Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

On 01/02/2018 at 3:40 PM, Special Juan said:

Don't need to buy one, we have a better shot stopper on the bench.

I don't know Willy makes me nervous when he steps on the pitch, he's pretty capable of making a mockery of himself.

I don't know Willy makes me nervous when he steps on the pitch, he's pretty capable of making a mockery of himself.
I believe his performances have shown him to be the better of the two this season. I'd be calling for him to start if his height wasn't an issue.

35 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
3 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

I believe his performances have shown him to be the better of the two this season. I'd be calling for him to start if his height wasn't an issue.

How so? The way we deal with corners and set pieces under Courtois is night and day, Willy causes panic. He has been a decent number 2 but we would quickly get sick off him as a number 1. 

How so? The way we deal with corners and set pieces under Courtois is night and day, Willy causes panic. He has been a decent number 2 but we would quickly get sick off him as a number 1. 
That's exactly why I mentioned his height.

Thibo's only game of note was the 2-2 draw against Arsenal. He could be held accountable for almost half of the goals we've conceded in our last two games alone.

Restart the season with Caballero as number 1 instead, and i doubt there's any more than 3 extra goals conceded by this point - with the added bonus that the player isn't a cock.

But he's a willy.

41 minutes ago, Leif said:
It's important to remember we jerked around a great, proven member of staff because of him.

You talking about Cech? Even if Courtois left a year after he did we made the correct decision, Petr is a legend but was well well past his best.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You talking about Cech? Even if Courtois left a year after he did we made the correct decision, Petr is a legend but was well well past his best.

I think he means the goalkeeper COACH which we changed to accomodate Tibo.

Real Madrid prepared to pay £100m or offer players as they see Thibaut Courtois more likely than David De Gea

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-chelsea-real-madrid-transfer-news-david-de-gea-courtois-latest-a8202606.html

On 2/7/2018 at 4:31 AM, BlueLyon said:

Mate this is not how football works.

We would not only lose by far our best player but change 3/4 of first 11? Its has disaster written all over it.

What we have to do is tie our best players to long term contracts and buy 3 world class players so we can play 4:3:3

I agree about Pedro and Luiz maybe. But first we need to get 3 quality players in midfield, wings and wingback positions

Hmmmm but 3 world class players?

The Boss if the blurb on here is correct, wanted Bonucci, Sandro, Van Dijk, and Sanchez.

And look who Marina got him, he asked for cream and got skimmed milk.

1 hour ago, kobematabryant said:

What is up with all these uneducated footballers with having kids at a young early age? I understand having kids is a blessing but the fact that this guy is a single father to 2 kids at the age of 25, goes to tell you everything about his intelligence. 

Maybe it is simply the fact that they are pretty much set financially by 18. Even the successful college graduates make 100.000 a year by the time they graduate, these footballer make that in a week. 

12 hours ago, communicate said:

Maybe it is simply the fact that they are pretty much set financially by 18. Even the successful college graduates make 100.000 a year by the time they graduate, these footballer make that in a week. 

Nope you got the wrong idea. Actors, models, singers, golfers, tennis players, rugby players, cricketers, f1 drivers, cricketers, basketballers, nfl players, hockey players, etc, are all pretty much set financially by the age of 18, but you wouldn't see them having kids in their teenage/early 20s. Football/soccer players are mostly uneducated/uncultured in Europe, hence you see a lot of stories like Courtois. You will see all the top football/soccer players had kids in their teenage/early 20s, and that's nothing to do with their financial situation. 

19 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

Nope you got the wrong idea. Actors, models, singers, golfers, tennis players, rugby players, cricketers, f1 drivers, cricketers, basketballers, nfl players, hockey players, etc, are all pretty much set financially by the age of 18, but you wouldn't see them having kids in their teenage/early 20s. Football/soccer players are mostly uneducated/uncultured in Europe, hence you see a lot of stories like Courtois. You will see all the top football/soccer players had kids in their teenage/early 20s, and that's nothing to do with their financial situation. 

NFL players definitely have kids at an early age. Watch any senior night for college games here. You will often see the players with their kids on the field.

They have kids early because women view them, rightfully so in most cases, as a way out of their own situation. You get pregnant by an athlete early, you are set financially down the road.

39 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

NFL players definitely have kids at an early age. Watch any senior night for college games here. You will often see the players with their kids on the field.

They have kids early because women view them, rightfully so in most cases, as a way out of their own situation. You get pregnant by an athlete early, you are set financially down the road.

Yes that's true for African American athletes, but not true at all, for White American athletes. Just look at Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, Peyton Manning, Aaaron Rodgers, Gronkowski, Ammendola, Foles, Matt Ryan, all of them had kids once they were around 29/30, or some even haven't had any.