Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is close to joining Paris Saint-Germain, according to Sky in Italy.

that rules out Courtois going to psg now 

Only for this summer. Buffon is a 1-2 year option at best for PSG, and they could move for Courtois next summer if he doesn't sign a contract and pay him mega money.

4 minutes ago, mccg said:

THIBAUT COURTOIS HAS HAD TALKS WITH PSG OVER A POTENTIAL SUMMER MOVE

https://readchelsea.com/2018/05/22/thibaut-courtois-has-had-talks-with-psg-over-a-potential-summer-move/

If sarri is to be our manager, and PSG/Madrid want to splash for Courtois I would personally drive him to the airport. He is a wonderful shot stopper but we could find a like for like replacement with 50-60% of the cash we received. Alisson & Oblak fit the bill and both seemingly are ready for greener($) pastures

3 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

If sarri is to be our manager, and PSG/Madrid want to splash for Courtois I would personally drive him to the airport. He is a wonderful shot stopper but we could find a like for like replacement with 50-60% of the cash we received. Alisson & Oblak fit the bill and both seemingly are ready for greener($) pastures

love to see the fuel bill coming from Canada lol 

16 hours ago, mccg said:

THIBAUT COURTOIS HAS HAD TALKS WITH PSG OVER A POTENTIAL SUMMER MOVE

https://readchelsea.com/2018/05/22/thibaut-courtois-has-had-talks-with-psg-over-a-potential-summer-move/

IF this is true then Tibo is just full of Bullshit.

From day 1 hes whined and moaned about family in Spain etc etc Missing them etc etc

So tell me how the fuck will him working in Paris be any the different? Its the same time to get there ny plane now.

10 hours ago, Unionjack said:

IF this is true then Tibo is just full of Bullshit.

From day 1 hes whined and moaned about family in Spain etc etc Missing them etc etc

So tell me how the fuck will him working in Paris be any the different? Its the same time to get there ny plane now.

Madrid is a lot closer to Paris than it is to London lets be realistic. Also in terms of a city I would rather live in Paris than London myself as well. I can see why players would rather live in London than Manchester or Liverpool but in terms to a Paris, Madrid, Milan etc not so sure it compares as well.

But I feel that the big issue for us is the uncertainties regarding managers every 2-3 years, he's talked about the club needing a big invest to match the Mancs and continuity in decisions regarding coaches and how to take the club forward and that does affect him staying massively I'd imagine and I think if the club had that in place it would maybe convince him and Eden more, although I do find it strange that Eden rejected an offer in December, so for me I feel hes more looking to pursue a move more aggressively than Courtois. Maybe Courtois rejected one as well I don't know, can't really remember but. 

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Madrid is a lot closer to Paris than it is to London lets be realistic. Also in terms of a city I would rather live in Paris than London myself as well. I can see why players would rather live in London than Manchester or Liverpool but in terms to a Paris, Madrid, Milan etc not so sure it compares as well.

Clutching at straws here pal.. i'm sure an extra 15/20 mins flights is'nt what he wants, if he wants to be by his family he'll move to Madrid and be with them rather than take a flights once a week/fortnight.

feels like the PSG talk is just rumours i can only see him going back to one of the Madrid teams if he leaves - can't begrudge him that but personally i really hope he stays  

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/chelsea-rottura-con-courtois-real-e-liverpool-sul-belga

This is bad news.

Article says we're looking at the possibilities of selling him since the contract talks have broken down. Allison is our primary target.

Edited by AK-3001

Can we really see the club letting him go into a new season that will be his last on contract finishing june 2019 and letting him swan off on a freebie? Whn we are supposedly argueing about paying £4mill for a new manager???

Roman would rather break his legs and claim the insurance!

The club ashould be giving him an ultimatum. Sigm now or fuck off.

14 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/chelsea-rottura-con-courtois-real-e-liverpool-sul-belga

This is bad news.

Article says we're looking at the possibilities of selling him since the contract talks have broken down. Allison is our primary target.

When was the last time Di Marzio got something right?

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

When was the last time Di Marzio got something right?

He does get it right a lot of times. One of the most reliable jounos out there. Was the one to break Ancelotti to Napoli recently with photographic proofs.

As for Chelsea, he was the one who broke the Morata to Chelsea news last season. 

Here's the link. 

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/887637911897866240

I do hope that this once, he's wrong..

10 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Can we really see the club letting him go into a new season that will be his last on contract finishing june 2019 and letting him swan off on a freebie? Whn we are supposedly argueing about paying £4mill for a new manager???

Roman would rather break his legs and claim the insurance!

The club ashould be giving him an ultimatum. Sigm now or fuck off.

True, don't want us to make the same mistake as Dortmund with Lewa or Arsenal with Sanchez and let him off for nothing or for nominal fees in January.

Just now, AK-3001 said:

True, don't want us to make the same mistake as Dortmund with Lewa or Arsenal with Sanchez and let him off for nothing or for nominal fees in January.

We let Petr go free because of his love and loyalty shown between us.

Theres not been that much or nowhere near the length of association.

The thing is WHO IN SPAIN wants him for the money WE think hes worth. And WHO do we get to fill his boots?

Lets hope its someone without the hole between his legs and he got a dad that keeps schtum.

Just now, Unionjack said:

We let Petr go free because of his love and loyalty shown between us.

Theres not been that much or nowhere near the length of association.

The thing is WHO IN SPAIN wants him for the money WE think hes worth. And WHO do we get to fill his boots?

Lets hope its someone without the hole between his legs and he got a dad that keeps schtum.

Looks like our primary target is Allison. Has had a wonderful season at Roma and is preferred over Ederson for Brazil by Tite. 

He's worth around 70-80 million pounds for me at least. But with only one year left in his contract, his value is going to take a major hit. We should expect something around 55-60 million pounds at this moment (considering we sell him in summer)

21 minutes ago, iceboy said:

We sold our legend for him. Get out u dickhead.

And rightly so, 4 years of Courtois still beats 4 years of this version of Cech. We didn't choose Tibo because he was younger, we choose him cause he was better. 

In the minority here, but I’ve always been a supporter of Courtois. Man has been a fantastic GK for CFC. Just because he’s not a yer da ‘ blind loyalist shouldn’t lead to people acting like he wasn’t a Top GK for us. Let him go to Spain and be with his family, that's obviously at the heart of his refusal to extend his contract. 

People forget, but at the end, Cech was very shaky dealing with crosses, FKs & corners. TBO stepped in and showed A1 command of his penalty area. Admittedly, he hasn’t pulled off many “iconic” performances like Cech, DDG or even Atletico TBO, but he’s been solid nontheless.