test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,714 posts in this topic

how good was he yesterday. just watched the motd and he was fucking awesome... that diagonal ball to mirallas at the start of the 2nd half - orgasmic. hold up play-brilliant. link up play-seemed good. and still people say "he is not ready"

what the fuck have we done?

johnnythefirst, TQB and DDA like this

I'm only going by MOTD highlights - but fuck me, he looked brilliant for Everton yesterday. Clinical finishing, pace, strength and vision - some of the passes he was making around the corner of the defender... absolutely class. Obviously though he doesn't get that sort of movement in this Chelsea team.

Sadly I don't think he has a future at Chelsea whilst Mourinho is here. He clearly doesn't believe in him.

Stats and Stingray like this

I'm only going by MOTD highlights - but fuck me, he looked brilliant for Everton yesterday. Clinical finishing, pace, strength and vision - some of the passes he was making around the corner of the defender... absolutely class. Obviously though he doesn't get that sort of movement in this Chelsea team.

Sadly I don't think he has a future at Chelsea whilst Mourinho is here. He clearly doesn't believe in him.

Especially After The penalty miss.

why u say that? i actually felt that jose liked him a lot. i mean even putting lukaku in as a sub against bayern when we were 10 men and to give the responsibility to him to lead the line shows he has faith in him.

i think sending lukaku out on loan was more because we could not find a loan for ba and the board made a very good call by not loaning ba to arsenal after they had already got ozil. that would have strengthened them. so as a last resort and seing no point of having 4 strikers for 1 striker role, we loaned him.

atleast thats my take on it.

Couldn't disagree more. I didn't want him to go out on loan, but I think he has a very long future ahead of him at this club. He has all the tools to fit into a Mourinho system but it was clearly a pragmatic decision to not go into the season with 4 strikers and he was just unlucky to be the only viable option from the view of the management.

Especially After The penalty miss.

So Jose doesn't believe in him, but lets him take the fifth penalty in a cup final?

xPetrCechx and kellzfresh like this

Hope he has a future here given how he has performed when out on loan.Can see it being the case we often have with they go on loan so many times then vanish and do amazing elsewhere.Good goal yesterday though painful!

Sod the penalty miss Lampards missed a load doesnt mean we've shoved him out the door.Shouldnt matter and I hope next season he gets a chance to prove what he can do for us rather then other teams out there

some people are just born to play for midtable clubs and no higher than that

Well, I don't really think this applies to Lukaku. His genetics are pretty much ok, it is the extra experience he needs now. And that is something nobody is 'born' with.

He told several times he didn't know he was going to be loaned out until 7 pm that day.

On the subject of gaining regular playing time, Mourinho said: 'It is important for Lukaku.
'We have Samuel Eto'o, Fernando Torres and Demba Ba, and of course he would have had chances to play but another thing is to play basically every weekend.
'He had [possible] clubs, he had options and he made that decision, I have to respect that decision and hopefully it goes well for him and it goes well for everyone.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3447451/title/chelsea-tv-exclusive-mourinho-on-summer-moves

I know what was said and I've read that quote too. But, unless he's lying, he didn't know he was going to be loaned out until 7pm. Whether he wanted it before that time is another question.

He told several times he didn't know he was going to be loaned out until 7 pm that day.

Maybe because Everton didn't make a loan bid until that time haha

Lukaku was with the national team when the loan was agreed. It was really a last minute thing in which he had little say. Came as a surprise to him that Chelsea suddenly wanted to loan him again but as Demba Ba was staying that was the decision. He might have favoured going back to West Brom where he found somebody who really made him better in Steve Clark. Apparently Mourinho told him to go to Everton because of their possession based football. Maybe not a bad choice, especially as their squad looks strong enough and Martinez is also a coach with a vision.

Long story short: Lukaku definitely didn't ask to go on loan.

Gorando and Stingray like this

why would he come back this season

he likes it there at the moment, the fans like him

and well we have 3 (exellent) strikers who couldn't hit the stadium if they where standing 3 feet off it

for me he can stay there this season because there he gets the appreciation he deserves

why would he come back this season

he likes it there at the moment, the fans like him

and well we have 3 (exellent) strikers who couldn't hit the stadium if they where standing 3 feet off it

for me he can stay there this season because there he gets the appreciation he deserves

He gets appreciated by our fans as well, it's the either the board who isn't convinced yet or they genuinly felt a loan would be best for both parties (due to unrealistic expectations for Eto'o or the fact they failed to loan out Ba)