Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Is it a thing with Belgian players Dads to get verbal diarrhoea?

all this stuff about courtios dad has me starting to made me think that it was Courtois dad was feeding the media stories about our players being unhappy at Chelsea under Mourinho 

3 hours ago, the wes said:

all this stuff about courtios dad has me starting to made me think that it was Courtois dad was feeding the media stories about our players being unhappy at Chelsea under Mourinho 

I wouldn't doubt anything about him. Him and Edens dad are just like those young actresses mums at stage school doing anything they can to further their kids careers I suppose. But mate just imagine how you would feel if your dad had spread a load of shit about where you worked no matter where it was. Now multiply that by 100 and as a millionair footballer in the public eye 24/7 you would turn around and say just give it a rest dad!!

Are troubles seeking Courtois or is Courtois seeking troubles all the time? Selling the team tactics to journalists is snake behaviour. It's the same like fucking your team mates girlfriend, like bitching about the coach in public, or like constantly whining in the media you want to leave your team. I can't see him do those kind of things...

Chelsea star begins 'defamation' proceedings against former Belgium head coach Marc Wilmots

The former Belgium manager made some accusations about the goalkeeper's father

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/courtois-wilmots-belgium-chelsea-defamation-14573827

6 minutes ago, the wes said:

I think we should sue him for that big hole between his legs that lets balls thru! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

According to this source courtios wants to see out his Chelsea contract and go to Real on a free I would let this clown rot in reserves next season 

http://sportwitness.co.uk/spain-star-tells-chelsea-hes-willing-play-next-season-theres-catch/

Hes becoming a pain in the arse. Another position we meed to look at.

There are some people no matter how talented they are you just can't warm to Courtois is definitely one of those. There's something about him it's probably the self importance and smugness he radiates. Good keeper yes great ? I have my doubts.

The fact that we let Cech go to let him in annoys me. Not that Cech has maintained his form, but after Cech being so loyal it makes me shake my head hearing Courtois wanting to leave. Saying that, if he has kids in Spain, not sure you can criticise him 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

According to this source courtios wants to see out his Chelsea contract and go to Real on a free I would let this clown rot in reserves next season 

http://sportwitness.co.uk/spain-star-tells-chelsea-hes-willing-play-next-season-theres-catch/

To be fair, don't think the source that's quoted is the most reliable around.

That aside, I really do wonder if he'll actually do well in that Madrid side. I mean, if he's already not making saves on a consistent basis for us, then what makes Madrid they're going to do that for them when their defence tends to be exposed and is more vulnerable than ours? Also, is Keylor Navas really that bad? He's seemingly always done a good job them and yet, they are constantly talking about replacing him.

48 minutes ago, It's too big said:

The fact that we let Cech go to let him in annoys me. Not that Cech has maintained his form, but after Cech being so loyal it makes me shake my head hearing Courtois wanting to leave. Saying that, if he has kids in Spain, not sure you can criticise him 

Yes, we get that his family is in Spain and it's hard for him. If he's mentioned that only once in regards to his future, then I think the fans can understand his reason and wish him if/when he does leave. But the issue is, he has constantly talked about his future and always have an eye elsewhere. Each time, he's talked even more than the previous time about it and some times, the family thing doesn't even come to the equation, making it feel like he wants to move there because it's Madrid rather than anything else.

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

Cech was already past his best. It was the logical move. Time to get over it. 

16 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Cech was already past his best. It was the logical move. Time to get over it. 

But theres past his best and BAD! We got a few players past their best!

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Yes, we get that his family is in Spain and it's hard for him. If he's mentioned that only once in regards to his future, then I think the fans can understand his reason and wish him if/when he does leave. But the issue is, he has constantly talked about his future and always have an eye elsewhere. Each time, he's talked even more than the previous time about it and some times, the family thing doesn't even come to the equation, making it feel like he wants to move there because it's Madrid rather than anything else.

I also read some interview he did when they asked him about some rumour of him going to PSG which he replied anything is possible. Thats when I started thinking the family stuff was jusrt bollox.

I just hope hes as straight talking with the club as his dad is in the meedia.

Honestly I thank him for his service but if he wants to be like that we can make him second choice and bring in someone like Bernd Leno who is same age and very inexpensive option less than 30m.. there is also the obvious replacements in Alisson Becker and Jan Oblak , however these are considerably more expensive and a lot more difficult to pull off

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

But theres past his best and BAD! We got a few players past their best!

The logical thing to do once they are starting to show decline is replace them before the rot sets, especially if you have a ready made replacement on the books already. We ignored the warning signs with old guard (that were visible as early as 2008) and they all turned shit all together at once and it took years to fully recover, you could argue we still haven't.

Not sure why Real would want him anyway. Navas has been great for them, at least in the CL games I've seen him in he's always delivered. Has he been shit in the league? PSG seems a more realistic destination for him, besides they actually need a better goalkeeper than they currently have. It's one of the missing ingredients for them and it makes sense for them to be looking at Tibo.