test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rubber bullets

Drogba or Torres

Started by Rubber bullets,

Who should be first choice?   64 members have voted

1. 1. Drogba or Torres

• Drogba
    • Torres
    • Both can partner upfront

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

85 posts in this topic

I'd leave it for AVB to decide, he's the only one who knows how his team is going to play and who will suit the team more. It's a decision I'm willing to back him on.

I want Drogba to stay for a couple reasons.

First of all, I really don't think too much change over a short period of time will help the team. Assuming that Anelka and Malouda will leave, if we let Drogba go as well, then we'll have three new (or fairly new) faces up front, and that's no good, especially since pre-season starts in less than a week, and we don't even know whom we'll sign or if we will sign anyone at all.

Secondly, I am still uncertain about Torres like everyone else here. He still has a lot to prove, and there is too much risk involved in going with Torres only. Besides, Torres is highly prone to injury, so you never know.

So, I think we should keep Drogba for one more season, and preferably, he'll leave next summer. I think that's the best decision for the team and hopefully for Drogba as well.

But if we're going to keep him, we'll have to play him often. He's not gonna be happy if he sits out most of the time, and the last thing we need is an angry Drogs. So ideally, we should find a way to play both of them together. Drogba worked it out with Anelka, so I don't see why he can't do the same with Torres.

If it doesn't work, however, we should focus on Torres. No matter what people think of him, the club won't let go of him that easily even if he's going downhill from here. He cost Roman £50m, and that should tell you that we're stuck with him whether we like him or not. So yeah, keep both of them, and we'll gradually work towards building the team around Torres.

I know it nearly has to be one or the other and we have spent all this money on Torres but I can't just be like oh thanks Drogba see ya! If Chelsea are losing a match I always feel better when hes on the pitch! Hes a legend, I would love it if AVB could make them play together! Even though I've been obsessed with Torres for years....I still don't think I'd pick him over Drogba. I'd be really sad to see him leave.

When we bought Torres, Drogba had to go. Simple as that...

I'd agree. But since we have, pure, young, centre forward as back up.. I'd say we might as well let him see out his contract here.

8 guys said both can play together.

Hopeless people.

9 guys ( Boas) :readthemessage:

After playing Torres and Drogba separately, questions soon arose as to

whether Villas-Boas believes the two strikers can play alongside one

another.

'I see no problem,' he said. 'If players of this dimension cannot play alongside each other then something would be wrong.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2394447,00.html

I would gladly trade both strikers for Aguero right now. Premiership and competitions in general is becoming increasingly competitive and for a club with our level of ambition to remain competitive, a potent striking unit that can score goals at will is key. Drogba is too old and has lost the edge while Torres just simply looks off the pace.

I would gladly trade both strikers for Aguero right now. Premiership and competitions in general is becoming increasingly competitive and for a club with our level of ambition to remain competitive, a potent striking unit that can score goals at will is key. Drogba is too old and has lost the edge while Torres just simply looks off the pace.

But not many strikers just "score goals at will", do they? Service is key. And our midfield provides anything but.

Rambo and Tomo like this

9 guys ( Boas) :readthemessage:

After playing Torres and Drogba separately, questions soon arose as to

whether Villas-Boas believes the two strikers can play alongside one

another.

'I see no problem,' he said. 'If players of this dimension cannot play alongside each other then something would be wrong.

http://www.chelseafc...2394447,00.html

Boas is a smart guy. He wont say even before the first league game that Torres and Drogba wont play together.

Im pretty sure he wont use both together, and for his first two games its pretty clear that he doesn't intend to do so.

dodojojo likes this

Boas is a smart guy. He wont say even before the first league game that Torres and Drogba wont play together.

Im pretty sure he wont use both together, and for his first two games its pretty clear that he doesn't intend to do so.

Im thiking that we are going down the line of Drogba/Crespo one or the other like 05/06 assuming Aguero or Falcoa (if we meet his realease clause he could still come) don't arrive.

Im thiking that we are going down the line of Drogba/Crespo one or the other like 05/06 assuming Aguero or Falcoa (if we meet his realease clause he could still come) don't arrive.

Actually I believe that Drogba is now a squad player. I think he will be happy with that, because he probably had some discussions with the Board and the guys said that if he wanted to stay, he should accept that Torres is the real deal right now.

Torres + Aguero would be the best for us in next season.

BLionheart likes this

I watched both and neither wowed me today. That said not too many players out there today wowed me tbh with the exception of Yossi. I'm not going to panic yet. Let's see what they look like in a game or two.

Actually I believe that Drogba is now a squad player. I think he will be happy with that, because he probably had some discussions with the Board and the guys said that if he wanted to stay, he should accept that Torres is the real deal right now.

Torres + Aguero would be the best for us in next season.

Modric and Aguero in would be a dream. I won't hold my breath...If you're going to pair Torres up with someone, it has to be a second/creative striker or a very forward CM which was how Gerrard played with Fernando. Aguero makes more sense than Falcao. A lineup of Torres, Aguero, Yossi and Modric and everyone else will have to defend. Or Chelsea can forget about defending and It'll just be basketball scores. :getin:

I don't see the point of pairing Torres up with another out and out striker.

I agree AVB is being very diplomatic right now. I can't see him trying to square holes this season. He'll probably rotate the two.

True...and if I remember correctly he also said making the combination of Torres and Drogba work is a headache best saved for later..

His current objective is to get the entire team ticking...once he does that, then he'll worry about keeping his strikers happy....