Oriol Romeu

termninja

Barcelona can buy back the player, but that doesn't mean the player will accept a contract.

The two scenarios are, a; he stays and we have a real talent, or be; he leaves and returns to Barcelona, in which case we double our money. A win-win in my eyes.

He will be our first choice holding midfielder for 10 years and i'm so glad we've finally found the perfect one. What a player he is, seen him twice and already love him. He's cool, calm, strong, quick, big, tall, BEAST!

Couldn't put it better myself.

His composure is brilliant. Similar to Josh. He handles himself well, doesn't panic, and isn't afraid of a tackle. Really hope we do all we can to keep him here and away from Barca's lure.

He impressed me whenever he has played. He shows a good maturity for his age, has a good and quick passing game, has good reactions and he is good at defense as well. His profil is more interesting than Mikel's one. So, if he keeps showing this kind of performances, he will soon be a part of the starting eleven... Or soon going back to Barça.

He will be our first choice holding midfielder for 10 years and i'm so glad we've finally found the perfect one. What a player he is, seen him twice and already love him. He's cool, calm, strong, quick, big, tall, BEAST!

Unless he returns to Barca :D

You are right though, he has absolutely amazed and I really like him. I hope he stays.

Doesn't he have to agree to terms with Barca to go back? Maybe he'll be happy enough here to stay. He's started a few CC games, started a CL game, will probably get to play again Tuesday night against Genk. Don't see the playing time happening for him at Barca. Although who knows what will happen in 2-3 years at Barca. Seems to be well-liked by AVB and it's always better to be on the good side of the manager then in the doghouse.

Doesn't he have to agree to terms with Barca to go back? Maybe he'll be happy enough here to stay. He's started a few CC games, started a CL game, will probably get to play again Tuesday night against Genk. Don't see the playing time happening for him at Barca. Although who knows what will happen in 2-3 years at Barca. Seems to be well-liked by AVB and it's always better to be on the good side of the manager then in the doghouse.

Yes it is up to him and that is what is giving me hope. Barca can pay the money required to activate the transfer clause in his contract which will allow them to talk to him and offer him a contract. It is all up to Oriol to decide where does his future belong.

That was pretty quick for Romeu. I think it's a good sign that he's learning English so soon after arriving. Seems he's trying to acclimate to England which I'm looking way too much into.

Saw an interview on Chelsea FC the other night with Ramires and Ferreira was interpreting for him. Asked when he would be doing an English interview and he replied in Portuguese maybe a year or two. He also said maybe the English could learn Portuguese to help him. :P

Classic Luiz crashing in!

Good English from the lad. He'd be one of my favourite players at the moment if I didn't have this Barcelona deal in the back of my mind. I can only hope he has enough of a good time in the next 2-years that he decides he wants a prolonged career here.

do we have any opertunities to keep him at Chelsea if Barca want to trigger the buy back clause ?

can anyone give me a summery on the situation.

I really don´t want to lose him anytime soon. And certainly not when he is a regular first team player (like Fabregas)