Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

I have three close Arsenal supporting mates, all of which think Cech is well past it and should be dropped for Ospina, just saying!!

There's probably also at least 3 Chelsea fans in the world who would want Courtois dropped for Begovic permanently. What does that tell us Tomo? :Goober:

On 13 September 2016 at 2:15 PM, BlueLyon said:

Tibo never actualy proved that he is better than Cech. He just put ultimatum to club either to play in first 11 or leave for atletico. 

The boy has damn lot to prove, he has quality, but his confidence is low and his head not focused. 

When we had Cech, you knew he will be reliable, with Tibo, you cant tell.

I think Thibaut proved he was better than Cech when he was playing for Atletico Madrid, having outstanding games in the spanish cup final against Real Madrid and also various champions league games in their run up to the CL final in 2014 or whenever it was where he made a huge contribution. 

Regarding his contract situation and these quotes about returning to Spain, we finished outside the top 4 last season, have no champions league.... he considered leaving this season and if we don't do well in the league again the likes of himself and many players (Hazard, Costa, Cesc, Matic) will also be in the same boat.

Incredibly worrying that he seems to declining rather than improving as you would hope a keeper his age would be. I get that it's normal for a player his age to go through periods of bad from but this dip in form seems to be stretching indefinitely.

Also, is it me or does he look unhappy?

55 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Incredibly worrying that he seems to declining rather than improving as you would hope a keeper his age would be. I get that it's normal for a player his age to go through periods of bad from but this dip in form seems to be stretching indefinitely.

Also, is it me or does he look unhappy?

The last bit....I said it to my lad at the weekend.

10 hours ago, Amblève. said:

There's probably also at least 3 Chelsea fans in the world who would want Courtois dropped for Begovic permanently. What does that tell us Tomo? :Goober:

Haha very true, but it also shows we didnt let go such an infallible keeper like some suggest every time Tibo messes up and in all likelihood if we choose Cech this thread would be hitting Kevin De Bruyne levels of regret by now.

I hope you guys realize that when he leaves us for another club, with something that you can actually call a defense in front of him, he will continue his form as 'one of the best GK's in the world'! There is absolutely no doubt about that!

He looked amazing at Genk, outstanding in Madrid, is ultra solid for our Belgian National Team... and very very very average with us here at Chelsea. 

You do the math!

ps: yeah I agree he talks a lot. He's also one of the only ones to do this in our national team af well. At one end... this is rather irritating, at the other end: at least he's honest and you know what's going on behind closed doors.

Oh, Thibaut. I like players who actually have something to say and aren't afraid to speak their mind but this is just being stupid. Saying something like that, especially with that mug, people no go likie. And who says that in this kind of form?

But this is also on Chelsea. Keep the man away from the press. He'll loose the support of fans and that doesn't help the team at all.

I can definitely understand his reasoning for wanting to go back to Spain. But he should be careful what he wishes for as there's a strong chance the top sides won't want him.

Barca won't get him, wrong type of GK. Real has a fantastic GK in Navas and I can only imagine them replacing him with the Madrid-born Spaniard De Gea. I'd happily take Oblak if Atletico wanted Courtois back.

1 hour ago, Atholy said:

I hope you guys realize that when he leaves us for another club, with something that you can actually call a defense in front of him, he will continue his form as 'one of the best GK's in the world'! There is absolutely no doubt about that!

Getting clean sheets is easy when your opponent has 0.4 shots on target per game on average.

The big thing is he's simply not likable, and not in a sense that its created by the media. With guys like Ash,Didier, and Terry they were all likable no matter what the media try to say about them. Courtois isnt. Good thing is his job doesnt require him to be.

That said I wouldnt play him tonight...

Nothing wrong with what he said. 

He said the truth, he liked Madrid better then here and who wouldn't. 

He said that in his final year of his contract he will asses his future. 

So nothing about leaving as a player, without a doubt after he's done with futbol he will return and retire there. That is the vibe I'm getting from those comments. 

lol would Real actually want him though? he's a good keeper but IMO not out of this world. He's clumsy, slow, atrocious with the ball at his feet and hasnt got the ability to be able to play out from the back. He's the definitely the opposite of a modern day GK. Look at Atletico Madrid, they managed to replace him with a better keeper (Who's actually younger, may i add) in Oblak. 

Also he has to be one the most disliked Chelsea players ever, havent warmed to him at all.