Islam Feruz

J.F.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Feruz' progress to the first team should be fast tracked, the boy is immensely talented, despite his height, he fantastic in the air and is no push-over, his two goals for Scotland gave a good summary of his abilities. He should be on the sub bench at least in the COC, FA cup and at the club world cup. Next season he should go on loan to a Championship club and come back ready to fight for a place in the first team.

He along with Mceachran, Chalobah, Piazon and Kane are in my opinion the club's 5 most promising youth products.

I think Feruz' progress to the first team should be fast tracked, the boy is immensely talented, despite his height, he fantastic in the air and is no push-over, his two goals for Scotland gave a good summary of his abilities. He should be on the sub bench at least in the COC, FA cup and at the club world cup. Next season he should go on loan to a Championship club and come back ready to fight for a place in the first team.

He along with Mceachran, Chalobah, Piazon and Kane are in my opinion the club's 5 most promising youth products.

Even though I wholeheartedly agree, I think rushing his career will be devastating for his development. Even if it has to be a League loan instead of a Championship loan in order to guarantee him playing time.

The problem with this is the step up from reserves and u21's to premier league level is just too far apart. Sure there's exceptions like Raheem Sterling but considering where Liverpool are at the moment in terms of squad strength and options on that flank (..downing), it's no surprise that Sterling's managed to excel. Not saying he doesn't deserve his run in that side, but he's excelling because the pressure isn't enormous on him to deliver because of how shit that squad is.

Islam Feruz plays in a very similar manner to Wayne Rooney, no?

Yep, he was given the 'tag' of Scottish Wayne Rooney since his youth days at Celtic.

The Kid is gifted, hopefully he makes our first team just like Chalobah, Josh and a few others.

Islam Feruz plays in a very similar manner to Wayne Rooney, no?

Similar but not very much. Feruz relies more on his pace and can actually dribble past a man unlike Shrek. On the hand he doesn't have Rooney's tactical awareness as to when to drop off, create space, track back..etc but then again very few in the world do.

Similar but not very much. Feruz relies more on his pace and can actually dribble past a man unlike Shrek. On the hand he doesn't have Rooney's tactical awareness as to when to drop off, create space, track back..etc but then again very few in the world do.

Lol the Shrek thing always cracks me up. Rooney REALLY looks like Shrek!