Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Precisely why I don't feel he's ready to play for chelsea fulltime. He will be fantastic in a squad that don't face compact defenses often. Lukaku does not possess the sort of technique that works in small, tight spaces... Its exactly what most who hate Chelsea know, but ignore when he's scoring for West Brom and Everton.

Still trying to figure out why so called Chelsea fans are rejoicing in the fact that one of their own had a bad game. The egos on some of you know no bounds... Who cares if you're right? Isn't this something you would rather be wrong about?

Can't stand fanboys but I equally can't stand people who diss our young players. Anyone remember a fella named Daniel Sturridge? He's young, he can learn and will.

fans like polo7, jose1893, are true "chelsea" fans.

Wow, and people got slated for saying Costa was shit after 1 game last week..

Costa won a penaly though and made some good runs

Lukaku in this game was completely useless

Still I have firm belief that Lukaku would do great for us given the chance.

Costa as well

Not sure why anyone was surprised Lukaku performed poorly as he's not a target man and never will be. Benteke is 1000x the target man that Romelu is. I wouldn't mind selling Romelu if Chelsea were to spend some of the money on Origi as a younger cheaper replacement.

Lukaku needs open space and to play facing goal to be successful.

I don't think it's a surprise for anyone, he's like Torres. He needs space so he can open his legs. But I wouldn't put a lot of blame on him today, most lone strikers would have had trouble today when the middle of the pitch was so congested. Lukaku just needs to bring himself down to earth and work hard next year as the 2nd choice striker. At worst he'll always be useful when playing purely on counters or when chasing a game and you need more bodies up front.

Not sure why anyone was surprised Lukaku performed poorly as he's not a target man and never will be. Benteke is 1000x the target man that Romelu is. I wouldn't mind selling Romelu if Chelsea were to spend some of the money on Origi as a younger cheaper replacement.

Lukaku needs open space and to play facing goal to be successful.

So he is no good for us then? Because most of the teams we face play defensive football.

WOW. So much double standards. I knew this would happen. Costa has a below average game and he is rightly defended but people are waiting at the door to bash Lukaku. I am not denying that he had a bad game or am I saying he should be the no.1 striker but fucking relax. This is Belgium's first game in a WC for 12 years. They were all average in first half and some second half. Second game I am sure they will have better team chemistry and we hopefully will see a better performance.

But sorry to say some of our 'fans' should be embarrassed with their comments. Especially the one who described him as a "joke of a striker" or something down those lines. We should be getting behind him regardless of his comments to the media. He is 21 and it amazes me to see how people jump on his back but when he does well you don't see the ones criticising him complementing him.

I don't judge strikers on one games that is why I am not going to slate Lukaku or Costa but please don't act as if Lukaku was poor while defending Costa who was also poor despite winning the penalty.

Patience of our fans is poor and shameful. He had a bad game. That does not make him a bad striker ffs.

It's poor but some people have grown antagonistic to his antics because of his big mouth even after professing his so-called love for Chelsea.

WOW. So much double standards. I knew this would happen. Costa has a below average game and he is rightly defended but people are waiting at the door to bash Lukaku. I am not denying that he had a bad game or am I saying he should be the no.1 striker but fucking relax. This is Belgium's first game in a WC for 12 years. They were all average in first half and some second half. Second game I am sure they will have better team chemistry and we hopefully will see a better performance.

But sorry to say some of our 'fans' should be embarrassed with their comments. Especially the one who described him as a "joke of a striker" or something down those lines. We should be getting behind him regardless of his comments to the media. He is 21 and it amazes me to see how people jump on his back but when he does well you don't see the ones criticising him complementing him.

I don't judge strikers on one games that is why I am not going to slate Lukaku or Costa but please don't act as if Lukaku was poor while defending Costa who was also poor despite winning the penalty.

Patience of our fans is poor and shameful. He had a bad game. That does not make him a bad striker ffs.

You know what the difference is? Costa has proved himself on the big stage. Without doing so Lukaku is talking non stop to the press about being a "complete striker". Thats what annoys me.

You know what the difference is? Costa has proved himself on the big stage. Without doing so Lukaku is talking non stop to the press about being a "complete striker". Thats what annoys me.

and then u r rejoicing in ONE poor performance of his despite him still being OUR player.

fair enough, right? :wank2::rolleyes: