test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

11,621 posts in this topic

That's a beauty.

My thoughts exactly. I can relate to Romelu when he says Hasselbaink, because he was one of the first players I saw. People ask me what players made me like Chelsea, he would probably be one of the first.

I find it funny how all of a sudden all the Romelu lukaku haters have just vanished? I don't know if anyone else remembers at least a few members of this forum referring to lukaku as a Heskey or a Carlton Cole. Anyways SOOO STOKED he's signed best day Iv had in a long time :)! I have much love for Romelu and wish him luck :).

I find it funny how all of a sudden all the Romelu lukaku haters have just vanished? I don't know if anyone else remembers at least a few members of this forum referring to lukaku as a Heskey or a Carlton Cole. Anyways SOOO STOKED he's signed best day Iv had in a long time :)! I have much love for Romelu and wish him luck :).

Heskey? :lol:

He actually reminds of Victor Moses for Wigan.

As every other cfc fan has done i was watching the clips on youtube and love the fact that we seem to have signed a player who loves football and seems to be in it for the right reasons. Also the clip of him visiting the ground is an absolute beauty of a crowd winner, its what all young footballers should be like. My favourite clip is when hes running with two defenders and puts all his body to hold one off and as the other comes at him he almost tries to fend him off with his head, desire to win and give everything is glaringly obvious and what youl need to succeed in prem. Knowhere need the finish article but id bet my bottom dollar hel try to be the best he can. Something which i think if sturridge had would be playing for england right now.

Sheva. likes this

I am not a big fan of his game but you gotta respect the guy after the passion and desire he showed to play for chelsea .

I don't think he is a heskey or a carlon cole but from what i have seen he is not a drogba as well , he is more like an adebayor if you ask me but with better potential.

The main reason i was against this move was that i ve always hoped for more direct , pacy football with 2 proper wingers (Mata/De bruyne - Hazard/Neymar) and El nino esque player in front of them , i was looking for an improvement from the drogba era but i can't see how Lukaku would be an improvement from DD , Let's just hope that he lives up to the hype and be just as good as drogba.

Madmax likes this

it would be interesting if AVB decides to play him against West Brom

Might happen if we are beating West Brom 3 to 0.

@Blionheart i am really happy we are continuing our culture of a big powerful striker at Chelsea with skill around him. He will give prem league defenders a big problem.

If we get the right service to him then he will score, his 2 headers against ajax were superb in my opinion. My brother was at that game by the way and he said Romelu plays brilliant with his back to goal but he also said he is ultra fast something didier is not.