Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

If he wanted to actually come, he would have ridden the rumour to the wall, or kept quiet. With that statement i doubt he would come to England, and would more likely stay in Belgium or go to spain.

I see him as a FUTURE star who could get the odd apearance now, and then break through during Drogba's final years, establishing himself as the third choice striker and then replacing Torres when his time comes and start a partnership with the more experienced Sturridge.

Why would we want to change our style of play? The way we play has won us numours trophies over the last 10 years. In my oppinion dont change sonmthing unless its broken. Maybe tweak some things here and there! I see Lukaku as a future Chelsea Cult hero. Huge potential and where better to improve his abilities then under Drogba at CFC. People compare him to Carlton Cole,K.Jones and Heskey which is such bullshit. He'll be 18 if and when he signs for CFC i doubt he's in any hurry to start every game he has plenty of time to develop. He could make Vidic look like a School boy, I cant wait to see this kid play for Cfc.

Maybe one day?

Cech

Bertrand..Luiz..Bruma..??

Ramires..Josh..Mikel

Sturridge..Torres..??

Bertrand..Luiz..Bruma..??

Ramires..Josh..mikel..??

Torres..Lukaku

I don't see the NEED to change our playing style. If we continue to sign similar personnel, we might as well stick with it. Btw Bertrand is a LB and I'm starting to doubt that Bruma will be a starter for us

I don't see the NEED to change our playing style. If we continue to sign similar personnel, we might as well stick with it. Btw Bertrand is a LB and I'm starting to doubt that Bruma will be a starter for us

CB is the hardest position for a young player to brake into and especially in a strong team that needs results such as us. I'd rather have him go out on loans as Bertrand until he's around 22 years and then we'll see. Alex and Terry will be older then and there will be more chances for Jeff.

Though I agree with you, our bad results weren't a result of teams playing a particular tactic against us, but our out of form players, and switching to a new style of play is risky.

We don't need to. It works.

4 fired managers in last 7 years, no CL trophy, instability.

Manchester are changing style every season: 3 CL final in 7 years, same manager, stability, greatest team in the world.

So, we really need to.

Here's a very recent Romelu Lukaku audio interview :

http://www.beyondthepitch.net/podcasts/edition/index.cfm/beyond-the-pitch/2011/05/11/romelu-lukaku/

Comes off as a very level-headed , mature guy , who knows what he wants and is sorrounded by the right people to help him with the decision . He obviously likes England as his preferred league , quotes Chelsea and United as some of the winning clubs he wants to join and Drogba as the player he models himself on .

And he's all of 17 . If we didn't already have Torres, Drogba and the returning Sturrdige as out and out strikers , there would be hope or sense in getting him .

Another that looks like it will happen this summer. The question with Lukaku is will we bring him straight into the team or let him gain more expereince on loan first?

Good question, I imagine it would be dependant upon who leaves this summer. I'm sure it would be massively beneficial to him to work with Drogba for a year (providing he stays), although he'd be behind Torres, Drogba, Sturridge (assuming Anelka leaves us). Sturridge could potentially occupy the right wing in a 4-3-3, which means Lukaku would be 3rd choice striker, and therefore would expect a handful of opportunities to ease him into the league.

He's 18 today btw.