absurd to believe that there is somebody on that Chelsea board right now nodding his/her head thinking '65 million quid for Lukaku? Mhm, let's do this.'

Seriously hope this is BS.

Emenalo probably jerks himself to sleep thinking of masterminding Lukaku's return. :D

As long as we address all of our other needs in addition to signing Lukaku I won't care. If we go and spend a ridiculous amount on him and it means we can't sign midfielders and defenders of a certain level and instead have to settle for average ones I'll be livid.

I really, really, really find it absurd to believe that there is somebody on that Chelsea board right now nodding his/her head thinking '65 million quid for Lukaku? Mhm, let's do this.'

Seriously hope this is BS.

Maybe Diego wants back to Atletico this summer and made his mind clear to the board behind the scenes?

I hope not, because I think Costa>Lukaku

Essien19 likes this

Hope it doesn't happen, but imagine Costa back at Atleti. He and Griezmann together under Simeone. Fucking hell what a duo. They'd be CL favorites.

If only we could see that partnership here... :(

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hope it doesn't happen, but imagine Costa back at Atleti. He and Griezmann together under Simeone. Fucking hell what a duo. They'd be CL favorites.

If only we could see that partnership here... :(

fat chance, more likely to have cahill spamming long balls to pelle

It all makes so little sense. So all that money saving, all that penny pinching, all that cheaper alternatives to now move quickly and pay 4th highest transfer fee in history for a player the club owned just 2 years ago ?

I don't believe it at all. Unless the price is significantly smaller.

3 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

It all makes so little sense. So all that money saving, all that penny pinching, all that cheaper alternatives to now move quickly and pay 4th highest transfer fee in history for a player the club owned just 2 years ago ?

I don't believe it at all. Unless the price is significantly smaller.

It is smaller.

We will pay 35 mil for him. We get 30 mil in bonuses back.

1 minute ago, Melanicus said:

It is smaller.

Huh ? Where are you getting that from ?

9 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

It is smaller.

You state that as known fact. Sounds good if true and would explain a lot. We're just helping Everton drum up interest in the player. Let someone else buy him and bank the cash. Far rather add £30m to the transfer kitty, than Lukaku to the squad.

12 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Huh ? Where are you getting that from ?

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You state that as known fact. Sounds good if true but, if so, let someone else buy him and bank the cash. Far rather add £30m to the transfer kitty, than Lukaku to the squad.

This of course explains it all. We're helping Everton drum up interest in the player.

I think you understood me wrong.

We are paying "only" 35 mil for him, because we already got 30 mil back when we sold him.

So in reality we are paying "only" 35 mil for him, not 65.

Give him another go but given the ridiculous amount of money they wanted for Stones, I dread to think what they will want for this bloke. Appreciate hes improved, but he was young and raw and he couldn't trap a bag of cement in a Chelsea shirt. Anyway, its not move I see happening. If it does, it will highlight even more the complete lack of direction we have.