test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,714 posts in this topic

Seemingly, so the article goes on Lukaku to stay much longer if he hits a certain number of appearances this season.

Now, my question: Who authorized it ?

Here is a kid Chelsea spent 18m. He has knocked in 9 goals so far & might not even play for Chelsea for months.

Are those at Chelsea´s office totally fucking clueless ?

They're actually thinking long-term which is what the club didn't do five years ago. They're looking at getting the most out of a player over the long-term rather than running around like headless chickens throwing money around.

kellzfresh likes this

Was he really spiting walker or just spit on the grass? Red card or not?

I don't think he meant to properly spit at Walker, but there was intent. It's a logical red, especially as Clattenberg was looking right at them.

TorontoChelsea likes this

They're actually thinking long-term which is what the club didn't do five years ago. They're looking at getting the most out of a player over the long-term rather than running around like headless chickens throwing money around.

As I said the other day, Chelsea should strongly consider getting into buying & renting players. It might be a very fruitful business.

Let me try one hypothetical question here. Assume Roman packs Torres out somewhere, anywhere. Lukaku plays certain amount of games & stays with WB. What then ?

To me that clause in his loan has no merit, providing it´s valid.

case 1 we take Lukaku back next season to bolster our nearly empty striker contingent

case 2 we extent his loan, only got one or two strikers and have to splash out to get someone else.

In which scenario we are more likely to throw around money?

I don't think he meant to properly spit at Walker, but there was intent. It's a logical red, especially as Clattenberg was looking right at them.

Yeah, it looked like he was spitting in disgust and not at Walker. That is, unless, Popov's spitting is as wayward as some of his crosses.

Eden2020 likes this

Yeah, it looked like he was spitting in disgust and not at Walker. That is, unless, Popov's spitting is as wayward as some of his crosses.

Lmao! :lol:

on a side note; I'm glad Clarke didn't try to defend him!

Hard to believe he is only 3 years older than me, the guy is an absolute animal, looks as if hes 25 or older. Also shares my brothers birthday and mines is 3 days after.......

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8474316/Romelu-Lukaku-believes-he-can-become-a-legend-at-Chelsea

Romelu Lukaku wants to return to Chelsea in the summer and become a legend for the club.

The Belgium international striker is currently on loan at West Brom and has scored nine Premier League goals for the Baggies this season.

But the 19-year-old sees his long-term future at Stamford Bridge and believes there is still time for him to become a star with the Blues.

"Yeah, that is the dream. That's what I signed for Chelsea for," Lukaku told Sky Sports News.

"My aim is to play at the Bridge and to be a legend over there in the future.

"But the time is going so really I need to keep playing. And hopefully in the next few years become one of the key elements at the Bridge.

The signing of Demba Ba in January looks to have made Lukaku's task of earning a starting spot at Chelsea a trickier one but the powerful forward is undaunted by the competition.

"That's the thing when you play for Chelsea. They will always sign big players," he added.

"So now it is up to me to show I can go over there and play and do the same as he does now."

petr.breu and Jusek like this

Its no surprise he wants to play for Chelsea.

Its no surprise that he is very good and very talentful. (some of you guys didnt know that before his loan)

HOWEVER its no surprise that this guy wants to be a regular or at least play very much. At the moment that isnt possible with Ba and Torres.

If we intend on still playing the 4-2-3-1 that creates problem because we are likely to buy a striker in the summer transfer window and hopefully Torres will be gone. That will leave us with ba, a new striker. I dont think Lukaku wants to return under those circumstances. I cannot see us having 3 strikers like that.

So I am pretty convinced that if we buy someone like Cavani/Falcao we wont recall Lukaku for at least 2 seasons or so. Then we will probably sell Ba and go with Falcao/cavani+lukaku.

I would like to see how well he plays with Ba actually. He is playing well at West Brom with other strikers around him, I didn't much rate him before he went there but he has been impressing and improving.

Atholy likes this

With everyone clear that not only would Romelu Lukaku like to remain
with us next season on loan, but that Albion would welcome it, Steve
Clarke had rubbished rumours that the player has an automatic extension
clause in his original loan deal with us.

Speaking to the press, Clarke said of the rumours.

'That is ridiculous. He is simply on a season long loan from Chelsea, nothing else.'

Clarke said that if anything was to happen with Rom next season, it would require fresh negotiations with Chelsea again.

I think he deserves a chance to prove himself rather than sending him on loan again first. Look how well he is doing at WBA with a team with inferior creativity compared to us. If he was in a team with Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses etc he is bound to score even more goals. He is only going to get better as well and I would like to see him here next season. Getting better every game and he can be a big success story at the Bridge next season.

Atholy likes this

True this!

I have never doubted he wanted to return to the Bridge after all!

Some people here blamed him for his eagerness to play. Stating he's only 18-19 years old and he couldn't claim a place in the team.

I totally understand this reaction BUT I also think you should admire a 18 year old player for showing this ambition!

When he says he wants to play... he really means this. A 18-19 year old kid running around on the training ground amongst these 'star' players.

One could say it's arrogant... but I admire him for that.

He shows what it is to have such a strong willingness to be on that pitch... and defend the Chelsea colors. Don't forget he truly is a chelsea fan... just like us!

Imagine anyone of us being offered to be in the squad... we would go insane wouldn't we?

So I like a 19 year old youngster (who's maybe a little bit naive because of his ambition) FAR better... than any 28 year old 'star', coming here to live a fancy life in London & earning loads of cash for him and his WAG!! I want motivated players who have a career planning that doesn't involve changing clubs every Mercato and who are willing to work 90 minutes for the team... OUR team.

Lukaku's sentence: "my dream is to play at the Bridge in the future and to become a chelsea legend" => gotta love him for that!!

Stingray, robdog and zolayes like this

Hopefully he will start vs west brom tonight... Wouls be good to see him in action again.

He is on the bench :(