test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

J.F.

Islam Feruz

Started by J.F.,

378 posts in this topic

I would compare him more to Aguero in style, more pacy then Rooney and more direct. Very good goalscorer but could also play slightly deeper as a goal threat from...deep.

Similar but not very much. Feruz relies more on his pace and can actually dribble past a man unlike Shrek. On the hand he doesn't have Rooney's tactical awareness as to when to drop off, create space, track back..etc but then again very few in the world do.

Lol the Shrek thing always cracks me up. Rooney REALLY looks like Shrek!

What ever happened to if you're good enough you're old enough? But being realistic, it would be more beneficial to get a loan to a Championship side like Bamford just did and he had a nice debut for MK Dons.

Muzchap likes this

Benitez and Roman were both watching today's game, maybe they were impressed.

Along with JT, Emanalo and Shevchenko. The last one's constant presence is starting to raise some question, not that I would be against him taking some sort of position at the club.

Corner, James and Muzchap like this

Along with JT, Emanalo and Shevchenko. The last one's constant presence is starting to raise some question, not that I would be against him taking some sort of position at the club.

Sheva is Roman's mate - so he probably asked him for his 'personal' opinion....

I agree with @Blue Gino - Sterling is playing for Liverpool and he's a young lad and doing well - why dont we give some of these guys a chance? What's the worst that could happen - they miss the target, are ineffective, constantly lose the ball? Isn't that the situation we're in now... :P

I can only see upsides - e.g. they SCORE :)

The Mak likes this

Put Islam in the first team now Torres and Sturridge aint doing it give him a chance even if its only as a sub just give him a chance B)

How can Sturridge do it while he's injured?

Can someone remind me of the arguments against playing Islam Feruz in the first team right now?

Would it be a significant downgrade on Torres? Would it impinge his development if we played him early (unlike all those other great players we've developed slowly like Kakuta, Mancienne etc.)?

Can someone remind me of the arguments against playing Islam Feruz in the first team right now?

Would it be a significant downgrade on Torres? Would it impinge his development if we played him early (unlike all those other great players we've developed slowly like Kakuta, Mancienne etc.)?

Option 1: Torres.

Option 2: A young player with raw talent, looking to prove himself.

I'll take Option 2 please!

Great player, Was on ChelseaTV tonight in an interview. He tends to score which ever age-group he's playing under. Maybe next pre-season will be his time to make his debut for the senior team? Although i'd want him to play now, We shouldn't rush him into the team too early. We've seen it before with youngsters who've been rushed into things and just gone no-where with it. I.E Gael Kakuta.

Stats likes this

Great player, Was on ChelseaTV tonight in an interview. He tends to score which ever age-group he's playing under. Maybe next pre-season will be his time to make his debut for the senior team? Although i'd want him to play now, We shouldn't rush him into the team too early. We've seen it before with youngsters who've been rushed into things and just gone no-where with it. I.E Gael Kakuta.

In what way was Kakuta rushed? I can't remember the last time we put a young player into the first-team with any sense of urgency, and that hasn't exactly been a resounding success has it?

The kid has stepped up to every challenge he has faced. Why not throw him in at the deep end rather than sending him on a few loans to lower division clubs in the hope he might get some playing time, but will in all likelihood stagnate and be sold to Cardiff City in 4 years time?

killer1257, The Mak and BlueSanti like this