test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

7,944 posts in this topic

What a wonderful temperament he showed, I didn't think he would have started yesterday, but Mourinho put great faith in him and he repaid his manager in kind. Fantastic performance, well done Thibaut!

Not a word about Courtois being nominated for the PFA Player of the Year award? Strange (even though he's probably not going to win it). :carlo:

Not a word about Courtois being nominated for the PFA Player of the Year award? Strange (even though he's probably not going to win it). :carlo:

He won't win it. I'll be surprised if does, pleasantly surprised that is, but I can't see it.

Lollichon about Courtois:

"That Courtois would become the number one goalkeeper of Chelsea at a certain moment is no surprise at all. The first time I've seen Courtois, when he played at Genk, I could see that he had the talent to become a very good goalkeeper. You didn't have to be a wizard to see that. He showed a lot of maturity at such a young age, at Genk but especially at Atlético. His evolution even surprised me, first we had the intention of loaning him to another PL team, but eventually he came instantly to Chelsea."

"Since December 2013 he has evolved even more. He had to learn to estimate the space in the back of his defence more correctly, so he could be more available for a backward pass. I told him, if you come to Chelsea, you need to take an extra step in your evolution. He has done that very quickly. That was the thing that stroke us the most, that his adjustment time was a lot shorter than we expected."

bluesman2610 and Blue Armour like this

As much as I'm growing to love TBO, I hope we can wrap the title up soon to give Lord Petr a shot at the PL clean sheets record :(

I hope we become champion asap too. So we can see Cech, Musonda, Boga, Cheek, Solanke getting time. Although you never know with Mou and youth players :ph34r:

As much as I'm growing to love TBO, I hope we can wrap the title up soon to give Lord Petr a shot at the PL clean sheets record :(

How many does he need?

Never worried about oposition corners when Tibo is in goal. King in the air!

Agree with the above tho, shame Cech probably wont get his record. :(

Guy has no fucking clue how to play the ball with his feet, does he? Neuer and even De Gea are Ronaldinho compared to him in that regard.

Bosnian Blue likes this

Guy has no fucking clue how to play the ball with his feet, does he? Neuer and even De Gea are Ronaldinho compared to him in that regard.

If you see DDG play the last 2 months, I'm very glad we have Thibaut. Weak game again today by him. Neuer also has had some bad games the last months. Courtois is the best goalkeeper at this very moment for sure.

If you see DDG play the last 2 months, I'm very glad we have Thibaut. Weak game again today by him. Neuer also has had some bad games the last months. Courtois is the best goalkeeper at this very moment for sure.

Is Courtois fucking Kim Jong-un? Can't I criticize anything about him without having people on my back about things that nothing to do with what I said?

Bosnian Blue likes this

He looked in complete control with his feet yesterday, no idea why anyone is complaining. There was one breakdown in communication between him and Ivo that nearly sent me into cardiac arrest, but other than that he was quite sensible with what he did.

My gripe was that ridiculous slap straight to the feet of Mertesacker, there was no way on this earth he was going to get through that crowd of players. Joe Hart did that twice on Saturday and it gave Villa two goals, which I absolutely slaughtered him for. Mertesacker should have hit the target at least. Lucky escape.

Jason and CFC888 like this