test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

7,943 posts in this topic

He has been prone to a mistake or few since his return. I would seriously think of bring Begovic back into the starting XI if things don't improve

Tibos major weakness was always his handling. He almost never catches a ball and often parries it back into the danger area. Really should do better with such soft headers from far out. But Azpi, who has endured some torrid 2weeks, might have been a bit closer to Borini, even though that is a bit harsh.

BlueLion. likes this

He has been prone to a mistake or few since his return. I would seriously think of bring Begovic back into the starting XI if things don't improve

Against Bournemouth it was clearly a fault against the goalkeeper, you can't push the goalkeeper in his own area. And the goal today his view was blocked, getting a hand at the ball was the max he could do for me. Don't forget to mention he also has done some miraculous saves in his first games already.

Special likes this

Against Bournemouth it was clearly a fault against the goalkeeper, you can't push the goalkeeper in his own area. And the goal today his view was blocked, getting a hand at the ball was the max he could do for me. Don't forget to mention he also has done some miraculous saves in his first games already.

He's been inconsistent IMO. It can be expected after being out for a period of time, so I hope they disappear from his game.

He needs to work at his footballing skills, but for a goalkeeper it is the part that is the least important. It is a hundred times worse if you are DDG and your footballing skills and reflexes are excellent, but you still need to work at all the other aspects of your game.

I do hope that he can train as a field player at least once a week from now on, it would be a shame if that never improved.

Truely extraordinary save again though that kept the clean sheet.

Special likes this

He needs to work at his footballing skills, but for a goalkeeper it is the part that is the least important. It is a hundred times worse if you are DDG and your footballing skills and reflexes are excellent, but you still need to work at all the other aspects of your game.

I do hope that he can train as a field player at least once a week from now on, it would be a shame if that never improved.

Truely extraordinary save again though that kept the clean sheet.

I fundamentally disagree. Putting my goalkeeper coaching hat on, I'll tell you footwork is the most important thing in a goalkeeper's repertoire considering 85% of what a goalkeeper does is to distribute the ball.

Agreed about his save, though. You can't coach that. Totally instinctive.

Blue_Fox_, Amblève., DYC. and 1 other like this

With that one save, compared to DDG's numerous, he showed why he's superior.

(I do rate DDG highly though!)

1. Neuer

2. Courtois

3. de Gea

4. Buffon

5. Cech

A clear top five. Several other outstanding good goalkeepers in Handanovic, Lloris, ter Stegen, Bravo, Navas, etc., but those five are world class.

SinineUltra and LDN Blue like this