Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Just goes to show what playing every week can do to improve your game. When watching him in a few substitute appearences and in pre-season, Lukaku looked slow, sluggish and had an awful first touch. Now he looks like a completely different player.

Highlights of the game (only the goals). You can't really see his workrate or his screamer at the end of the game but you can see his assist.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xww1ax_west-brom-vs-aston-villa-2-2-goals-highlights_sport#.UPssfCeZR2B

And oh my what a goal by Benteke!

FFS. This is exactly why I kicked off about that nonsense Sum article being posted up here. People believe anything the media depict, absolutely ridiculous. It's like no one has a mind of their own? The media successfully made people think Sturridge is a twat and now they're trying to do the same with Lukaku, and people like yourself obviously easily fall for it.

Excellent post :)

Incidentally the 'selfish' Danny assisted and scored yesterday and is looking great with Suarez, but don't worry, he's shit according to everybody... Or could be he needed a run of games to find his form... Same with Lukaku... Sigh....

Don't let Romelu see that.. He might start having a bitch again.
FFS. This is exactly why I kicked off about that nonsense Sum article being posted up here. People believe anything the media depict, absolutely ridiculous. It's like no one has a mind of their own? The media successfully made people think Sturridge is a twat and now they're trying to do the same with Lukaku, and people like yourself obviously easily fall for it.

Wasn't the OP referring to the fact Lukaku said he doesn't want to be compared to Drogba? :blink:

Excellent post :)

Incidentally the 'selfish' Danny assisted and scored yesterday and is looking great with Suarez, but don't worry, he's shit according to everybody... Or could be he needed a run of games to find his form... Same with Lukaku... Sigh....

Sturridge is a very good player who will perform when he is playing regularly and he is starting to prove that with liverpool. He did that somewhat at bolton, and we are getting in a similar situation with romelu as people saw him in pre season and a tiny bit last season and said, he was not good enough for chelsea etc, he isn't technically good enough etc. He goes to west brom, gets some regular game time and is starting to prove what he can do... The issue is that we play with one striker currently and are likely to end up buying a big name striker like falcao in the summer at which point he is pushed further down the pecking order and then we get to another situation we have been in too regularly, and its not like we can loan him out for 3 seasons in a row (well we can i suppose)... It's an awkard situation and i am not sure what the solution is tbh, without us just saying in half a season, or 1 and a half seasons time that lukaku is our man... But that is one big risk to take. But looking on the brightside he is doing really well at west brom and hopefully one day he will be our amazing striker that scores for fun. :)

I don't think he plays like Drogba at all. He's a physical beast like Drogba, even more so but he plays more like the old Torres.

the run he made in the final minutes was typical Drogba ,,holding off two defenders with strength ,,,getting to the byeline and putting in a good cross