Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

39 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The logical thing to do once they are starting to show decline is replace them before the rot sets, especially if you have a ready made replacement on the books already. We ignored the warning signs with old guard (that were visible as early as 2008) and they all turned shit all together at once and it took years to fully recover, you could argue we still haven't.

Agree. And we are still paying for it.

But I think Roman enjoyed that time so much and he made friends and connection. Plus liked that we had a team with big strong lads and a big English presence (that I read he wants to replicate). But we cant have a different contract for each over 30. If we give 1 a yearly renewable we should with them all. Even tho some are much fitter than others. We should just scrub that ridiculous outdated practice. Specially when team Drs and Physios are so expert now.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Not sure why Real would want him anyway. Navas has been great for them, at least in the CL games I've seen him in he's always delivered. Has he been shit in the league? PSG seems a more realistic destination for him, besides they actually need a better goalkeeper than they currently have. It's one of the missing ingredients for them and it makes sense for them to be looking at Tibo.

Would be funny to see him "take on" the big egos in that PSG dressing room. And if he does go to PSG, then it really makes him a twat after all those comments about missing his family back in Spain.

19 hours ago, manpe said:

Not sure why Real would want him anyway. Navas has been great for them, at least in the CL games I've seen him in he's always delivered. Has he been shit in the league? PSG seems a more realistic destination for him, besides they actually need a better goalkeeper than they currently have. It's one of the missing ingredients for them and it makes sense for them to be looking at Tibo.

But... But... His family!!!!!!!

How would it be any easier for him in Paris?

Old boys done OK sometimes tho

Sell him this summer. 

That way we get cash and there are two top keepers that we could get in Alisson and Oblak. 

Jus dont wait to let him go next year for free and possibility on missing quality replacement in either Alisson or Oblak.

Im done listening to his bs and he isnt even world class GK, one good performance in 5 decisive matches isnt good enough.

33 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

Great game from him today, saved us a few times.

When he plays like that he’s great, like a lot of the guys he’s struggled for consistency this season but if we can get him to resign we should. Not a fan of the media circus always surrounding/mentioning him but you can’t say he is not a top class goalkeeper because he is. He’s only like 25 as well. 

I hope he sorts  himself out in the next couple of weeks one way or another.

IF he doesn't sign his renewal he can fuck off on a free end of next season. Which gives us 2 windows to get rid of him and line up a new keeper.

Nobody really wants him to go but hes pissing me off TBH.

• 2 weeks later...

Get him on a new deal. Shown in games in the last while the keeper he truly is, I think if he was tied down to a longer deal he wouldn't be so open to considering a move in all fairness. Way he commands his box is world class for me, not many better at it than him. Every United cross and corner that came near him he was very authoritative and claimed it 9/10 times. Some impressive stops too, people who said he is average should seriously have a word with themselves, even for poor performances and talking of moving its obvious he is much better than average. I think next season, if him and Eden stay they will be much more motivated and play a lot lot better than this year. Even this season his performances were nowhere near as bad as that season under Jose.

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Get him on a new deal. Shown in games in the last while the keeper he truly is, I think if he was tied down to a longer deal he wouldn't be so open to considering a move in all fairness. Way he commands his box is world class for me, not many better at it than him. Every United cross and corner that came near him he was very authoritative and claimed it 9/10 times. Some impressive stops too, people who said he is average should seriously have a word with themselves, even for poor performances and talking of moving its obvious he is much better than average. I think next season, if him and Eden stay they will be much more motivated and play a lot lot better than this year. Even this season his performances were nowhere near as bad as that season under Jose.

Down to him mate. But the longer he holds off from signing hes fucking us up.Theres not a chance in hell Roman letting him see the season out and going buckshee.