Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

As it has been stated before me. The truth is Cech will be gone next season. The only way to make Courtois world class is to stick with him despite some errors. Valdes is judged to be high quality despite considerable flaws. The same with Neuer and alot of his stupid decisions.

You don't just become world class, you stay it by support of your fans/coach etc.

You can only become better when you make mistakes. So if you replace a player whenever they make a single mistake they loose confidence and you will go nowhere.

Courtois is world class already no?

Courtois is world class already no?

Courtois, De Gea and Neuer are the best. Even if De Gea is playing bad at the moment.

And about Courtois, did nothing wrong in my perspective with the last goal, just unlucky. And the dribbling mistake was a mistake, but it was more the mistake of Iva that has put him under a lot of pressure for no reason at all. If you look at De Gea at the moment, we can be very happy with the mistakes of Courtois.

If Courtois would let a ball in that was a 100% right at him at a slow pace, the forum would be all about this topic.

Courtois is the future, we made the decision and should stick to it!
Yeah Cech is solid, but Courtois is a modern-day keeper; his long balls are very precise and he loves to come off his line when required.
Cech is a legend, but his time is over, history repeats itself....

People still talking like we have Hilario on the bench and not one of the best goalkeepers on the planet. Courtois is playing because of the future, yes we know it now, it has been repeated enough.

Many of you will only appreciate Cech as much as he deserves when he's gone. I would be so happy if Courtois can become half a player to us the way Cech was.

If he wants to go to Arsenal I would have absolutely no problem with it, infact I'd wish him well over there. This season he showed what a man and a legend he is.

It should apply to every player.

I've said it before... He's made two mistakes - one which he massively redeemed himself for in the same game - you're being awfully ridiculous if you want to see him dropped for basically one bad performance.

As it has been stated before me. The truth is Cech will be gone next season. The only way to make Courtois world class is to stick with him despite some errors. Valdes is judged to be high quality despite considerable flaws. The same with Neuer and alot of his stupid decisions.

You don't just become world class, you stay it by support of your fans/coach etc.

You can only become better when you make mistakes. So if you replace a player whenever they make a single mistake they loose confidence and you will go nowhere.

²

This wasn't even a shocking mistake. Adams execution was absolutely perfect. Courtois' position wasn't bad either, anticipating through-balls from Stoke.

There's a big difference between making a shocking mistake and situations where maybe you should do better next time. For me, this wasn't a real mistake from Courtois, but together with the staff they will try to handle these situations better in the future. Maybe he should take a step back sooner when Stoke got the ball. It's up to the technical staff to analyse what is more important : anticipating long/through-balls or anticipating these kind of shots.

Dropping Courtois because of this goal would be a shame, it's nothing more then an opportunity to make him even better then he already is.

²

This wasn't even a shocking mistake. Adams execution was absolutely perfect. Courtois' position wasn't bad either, anticipating through-balls from Stoke.

There's a big difference between making a shocking mistake and situations where maybe you should do better next time. For me, this wasn't a real mistake from Courtois, but together with the staff they will try to handle these situations better in the future. Maybe he should take a step back sooner when Stoke got the ball. It's up to the technical staff to analyse what is more important : anticipating long/through-balls or anticipating these kind of shots.

Dropping Courtois because of this goal would be a shame, it's nothing more then an opportunity to make him even better then he already is.

Tibo's positioning was bad, if it hadn't been he would of saved it, it's that simple. Also, if his starting position is different then I bet my bottom dollar Adam does not take that shot on, because it's not actually on, to do so. Tibo could of dropped 5 yards back and still had a great starting position to anticipate a Stoke through ball, he didn't and we saw the outcome. This was a basic error on the part of our goalkeeper and he should not be dropped, but learn from it.

Tibo's positioning was bad, if it hadn't been he would of saved it, it's that simple. Also, if his starting position is different then I bet my bottom dollar Adam does not take that shot on, because it's not actually on, to do so. Tibo could of dropped 5 yards back and still had a great starting position to anticipate a Stoke through ball, he didn't and we saw the outcome. This was a basic error on the part of our goalkeeper and he should not be dropped, but learn from it.

Other goalkeepers say that his positioning was good, so I rather say unlucky. Adam has tried this shot more than a hundred times in his career, Carragher says. It is the first time he scored that way.

Both atletico and belgium's defensive tactics helps thibo look better, but he's still in the second tier of gks in my opinion.

First tier being neur by himself. Having said that Thibo is the present and the future and should stay like that.

Both atletico and belgium's defensive tactics helps thibo look better, but he's still in the second tier of gks in my opinion.

First tier being neur by himself. Having said that Thibo is the present and the future and should stay like that.

Lol, it is MUCH MUCH easier to look good with a shitty defense. De Gea wouldn't be rated that high if United had a good defense.

But the position he takes up in a situation where we are playing a high line is something that he surely has been told to do by one of the coaches, no? It wasn't the first time he has been that far out of goal and he continued to do it afterwards so if Mou has a problem with it, he would have adressed it sooner i imagine.

And Mourinho's comments afterwards were about the fact that he didn't read the situation well and didn't have the right reaction, not so much about the position he took up if i remember correctly

But the position he takes up in a situation where we are playing a high line is something that he surely has been told to do by one of the coaches, no? It wasn't the first time he has been that far out of goal and he continued to do it afterwards so if Mou has a problem with it, he would have adressed it sooner i imagine.

And Mourinho's comments afterwards were about the fact that he didn't read the situation well and didn't have the right reaction, not so much about the position he took up if i remember correctly

It only takes one time and we have seen the result, a goal!! I will say this and stand by it.....Adam was allowed to shoot because Tibo's positioning allowed him to do so, Adam said afterwards he had seen him do this before where he was a long way off his line. When I speak with the young goalkeepers I teach, we constantly speak about positions, starting positions and how we must always be aware of the unexpected. Obviously this is junior football but the amount of time I see keepers on the other team been beaten from miles out is crazy, and it all comes down to there starting position. Not once this season my keepers have beaten by a pot shot from miles out, because their starting position is always right. If the starting position is right you won't be beaten from there.

Please don't think I am vilifying Tibo here because I am not, he's been incredible for us but for me he got it wrong here and we got punished by Adam for it. It's all part of learning, and he is still learning despite being one of the best, and I bet good money it's been looked in the coming days.

I think you're wrong on that one :

Charlie Adams' long range efforts since 10/'11 (green = on target)
CB_Wy9HWIAAopsB.jpg
Jamie Carragher stated that Adam tried it all the time at Liverpool, even when the goalkeeper was almost standing on his line. :D

It only takes one time and we have seen the result, a goal!! I will say this and stand by it.....Adam was allowed to shoot because Tibo's positioning allowed him to do so, Adam said afterwards he had seen him do this before where he was a long way off his line. When I speak with the young goalkeepers I teach, we constantly speak about positions, starting positions and how we must always be aware of the unexpected. Obviously this is junior football but the amount of time I see keepers on the other team been beaten from miles out is crazy, and it all comes down to there starting position. Not once this season my keepers have beaten by a pot shot from miles out, because their starting position is always right. If the starting position is right you won't be beaten from there.

Please don't think I am vilifying Tibo here because I am not, he's been incredible for us but for me he got it wrong here and we got punished by Adam for it. It's all part of learning, and he is still learning despite being one of the best, and I bet good money it's been looked in the coming days.

Like I said, an opportunity for the technical staff to make TC even better. If TC has been too long off his line too much in previous games, surely the coaches would have pointed this out to him already. So I dare to say that his position was right 5 seconds before Adam's shot, but he could/should have repositioned sooner when Hazard lost the ball.