Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Nice piece of an interview with Courtois.

When Courtois was 11 years old he wanted to quit playing football completely and go play volleyball like the rest of his family. But when he wanted to go play volleyball, they said that the season had begon already and that he was too late to subscribe. So to continue to do something of a sport, he subscribed himself back in a football team.

When he was 18, Genk had chosen for Casteels (now keeper of Hoffenheim), for the vacant goalkeeper space in the first team. Courtois was somewhere between the first team and the reserve squad and Genk didn't have a real plan with him and he had the feeling that nobody in the club counted on him anymore. So he had no motivation to train well, he stopped learning for school, hang out with some wrong friends and planned to quit playing football completely again.

But eventually, when he had to do his year over in school. He made a click and trained his ass off with Jos Beckx (youth teams goalkeeper coach) and Guy Martens (first team goalkeeper coach) for 6 months in a row and his professional football career got launched very quickly.

Thibaut got chosen as the second best goalkeeper in the world in 2014 by the IFFHS. I think it's a bit odd that DDG hasn't got any votes at all. Surely, he is not at the level of Courtois, but he is better than some of the goalkeepers in that list. It also has to be said that it is a German organisation, so maybe the gap (216 points, 96 points) could have been smaller in an international organisation.

http://www.iffhs.de/the-worlds-best-goalkeeper-2014/

Thibaut got chosen as the second best goalkeeper in the world in 2014 by the IFFHS. I think it's a bit odd that DDG hasn't got any votes at all. Surely, he is not at the level of Courtois, but he is better than some of the goalkeepers in that list. It also has to be said that it is a German organisation, so maybe the gap (216 points, 96 points) could have been smaller in an international organisation.

http://www.iffhs.de/the-worlds-best-goalkeeper-2014/

ROMERO ABOVE CECH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The FIFPro World XI has been anounced before the Ballon D'Or. Neuer was chosen as the goalkeeper of the first team, Courtois was chosen as the goalkeeper of the reserves. So in every important competition, Neuer has been chosen as the best goalkeeper of 2014 and Courtois has been chosen as the second best goalkeeper. In the coming years, there will be great battles between Neuer, Courtois and DDG. Although DDG still has to do more to prove he is there to stay, but I'm sure he will do that.

I laugh every time someone mentions De Gea in the same breath as Neuer, Courtois, Cech and Buffon.

Ok, he doesn't play at a super high level for a very long time, so he has to continue play like this the coming years. But if he does I think he is a great number 3 behind Neuer and Courtois. DDG is more a shotstopper than a modern goalkeeper, so he isn't at the level of the first two indeed. I can agree with that.

Ok, he doesn't play at a super high level for a very long time, so he has to continue play like this the coming years. But if he does I think he is a great number 3 behind Neuer and Courtois. DDG is more a shotstopper than a modern goalkeeper, so he isn't at the level of the first two indeed. I can agree with that.

Think he needs to work quite a lot on his technique and consistency to be up there with the world class keepers. But football fans memory only stretches back to 2-3 matches ago.

Think he needs to work quite a lot on his technique and consistency to be up there with the world class keepers. But football fans memory only stretches back to 2-3 matches ago.

They even don't remember anything. They see 5 goals against Chelsea on their sportssite and say that Courtois can't be world class, and was overrated all the time.

Btw, playing when his father was in life danger and continuing games with pain what turns out to be a broken thumb. The lad is certainly mentally harder than DDG too.

Exactly, all of a sudden Courtois and shit and Cech is world-class.

Whilst the latter is true, Courtois is just as good and should be number 1.

I just think Chelsea fans would like Petr to reach 500 games, and break the PL clean sheets record. But only the former looks possible.

As great he is, there will be only one Pete.

Im still unsure if Courtois is actualy the better of the two atm. I think Cech despite age can pull more of those unbelievable saves and rescues our team when everyone else is playing shit.

Im still unsure if Courtois is actualy the better of the two atm. I think Cech despite age can pull more of those unbelievable saves and rescues our team when everyone else is playing shit.

Pete would also have conceded 5 goals in that game, get over it. Cech is Cech and Courtois is Courtois, both are among the very best in the world. If rotating goalkeepers ever had succeeded, I would do it. But it has failed every time and everywhere. So when Courtois is fully recovered, he should be back in the goal.

If goalkeepers were judged on the amount of "for the camera" saves they make, then Shay Given would be the best keeper in football history.

Im not saying Cech isn't world class, just trying to say making spectacular saves is only a fraction of what makes a good keeper and he shouldn't be judged better than Tibo on that alone