test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

7,927 posts in this topic

So what was Cech last you checked? An average keeper?

Did you watch the champions league? Did you watch our game vs Bayern for instance? Do you even know who Cech is?

When you claim something like that, feel free to explain yourself. Beucase to me,, no sane peson would say that Cech isnt world class.

He is WITHOUT A DOUBT top 5, top 3 easily according to me.

Cech is a world class keeper, but isn't as good as he used to be

If I may, what does it mean, a world class ?

According to whom ?

I saw, Cech playing for the Czech national team & he looked like a school boy there.

No one is saying he is bad, but he ain´t world class, to me.

Therefore, my opinion he should not have been signed for 5 years. More like, 2-3 the tops.

Kojo likes this

The only sure thing is you can't have both. Of the two, no one deserves to be benched, and no one will.

Benching Cech would be dishonoring his Chelsea legacy, benching Courtois would frankly be a crime against football by now.

One of them will go next year. Read my lips.

If I may, what does it mean, a world class ?

According to whom ?

I saw, Cech playing for the Czech national team & he looked like a school boy there.

No one is saying he is bad, but he ain´t world class, to me.

Therefore, my opinion he should not have been signed for 5 years. More like, 2-3 the tops.

He looked like a schoolboy in the champions league too? And against United? and Bayern?

The only sure thing is you can't have both. Of the two, no one deserves to be benched, and no one will.

Benching Cech would be dishonoring his Chelsea legacy, benching Courtois would frankly be a crime against football by now.

One of them will go next year. Read my lips.

Would you like to read mine ?

Cech will stay & Courtie walks the line.

Would you like to read mine ?

Cech will stay & Courtie walks the line.

Most likely ,still would be a misstake imo,cech is great but so is courtois and he only Will get better

Anyway i bet other worldclass teams Will follow this closely

He looked like a schoolboy in the champions league too? And against United? and Bayern?

I already stated if you had read my post that He played well in the Champions League.

And against Bayern whether you like it or not all those shots where right at him, I bet Bayern where going mad at Mandazukic who couldn't hit a good header. Plus the Ribery shot he let in was shocking, just like the Arsenal 5-3 game when he could've prevented 3-4 goals.

http://www.belgofoot.be/interview-with-thibaut-courtois-la-derniere-heure-on-cech-mignolet-and-the-world-cup/

I really like this interview! Next year will be very interesting! He will fight for his place for sure!

“I’m not afraid of fighting for my place alongside Peter Cech as I don’t fear anyone. I am confident in my abilities and I know that Mourinho does not select players based on reputation. That was proved to be the case when he chose Diego Lopez (at Real Madrid) ahead of Casillas when he thought the former player was training harder.”

The Skipper likes this

The fact that Jose wanted him allready with the squad this year is probably a good sign that he has a plan for Thibaut. If it wasn't a pre-wc year, he probably stayed i guess.

It sounds clear that he wanted a good backup for Cech... That's why we tried to sign Buttland and then after Schwarzer.

Can't imagine José has any plan (the Board have one btw). José was looking for his team this season nothing more, and the best solution for this year was to have Courtois on bench in case of Cech's injury

Cech is still world class. The thing is Courtois is also approaching that level and can't be the bridesmaid forever. At some point we have to decide whether we make the switch now or sell Courtois and hope we have another prospect as good as him in about 5 years time.

Gilvorak likes this

It sounds clear that he wanted a good backup for Cech... That's why we tried to sign Buttland and then after Schwarzer.

If we ever sign Butland i will cringe, he's whole reputation is built on playing in the olympics, i have a mate who supports Birmingham and i saw a fair few of their games last season, some of the goals he conceded was comical.

Can't imagine José has any plan (the Board have one btw). José was looking for his team this season nothing more, and the best solution for this year was to have Courtois on bench in case of Cech's injury

Butland is third choice at Stoke right now. That move has not worked out as people scripted with Begovic staying and Sorensen is the no.2 He finds himself in quite a predicament. But even though Courtois is a better keeper than Schwarzer, I would much rather Schwarzer on the bench than Courtois because Courtois should be playing regular football rather than being on the bench here. He is on loan to a very good team who finished 3rd in La Liga, are currently in the CL and have won every La Liga game so far. I would much rather that than him being back up for Cech. He is just wasting away if that happens. On the other hand we now have a proven, experienced keeper who can come in and do a shift for Cech if he is injured or so. Compare Courtois on the bench or on loan to a team like Atletico? Of course I would go for the Atetico loan. He also has fierce competition in the NT with Mignolet who is another quality keeper.

Atholy likes this

If we ever sign Butland i will cringe, he's whole reputation is built on playing in the olympics, i have a mate who supports Birmingham and i saw a fair few of their games last season, some of the goals he conceded was comical.

Boro's Steele is ten times the keeper that Butland is. Criminally underrated player.

Boro's Steele is ten times the keeper that Butland is. Criminally underrated player.

Speaking of Boro, the Friday night game between Birmingham and Boro last November, the 2 goals Butland conceded that night you wouldn't even expect from Ross Turnbull.

Speaking of Boro, the Friday night game between Birmingham and Boro last November, the 2 goals Butland conceded that night you wouldn't even expect from Ross Turnbull.

Most keepers with good reflections get over-hyped when, for me, positioning and decision making are far more important. I think that's why Butland is so overrated; he made some excellent-reflex saves in the Olympics and got over-hyped by all of Britain.

On topic, I think it's fair to say that Thibaut easily eclipses both.