test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,714 posts in this topic

People saying why did he take pen? well because all we had left was him, Mikel and the defenders. He scored many at WBA also, so it was just a matter of him choking on a big stage - something that can happen to anyone.

For example - Drogba has missed 2 decisive pens in Afcon finals.

Yeah only Cech, Ivan, Cahill, Terry, Mikel left to take the pens so obviously Lukaku is the best option there, bar Cahill maybe.

People saying why did he take pen? well because all we had left was him, Mikel and the defenders. He scored many at WBA also, so it was just a matter of him choking on a big stage - something that can happen to anyone.

For example - Drogba has missed 2 decisive pens in Afcon finals.

It seems people are complaining about the decisions to leave him as the last kick.

Sheva. likes this

It seems people are complaining about the decisions to leave him as the last kick.

Some managers like to have a good penalty taker as the 5th, but some go with their best takers first, and that's what Mourinho did.. Lukaku was the best option left, but couldn't handle the pressure.

He will be devastated, but he'll pick himself up and carry on. Everyone makes mistakes, and at least this was 'only' the Supercup.

Poor penalty. But its all right kraken,know you will come back strongly. But please hit hard next time. It always makes me nervous when you take penalties like that even hazard with his successful ratio.

People complaining about Lukaku should remember that Mata also missed a penalty in the Champions League final. Of course, it was not decisive since it didn't lose us the trophy, but still it was a penalty missed in a final. The point is that shit like this happens. To everyone, at any moment. If all the players would've left their clubs or ended their careers after missing a penalty in an important moment, Roberto Baggio, Trezeguet or Schweinsteiger would be sad history by now.

Stingray and johnnythefirst like this

Never seen him miss one, bad moment to do that for first time...
But wat was Jose thinking? He didn't give him any confidence in the last matches by benching him after torres, Ba and Schurrle. He was clearly shaking before he had to take it..
Normally he shoot it hard, nog he tries to do it like Hazard.

You were practically campaiging against the Cavani signing in the summer so Lukaku got a chance, now you want Lukaku to be shipped out on loan to give time to one off the worst players in our history? :lol:

Jesus fuking christ.

lol :)

You mad?

I was happy with him staying here until the Eto'o signing.

Send him out on loan for another year of experience.

Sammy scored 37 goals and added another 15 assists next year. Torres is brilliant backup, don't see him getting enough minutes if he stays.

Torres brilliant backup? Why is that?

Because he finally made a goal again?

Because he was expensive and therefore gets unlimited chances..

Tomo likes this

I bet he'll start next game to boost up his confidence.

would be a poor decision. everton away is one of the toughest fixtures.

I don't agree that he cost us the trophy. He just missed a penalty in a shout-out which has to happen in ever shout-out. Yes he shares some of the blame for us losing, but so does Oscar who missed that sitter that could have won us the match in normal time, and so does Cech for not saving any of the 5 pens, and so does whoever was supposed to mark Martinez in that final set piece.

One can not say, Lukaku cost us the trophy because no one knows what could have happened, later.

I agree, Oscar shares the blame to convert the sitter, but Cech ? This guy, kept Chelsea in it. Also, to mark Martinez ? That was a lucky bounce, I feel.

It's funny to me how some people on here now consider Torres the perfect substitute for Eto'o, because he showed one little flash of his former talent, after I don't know how many awful, useless matches.

Opinions seem to change with the wind...

Tomo and The Skipper like this

It's funny to me how some people on here now consider Torres the perfect substitute for Eto'o, because he showed one little flash of his former talent, after I don't know how many awful, useless matches.

Opinions seem to change with the wind...

Indeed if you gave me all those chances I would put one in eventually :P