test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jim

Tomáš Kalas

Started by Jim,

690 posts in this topic

Nice, he could be a good Azpi back-up in near future..

Definitely tbh i would recall him as soon as next season.

Kalas has been solid defensively at right back vs Twente in the first half. Has stepped in the middle of defense at times to break up play as well.

I'm surprised this thread is barely active. Are people not aware that out on loan we have this 19 year old being one of the absolute best defenders in the whole of Holland, at the same time being one of the most influential players in Vitesse's over-achieving season where they currently sit in 2nd place in the league, only 5 points behind leaders Ajax?

Also I really want to make this clear - Yes, he can play at right back and has done for a few games this season, but he is a centre back.

Much like Ivanovic, he's probably better in the centre, but at the same time can be one of the best right backs in the league if deployed there.

He is incredible. There's nothing stopping him from becoming one of the world's best defenders at all.

All this talk of how Lukaku does on loan, or De Bruyne, even Bamford or Piazon - but out of all of them, Kalas is the only player who's playing like a leader week in, week out; and is by far the most consistent.

Tomo and zolayes like this

I'm surprised this thread is barely active. Are people not aware that out on loan we have this 19 year old being one of the absolute best defenders in the whole of Holland, at the same time being one of the most influential players in Vitesse's over-achieving season where they currently sit in 2nd place in the league, only 5 points behind leaders Ajax?

Also I really want to make this clear - Yes, he can play at right back and has done for a few games this season, but he is a centre back.

Much like Ivanovic, he's probably better in the centre, but at the same time can be one of the best right backs in the league if deployed there.

He is incredible. There's nothing stopping him from becoming one of the world's best defenders at all.

All this talk of how Lukaku does on loan, or De Bruyne, even Bamford or Piazon - but out of all of them, Kalas is the only player who's playing like a leader week in, week out; and is by far the most consistent.

Didnt really know he was that good, actually. Thanks for this :rolleyes:

He'll get a premier league loan next season and maybe the season after he can be part of the squad. However, I'm fine with next 2 seasons on loan in the prem. He's a defender no need to rush him, experience as a defender is just if not more valuable than ability.

he looks abit like gudjohsen. i would play him next season he is so awesome.

Havent been following him, is he any good ?

yeah - easily one of erediveses best and only turned 20 on wednesday

yeah - easily one of erediveses best and only turned 20 on wednesday

What kind of a player is he? Agressive massive CB? or more of a smart fast one? ...

What kind of a player is he? Agressive massive CB? or more of a smart fast one? ...

Smart fast one and versatile as well.

plays more on the RB than on the CB

simply recall him. We will be short on both RB and Cb, he would easily end up with 10-20 starts and 20-30 appearences overall. Hope he is in Mourinho's book.

Yup - Dutch league hardly mentioned in UK though - so no surprise his performances have gone under the radar!

Get him in, straight in with Iva at the back ;)

Yup - Dutch league hardly mentioned in UK though - so no surprise his performances have gone under the radar!

Get him in, straight in with Iva at the back ;)

Only La Liga and Bundesliga are covered over here in detail Muzchapiio. Back in the day there use to be Football Italia on Channel 4 which I personally loved. That was when the Italian League was bursting at the seems with global superstars. That was when I first saw Del Piero donning white boots and my jaw dropped :getin:

There is a Eurosport coverage of the Asian Leagues and some other leagues I think but nothing where you could see the progress of Tomas Kalas and other loaned out youth. Nothing I know about anyways.

So when the foreign dudes like yourself and others on here report back the development of such players I am truly greatfull. :rolleyes:

Muzchap likes this

I dont think we will recall both Kalas and Omuero this upcoming season.

We have JT, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz and Ake all options at CB and potentially either one of Kalas/Omuero who could get some game time but having both of them here, one of them would struggle for games unless we get a lot of injuries and suspensions.

Kalas can cover at RB which makes him coming back seem more appealing but there was a rumor Steve Clark was considering approaching us about a loan deal for him which would be an excellent chance for him tbh. Also the fact Vitesse are in the Champions League too next year could end up with him staying there but hes already had 2 or 3 seasons in Holland, I think a Bundesliga/PL loan would benefit him more.