The PES Thread

chrismada9

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just played 2 games and then deleted the demo... It's still horrible, FIFA is so much better... Boring, boring, boring...

Fifa are so far ahead of PES it's ridiculous, I don't even know why anybody would play PES over Fifa. The gameplay is diabolical, the controls are clunky, the movement is blocky and there is barely any licensing at all. The commentary is annoying, the graphics make the players look like zombies, the game is cheap & tacky.

Makaveli works for PES, that could be the only explanation. Although I suppose some people just have blind brand loyalty, so they buy a specific product no matter what, sad really..

The thing i hate mainly about fifa is the crispness of the passing and the weakness of the through balls. They need to improve that. The passing on the PES13 demo is nice but the shooting and tackling is a bit shit.

The demo is pretty good, i'm pleasantly surprised. I played the 2012 demo last year and i thought it was shit, but this year it's much better... still not as good Fifa but it's getting there.

The manual passing on PES is great. I know you can do it on Fifa, but it's either one or the other (Assisted or Manuel) on this you use Assisted but you can press RT to pass it manually.

Yeah i agree, this demo is 100x better than last years. It's good to play. Pleasantly surprised too. If there are PES fans who genuinely liked the games from 08-12, they will love the 13 demo.

It's okay... although having 4 brazilian teams is a waste. Have 2 maybe, not who actually wants to play as them? >_>

Movement is STILL blocky, clunky, sluggish... I use the Xbox controller for PC and I had a hard time dribbling with Ashley Young on the wing...

Yeah yeah, noticed it later.

Played it...well I have to say it's nice. Best PES I played for some time, but I was really annoyed by 5min half length. Shooting is great and I really like the knuckle shoot. I actually reduced the difficulty a lot a few times just to have some fun shooting from distance :P Animations are much better then in previous PES and I like that you can now tackle when you want. I am yet to try out dribbling but it's pretty much the same thing with some new tricks. Passing and crossing feel very nice and now I am finally confident when I have a chance to shoot. They have also fixed finesse shot and GKs are really good and reliable. Player ID is a great feature, though I only noticed actual uniqueness on CR and Balotelli, but yes, players feel very different and I have to say, this is where PES beats FIFA.

Nice that they included 8 teams. In PES12 demo there were 4, and 2 of those were from Europe only.

Now the negative.

My players were getting trapped a lot in offsides, while the AI was fucking mental on counter attacks. When I increased the difficulty, whenever I would lose the ball I would almost crap my pants because the AI was starting a counter attack. It seems my defenders let the opposition on side on purpose so they could punish you. Seems like a cheap shot from KONAMI for the their well known cheating AI.

I'm not pleased with some movement and running in spaces also. Lots of times my player's idea and my idea weren't the same. Players tire out some easily also, like they are in preseason.

Now the key sentence, if you didn't like previous PES and preferred FIFA you won't like this one either. It's essentially fixed and polished PES12 with some new features, and that's the same EA will do for FIFA13.

I'm having high hopes for PES14 though because there are lots of rumors around that they are introducing a new engine and will try to make some radical changes.

If you're on PC, get this demo unlocker and don't even think about playing without it. I expect mods really soon that will put in more teams. Hopefully PES12 face modding tools will work on this year's PES which I believe will happen since the face rendering system is practically the same.

All in all, nice work KONAMI.

If you're on PC, get this demo unlocker and don't even think about playing without it. I expect mods really soon that will put in more teams. Hopefully PES12 face modding tools will work on this year's PES which I believe will happen since the face rendering system is practically the same.

I tried it but can't figure out how to use it. The instructions are confusing, how do you save your pes2013.exe? When I open the game I can't change the settings.

I tried it but can't figure out how to use it. The instructions are confusing, how do you save your pes2013.exe? When I open the game I can't change the settings.

Start the exe file you downloaded. Go to FILE>OPEN>find your PES13demo exe.

Edit what you like and push the SAVE button on the lower right corner of the program window.

That will save your changes into the pes13demo exe and you simply start the game the same as before.