Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Stamford Bridge thread

Followers 2

The idea of moving is to make more money so why would they reduce prices. What would be the point of making the same amount of by selling 55k seats at a reduced price when they can make the same money selling 44k at the current prices.

The example I provided was for a game.

Over a season we assume to have 30 home games.

42000 by 30 by 60$ each= 75.6m

60000 by 30 by 45$(I'm being generous) each = 81m

Add the naming rights for 15m and that's 21 million more a season.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi. Here is a first *rough* colour render. I've so many things to fix on this image, but thought I'd show you what progress has been made.

The design of the four new stands will take their inspiration not from the uniform style of most recent stadiums, but from the buttresses, pillars and gothic architecture of Westminster Abbey in whose

It'll be close to 65k. 2 Bridges, 1 to West Brompton and 1 to the back of Fulham Broadway. They will lower the ground. Wembley is looking the most likely temp ground.

Posted Images

There are millions of people who miss out on actually going, and their only experience of Chelsea FC is through millions of pixels on a TV screen. I think for those people its easy to make judgements.

I would prefer to stay at the bridge but I am more concerned about the Clubs future 15 yrs down the line.

You tell me how we can sustain with the Financial Fair Play rules coming up in few years. The rules states that your transfers should be funded by the money the club generates be it by sale of merchandise or gate receipts.

The fans don't want the club to raise the prices of the ticket.

The fans don't want the club to move.

The fans don't want the club to sell the naming rights.

How exactly do you think the club can be self sufficient and avoid the sanctions from FFP

The example I provided was for a game.

Over a season we assume to have 30 home games.

42000 by 30 by 60$ each= 75.6m

60000 by 30 by 45$(I'm being generous) each = 81m

Add the naming rights for 15m and that's 21 million more a season.

And a new stadium would cost how much?? Wembley was £800 million. I'm sure the club will want to get some of that money back.

People suggesting ticket prices would go down if we went to a new stadium are completely wrong. If anything they will go up.

There will be 101 ways round the Financial Fair Play rules, guaranteed. Some clubs will get away with it. and they're so fickle, it will have changed by then.

They have problems filling the stadium now, so a 60k seater would be no guarantee. As far as fair play revenue is concerned, that can be merchandise, individual broadcast rights, and as we've seen with Citeh their sponsorship. In an ideal world they will look at revenue as a whole so if they get in 20,000 more people who pay less for the tickets but they make up the revenue on beer etc then that can work, they should also consider that by having a price point which enables the younger generation in they will be guaranteeing attendances over time because the 17 year old who bounces behind the goal today may well turn into the grizzled middle aged boo-er who wants to sit on the half-way line in 40 years time. And it is important to get following football into people's veins if they want to keep a full stadium.

I just hope they take things like that into consideration, and dont see TV money as a never ending pot, and a substitute for proper fans/atmosphere. Like I said these things dont matter if you only watch on TV, so no problem

And a new stadium would cost how much?? Wembley was £800 million. I'm sure the club will want to get some of that money back.

Sure they do and that is why they are requesting the land from the CPO. They want the land so that they can build a residential or commercial complex and sell it. That helps fund the new stadium. Arsenal did the same with the land at Highbury and they broke even in no time and now are generating profit.

The arsenal stadium cost 380m from scratch We aren't building a 90k seater like Wembley.

Yes, if the club doesn't get the freehold of the land then there is a possibility that the prices may sore. But if Roman can get the lbs to fund the new stadium I am sure the prices won't go up. lesson has to be learnt from Arsenal

"Look at Arsenal, since the move there haven't been any complaints there.”

''Ron Harris is employed as an after dinner speaker at the club''

Methinks sir Ron and all employees have had a club briefing

:D Gawd bless 'im

I heard JT is the president of CPO and Wise, Desailly, JFH, Clarke and the likes are vice president.

Can you confirm?

I heard JT is the president of CPO and Wise, Desailly, JFH, Clarke and the likes are vice president.

Can you confirm?

source Chelseafc.com

President

John Terry

Vice-Presidents

Neil Barnett

Steve Clarke

Marcel Desailly

Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink

Pat Nevin

David Webb

Ray Wilkins

Dennis Wise

Chairman

Richard King

Director

Bob Sewell

Rick Glanvill

source Chelseafc.com

President

John Terry

Vice-Presidents

Neil Barnett

Steve Clarke

Marcel Desailly

Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink

Pat Nevin

David Webb

Ray Wilkins

Dennis Wise

Chairman

Richard King

Director

Bob Sewell

Rick Glanvill

Always good to see players showing that they care alot for the club. Legends!!