Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

10 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

How do we replace this allegedly overrated keeper?  (according to the geniuses on here) 

By getting one who's just as good with his hands but significantly better at distribution and playing from the back? 

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

By getting one who's just as good with his hands but significantly better at distribution and playing from the back? 

Like who? And do you trust this club to deliver on signing such a player giving our recent transfer history?

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Like who? And do you trust this club to deliver on signing such a player giving our recent transfer history?

Like his opposite number today who we've been heavily linked with. 

I mean, if Tibo were to sign a new 5 year contract so we don't have to ever hear about him leaving for the foreseeable future I'd be fine with it, but every other week all season and all summer long a new quote comes out about how he wants to go back to Spain. I'm sick of it. If we can replace him with Alisson I'd do it in a split second.

We wouldn't be losing much if anything as a shot stopper and we'd be gaining a modern goalie who keeps City's excellent Ederson out of the Brazil side.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

And without a bloody great big gap between his legs that lets balls through.

And catching every corner is so 2014. Phoo. I wish he could have a world class tournament once like Neuer and De Gea. Oh, wait...

Dude I am with you that courtois is class and one of the best keepers in the world....

But your responses in this thread have been old for so long. You clearly just want to say something sarcastic EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. that you post to try and prove some kind of point. You could just post something constructive and have a real conversation/debate about it.

@mods- I'm not sure how he is still posting here, he simply pulls the post quality down of the thread every time Courtois does something good.

Yeah, guys like 'Unionjack' and 'whats happening' above me prove your point. They are constructive and make this forum great again. I'm sure you w*nk off every time you read a comment like that. As long as people like that keep posting complete nonsense, I don't feel the need to discuss about non facts.

I don't think there are many people that actually want him to leave.  It's more like:

If you don't want to sign a new deal and want to leave on a free next summer, then you can go.  You're a good keeper but we won't miss the constant flirting with Madrid, or your dad.

If you want to sign and commit to the club, we'd love to keep you here.

In the end, 50M or whatever we get is a lot better than 0M next summer.

If he plays like he did last night I'd rather keep him and give him a big pay rise than spend 70m on Alisson. Never ever looked convincing for Brazil at the tournament. Hes a good keeper but 70m? Fuck off not a chance.

Think last night was just a little reminder for everybody how good Courtois can be in big games when he needs to be. Sure people will bring up the Barcelona game etc but hes a world class keeper without a shadow of a doubt and if it were up to me I'd be pushing the boat out to convince him to stay rather than pursue Alisson or Butland or whatever average player we will be linked with next. There are not many upgrades on Courtois out there. People talk about distribution, I'm more convinced of a goalkeeper by their actual ability to save shots first and foremost and Courtois is excellent at that, as well as collecting crosses and commanding his box. Hes also a proven winner, having 9 trophies at 26 years old. Sure hes a massive pain in the arse cause he speaks a lot but so does Hazard and so do many other players, not just here but all over Europe.

People keep bringing up Cech and how we let him go but we can't let sentiment cloud what turned out to be an excellent move, Cech was declining and still is. Courtois was arguably one of the best keepers in the world while at Atletico and still is now. Sure Cech was a leader too and a huge cog in the recent history of Chelsea but so was Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Cole, Essien, Makalele etc and they all had to go at some point too.

If it were up to me I'd be focusing on trying to get him to renew along with Hazard when they come back from the world cup, rather than looking for lesser replacements at huge costs. Quality not quantity is going to improve our squad and keeping arguably one of the best GKs in the world should be high up the list.  

🔥 , there is the offer for : Understanding already reached with the Belgian goalkeeper, only the yes of Chelsea is missing. Blues decisively on . And the can sink the blow for , allowing PSG. New weaving-goalkeepers in sight.

This sounds like it's got momentum now, replacing Courtois with Alisson is a huge plus IMO.

I'm not convinced it's a plus strictly from an on-field point of view.  But, swapping out a keeper that wants to leave who's out of contract next year and worth quite a bit with a keeper of anywhere near the same standard (if not better as people say) with 5 years on their contract is a huge plus.

All players have their faults and weaknesses and we know Tibo has a couple.

And I know hes a whingeing git and I don't like the way he goes about club business. But I do think if we had entered it into his contract that his family were to join him in England it just MIGHT have made a big difference to him and how its made us feel about him

I dont mind if a player doesn't wamt to be here just as long as they play at their best while they are with us.

If he wants to go then we sell him for as much as we can ASAP and get as good a replacement as possible for him.