Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Stamford Bridge thread


 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hello Iggy,

I haven't checked yet but I'm pretty confident about the identifications. If I'm not wrong, then you've only got one correct ID so far. :)

 

Kenny Swain instead of Stanley perhaps pretty sure about Johnny B and can't think of any other one than Hugh Johns. Tommy Langley definitely played as a number nine with us. You might as well tell us Greavsie  not many old boys on here but you, me and FB :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi. Here is a first *rough* colour render. I've so many things to fix on this image, but thought I'd show you what progress has been made.

The design of the four new stands will take their inspiration not from the uniform style of most recent stadiums, but from the buttresses, pillars and gothic architecture of Westminster Abbey in whose

It'll be close to 65k. 2 Bridges, 1 to West Brompton and 1 to the back of Fulham Broadway. They will lower the ground. Wembley is looking the most likely temp ground.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Kenny Swain instead of Stanley perhaps pretty sure about Johnny B and can't think of any other one than Hugh Johns. Tommy Langley definitely played as a number nine with us. You might as well tell us Greavsie  not many old boys on here but you, me and FB :D

Yep, fair point. :)

If you swapped Stanley for Swain I think that would change your score from one to none! :)

I think the answers are:-

  1. Who is the 4 that put the ball across for The King to score?  - Ian Britton
  2. Who is the 11 that played the 4 in? - Gary Stanley
  3. Identify the man who floated the ball out to the 11.- Butch Wilkins
  4. What was the regular shirt number of the man who floated the ball out to the 11? (You can't see it in the build up to the goal.) - 8
  5. Who is the commentator? - Kenneth Wolstenholme (He left the beeb late in his career and moved to Tyne-Tees TV, which is why he's doing a 'Boro game.)

I'll check tonight and confirm, but I'm 99.1% sure. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Yep, fair point. :)

If you swapped Stanley for Swain I think that would change your score from one to none! :)

I think the answers are:-

  1. Who is the 4 that put the ball across for The King to score?  - Ian Britton
  2. Who is the 11 that played the 4 in? - Gary Stanley
  3. Identify the man who floated the ball out to the 11.- Butch Wilkins
  4. What was the regular shirt number of the man who floated the ball out to the 11? (You can't see it in the build up to the goal.) - 8
  5. Who is the commentator? - Kenneth Wolstenholme (He left the beeb late in his career and moved to Tyne-Tees TV, which is why he's doing a 'Boro game.)

I'll check tonight and confirm, but I'm 99.1% sure. :)

Think you've a few wrong there actually OTBAGreavsie,  

Playing with No 4 on his back is definitely Bumstead. Correct No 11 is Gary Stanley.

Ray Wilkins wasn't playing that game, think he was injured before (probably explains the ridiculous score) pretty certain Tommy Langley was wearing No 8.

The commentator sounds exactly the same as -''some of the crowd are on the pitch, they think its all over....'' ie Kenneth Wolstenholme

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Think you've a few wrong there actually OTBAGreavsie,  

Playing with No 4 on his back is definitely Bumstead. Correct No 11 is Gary Stanley.

Ray Wilkins wasn't playing that game, think he was injured before (probably explains the ridiculous score) pretty certain Tommy Langley was wearing No 8.

The commentator sounds exactly the same as -''some of the crowd are on the pitch, they think its all over....'' ie Kenneth Wolstenholme

I just dug out the Bristol City programme from 23/12/78. The team for the loss at 'Boro is listed there. The listing does not give numbers but it confirms that you are correct about Butch not playing. He was in the side for the previous match vs. Villa, home 9/12/78, L0-1, but not for the 'Boro game. No mention in the Bristol City programme about why the skipper was absent. Hardly any write up about the 'Boro game at all in fact. The main focus in that issue was the resignation of Ken Shellitto, and the appointment of Danny Blanchflower.

By watching a longer video of the game, I can confirm that:-

The 4 was indeed John Bumstead (Ian Britton wore No.7 that day)

It was Ossie himself who floated the ball out to Gary Stanley. Usual number 9 of course although he did wear number four briefly didn't he?

Correct answers therefore are:-

  1. Who is the 4 that put the ball across for The King to score?  - John Bumstead
  2. Who is the 11 that played the 4 in? - Gary Stanley
  3. Identify the man who floated the ball out to the 11.- Peter Osgood
  4. What was the regular shirt number of the man who floated the ball out to the 11? (You can't see it in the build up to the goal.) - 9
  5. Who is the commentator? - Kenneth Wolstenholme (He left the beeb late in his career and moved to Tyne-Tees TV, which is why he's doing a 'Boro game.

