test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

7,944 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

And a triple save against Bayern Munich is better than a hat-trick against MK Dons. What's your point?

The way you stated your initial post it sounded like an absolute. Which I've proved isn't the case.

19 hours ago, BlueLion said:

And as a GK coach I'll tell you a triple save of any variety is a bigger achievement than a striker bagging a hat-trick...

I don't agree. 

I am not saying that what Courtois did there is not something good, but it's not THAT good. It just proves that he has agility. But the saves themselves were not too spectacular, as the shots were really really poor.

Stats likes this

Actually he made a horrible mistake earlier in that match against Hull and we conceded. That triple save basically atoned him.

18 hours ago, Polo7 said:

The way you stated your initial post it sounded like an absolute. Which I've proved isn't the case.

It isn't an absolute. It's my opinion.

I can't be bothered going through all the technical details, but to get back into a set position to make a second and then a third save is mightily impressive - to then actually make those saves is outstanding. 

18 hours ago, Polo7 said:

One goal vs Barca is a bigger achievement than six against York, doesn't mean one goal is better than six in general.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

One goal vs Barca is a bigger achievement than six against York, doesn't mean one goal is better than six in general.

WTF? We were comparing a hattrick of goals to a hattrick of saves......

10 minutes ago, Last Sicarius said:

Did you see Belgium squad? That defence looks shit.

Hopefully he won't publicly state that he prefers one defence over another 

the wes likes this

4 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

None of the goals were his fault.

He actually made a couple of good saves.

3 out of the 4 defenders that started the game were squad players as Kompany, Vertonghen and Alderweireldt were all injured.

So stop being a bunch of whiny cunts.

But but but....he prefers to play with the Belgian defence, he didn't state which defenders. The only cunt is the one in goal for Chelsea and Belgian.

chelseafan26, the wes and Costa19 like this

11 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Lol this is what happens when you chat crap before a game. 

What , you play well and let in 2 difficult goals vs a strong opponent? Hardly a big deal , but the usual suspects are pouncing on anything

kiwi1691 likes this

Where is the stiff upper lip in the face of adversity? The club needs some brave English lions. :D