The PES Thread

chrismada9

That's a strange argument. You're taking this way too seriously, evident by you trying to force your opinion with nonsensical arguments in a damn video game debate. So every Chelsea supporter must prefer FIFA, because EA is a sponsor of Chelsea and has license to use real player names and kits? If to follow that kind of logic, then we can't use technology from any other company but Samsung. Do you have any non-Samsung electronics in your home that you use? Also, you can't drive any other car but Audi, you must be a fan of Sauber if you follow F1, you can fly only with Delta Airlines, you must wear Adidas clothes religiously and drink only Singha Beer.

If you don't follow those commandments, you shall forever be an heretic.

Defining a fan by what products he/she uses/prefers is ridiculous. It's like defining an individual by the brands he/she wears.. something I despise about capitalistic society.

Actually now that I come to think of it, I have a Samsung monitor, a Samsung TV (piece of shit that doesn't work anymore) and a Samsung smartphone. I can afford one sin towards Chelsea EA.

Now, my point isn't that PES is the best and fuck the rest. I can't even compare these two because I haven't played FIFA in ages, my computer can't run the latest ones. I'm just trying to show how childish such disputes are. I guess you don't understand the meaning of 'preference' and 'taste'. I say coffee is better, you say tea is better - who wins? Especially you, TX, everytime you post about FIFA vs. PES it's like listening to religious propaganda that nobody cares about.

Instead of arguing the points about how superior the Fifa gameplay is, and like DDA has mentioned how 'smoother, more dynamic’ the game is..

Instead of arguing that, you've replied to (what was clearly) a tongue in cheek comment, putting your head in the sand (like all PES fanboys), by ignoring how inferior the gameplay is, and the overall gaming experience compared to Fifa.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Instead of arguing the points about how superior the Fifa gameplay is, and like DDA has mentioned how 'smoother, more dynamic’ the game is..

Instead of arguing that, you've replied to (what was clearly) a tongue in cheek comment, putting your head in the sand (like all PES fanboys), by ignoring how inferior the gameplay is, and the overall gaming experience compared to Fifa.

As I said, I'm not a PES fanboy, I don't fixate over video games that much to become a fan of something. I find the game irritating in recent years, and I can't compare it to FIFA because I haven't played it since I don't know when, hence why I quoted only the one sentence you posted which caught my eye, not about the technical aspects which I can't form an opinion on or confirm as fact. I would really like to because of the positive reviews, but my computer can't run it.

The point of my post was to highlight childish arguments, which reminds me of people trying to force their opinions onto others with ridiculous or highly subjective statements. I didn't know your post was sarcastic/tongue in cheek or whatever, since I'm used to seeing you being serious most of the time, but if you weren't, then you can write my response off as a misunderstanding, but still valid for any 'fanboy' who tries to post such arguments.

I was fifa from 98-2001 ish, i went to PES when PES 1 came out, completely different league to Fifa, the gameplay was brilliant. I went back to Fifa from FIFA 2009 when PES went to PS3 and got completely shit although it shoulda got better. It went from the shit to shit in 2008. I miss PES i must admit because now of 2012 both games are average but i had more fun on football games on PES 1-6 than i've ever had on any football game ever but they just completely ruined the fluidity and movement when it went to PS3. Fifa 12 (altho i am kind of addicted to it) is fucking automatic shit, the CPU pretty much does everything, there's not even any skill involved at all and most of it just seems like it's been determined already and fixed. I'm waiting for PES to go back to it's PS2 ways and i'll be back on that most likely.

I might try n get a cheap version of PES 2012 and see if i can enjoy it.

Look PES was King till PES7 which was SHIT!

From Fifa 09 onward, you cannot compare the two. FIFA OWNS PES now!

I mean just look at how rigid the movements are on PES. It's like playing a Sega Megadrive game with PS2 graphics.

Fifa is smoother, more dynamic, and just overall the more complete game!

End Of.

pes7 doesn't exist.

I think he means the shitty PES 2008, which came after the mighty PES 6.

They should revert back to single number version names. Ever since they introduced full year numbers, it started declining, although PES 2010 was decent.

pes7 doesn't exist.

I think he means the shitty PES 2008, which came after the mighty PES 6.

Yea i stopped playing at PES 6 I genuinely thought there was naturally a PES 7. I didn't realize they skipped a year but thanks for clearing that up lads!

pes-2014.gif

New game engine in PES 2014 !

According to Adam on WENB the next game PES 2014 will have a brand new engine designed for future consoles.

• Next year’s PES will be built on a new engine.
  • They will use Fox Engine.
  • The engine will be built for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, and be one that is scalable for future consoles.
  • Next year’s PES will include 3rd kits.
  • Next year’s PES will have an editable camera.
  • Next year’s PES will have snow.
  • Next year’s PES will have the option to edit every aspect of appearance, ie logos on shorts, socks…

Similarly to last year, Konami will release two versions for pes 2013 demo.

The first one will be released in the second half of July, and the other one will be out just before the game’s final release.

It's not that PES got shit since is went from 1,2,3,4 etc to 2008, 2009, 2010. PES simply went shit when it went to the next gen consoles. And what's that all about 2014 lol, so basically 2013 will be the same shit so buy Fifa 13 and come back in 2 years?

They didn't miss one anyway. PES 2008 was PES 7 in relation. Or you could say PES 6 was PES 2007.

Vid i made of the PES 2009 kits i made.

Just a shame the game was rubbish so went back to Fifa. PES 6 was epic.

PES 2013 will NOT be same as PES 2012. Trust me. And even if it was, I would still enjoy this game for one more year lol :) I just hope the same difficulty stays in 2013, or even lil more difficult.

From 1st demo the game looks decent. Great shooting, better keepers, game looks cool. This is going to be one-year drug till brand new PES 2014 hits the world. And at the same time, it is still difficult to quit playing PES 2012. Still have a lot of fun there. Konami is going right way.