So that's 3/5 for FB, 2/5 for Iggy and 2/5 for me. The tabs must be working FB. :)

Longer video of the game.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Yep, fair point. :)

If you swapped Stanley for Swain I think that would change your score from one to none! :)

I think the answers are:-

  1. Who is the 4 that put the ball across for The King to score?  - Ian Britton
  2. Who is the 11 that played the 4 in? - Gary Stanley
  3. Identify the man who floated the ball out to the 11.- Butch Wilkins
  4. What was the regular shirt number of the man who floated the ball out to the 11? (You can't see it in the build up to the goal.) - 8
  5. Who is the commentator? - Kenneth Wolstenholme (He left the beeb late in his career and moved to Tyne-Tees TV, which is why he's doing a 'Boro game.)

I'll check tonight and confirm, but I'm 99.1% sure. :)

No way is that Wilkins and your wrong about Ian Britton it's definitely Johnny Bumstead.although your right about Wolstenholme. Langley 8 Ian Britton is number seven. Eleven is Trevor (two goals in his first two games fuck all else) Aylott.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Ray Wilkins wasn't playing that game, think he was injured before (probably explains the ridiculous score

Don't think Bob Iles in goal helped.:). I remember we bought him for £5,000 with another five grand to Weymouth if he played thirty games he never made it to thirty thank fuck.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say I'm delighted we never had to leave the Bridge just couldn't imagine watching Chelsea anywhere else. Really wasn't happy about the proposed move to Battersea a few years ago. I've sat or stood in every part of the ground except the middle tier of the East Stand and the middle tier of the West Stand since my first game in 1975. So that's the Shed, West Stand seats, benches, and concrete !. Northstand terrace, East Upper and Lower, Matthew Harding and Shed upper and lower. New West Stand upper and lower, Shed temporary seating and West Stand without the roof. And even once in the Northstand with my brother watching us lose 3-1 to Spurs what a fucking nightmare that was.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I just dug out the Bristol City programme from 23/12/78.

I went to a few away games that season -(still got my membership card) including the one at Bristol City - battered 3-1 it was 'orrible :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chelsea? said:

How big will the pitch be? Will the fans be close or far. Hope it's nothing like that West Ham field. 

West Ham are used to having big fields so they can cram in all those caravans a sort of home from home :D

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2017 at 1:32 PM, Chelsea? said:

How big will the pitch be? Will the fans be close or far. Hope it's nothing like that West Ham field. 

When you are trying to squash a 60000 seat stadium on a tiny site, i doubt it is even possible to have  a large field. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

When you are trying to squash a 60000 seat stadium on a tiny site, i doubt it is even possible to have  a large field. 

I want a big pitch with the fans sitting right next the players. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Saw this on the FC Bayern Twitter

Not bad. 

Arsenal may be sold out every game that doesn't mean fans are turning up hence the huge number of empty seats especially in cup matches. I notice Man City isn't on the list usually the Etihad is emptier than a hermit's address book:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

We trying to make 60k stadium right? 

Do we have the option to expand that in the future? 

As I think 60k for now is good, but who knows if in 10 years we might want to push it more because of demand? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We trying to make 60k stadium right? 

Do we have the option to expand that in the future? 

As I think 60k for now is good, but who knows if in 10 years we might want to push it more because of demand? 

????   Expand to where ????

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We trying to make 60k stadium right? 

Do we have the option to expand that in the future? 

As I think 60k for now is good, but who knows if in 10 years we might want to push it more because of demand? 

I dont think its near enough TBH. I understand the problems we had and face (soddin St. Pauls  - why did they miss it?) We will only be on par with the red n London club and still 1k behind Spuds. We will easily fill the new seats.

But I hope 2 things more than owt

1. Ends safe standing. Not only would it boost atmosphere but you get more people in.

2. We get all our more vocal amongst us back all together hopefully in The Shed end.

It was a sod giving away 1/2 the shed to away fans. Nobody could agree where to go and ended up splitting up around the ground. This is the perfect time to change all that.

Ive not seen any seating diagrams yet so presume theyre looking at it

@Guddy ????   Expand to where ????

Down down down lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...