Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

6 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

In the minority here, but I’ve always been a supporter of Courtois. Man has been a fantastic GK for CFC. Just because he’s not a yer da ‘ blind loyalist shouldn’t lead to people acting like he wasn’t a Top GK for us. Let him go to Spain and be with his family, that's obviously at the heart of his refusal to extend his contract. 

People forget, but at the end, Cech was very shaky dealing with crosses, FKs & corners. TBO stepped in and showed A1 command of his penalty area. Admittedly, he hasn’t pulled off many “iconic” performances like Cech, DDG or even Atletico TBO, but he’s been solid nontheless. 

I have to even challenge that bit tbh, he's pulled off many, many great displays for us in big games. My Spurs supporting friend messaged me before that fateful match Easter weekend and said "game changer that Courtois's out, he's been the difference the last few times you've beat us".

He doesn't come across that likeable so i can get people not warming to him as a person, but some of the nonsense spouted about his ability is ridiculous, someone even said Nick Pope would be an upgrade :doh: 

There's a problem though. And that problem is Liverpool. 

They have been linked with Allison all season. They definitely will need to sign a GK. They seem to be interested in Courtois too. 

So basically, we have 3 teams in Real Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea looking for keepers. There seem to be 2 quality Keepers available in Courtois and Allison.

Problem is, no UCL for us and if our Board goes down doing deals like they did last summer (taking hell lot of time), we'll be in trouble. 

2 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

There's a problem though. And that problem is Liverpool. 

They have been linked with Allison all season. They definitely will need to sign a GK. They seem to be interested in Courtois too. 

So basically, we have 3 teams in Real Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea looking for keepers. There seem to be 2 quality Keepers available in Courtois and Allison.

Problem is, no UCL for us and if our Board goes down doing deals like they did last summer (taking hell lot of time), we'll be in trouble. 

Well right now APPARENTLY the bindipping piles of shite are SUPPOSEDLY looking at Tibo!!

Wouldn't that be a big difference to commuting to Spain to see the family he misses!!;

He's one of our bigger names that I wouldn't mind parting with, providing a good replacement is lined up beforehand. There certainly isn't a shortage right now.

Think we have all had enough of his media comments.

On 23/05/2018 at 7:04 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Madrid is a lot closer to Paris than it is to London lets be realistic. Also in terms of a city I would rather live in Paris than London myself as well. I can see why players would rather live in London than Manchester or Liverpool but in terms to a Paris, Madrid, Milan etc not so sure it compares as well.

But I feel that the big issue for us is the uncertainties regarding managers every 2-3 years, he's talked about the club needing a big invest to match the Mancs and continuity in decisions regarding coaches and how to take the club forward and that does affect him staying massively I'd imagine and I think if the club had that in place it would maybe convince him and Eden more, although I do find it strange that Eden rejected an offer in December, so for me I feel hes more looking to pursue a move more aggressively than Courtois. Maybe Courtois rejected one as well I don't know, can't really remember but. 

Paris is super overrated... London is far better. 

9 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

He does get it right a lot of times. One of the most reliable jounos out there. Was the one to break Ancelotti to Napoli recently with photographic proofs.

As for Chelsea, he was the one who broke the Morata to Chelsea news last season. 

Here's the link. 

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/887637911897866240

I do hope that this once, he's wrong..

I can't remember the timeline of events but that tweet doesn't prove Di Marzio was the first to break the story. In any case, Di Marzio 'can be prone' to making stories up, especially at a time when transfer stories tend to get silly. I'll believe the story when the likes of Telegraph, Guardian, London Evening Standard report the same.

22 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Swap for Oblak and lets all move on. Alisson is a wonderful option but a sale then trying to buy him is a hassle. I don't even want any money, just a straight goalie swap.

Stupid comment 

a straight swap for Oblak is way too sensible

the man wants £275k  a week.. wants to be the highest paid GK of all time.. If he wants to hold us at ransom that he cant be replaced he can leave.. Oblak way to expensive to buy Alisson is a huge investment at his reported fee. Me personally i'm looking at Leno £22m would be right in our boards wheelhouse and hes a top quality keeper

1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

Swap for Oblak and lets all move on. Alisson is a wonderful option but a sale then trying to buy him is a hassle. I don't even want any money, just a straight goalie swap.

the question is do Atlético Rated Oblak better than courtios if that's the case I can see Atlético asking for money and courtios