Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The English Football Thread

Steve
Followers 12

There are probably a lot of factors behind Mata's choice. Would he really feel like he contributed towards the silverware if we won any this season? As a bit part player I'm sure it wouldn't feel as special. There's also the matter of wages, where we weren't paying him nearly as much as United are now, and his raise potential was pretty much shot by his new found role as a sub which is the opposite of what he probably expected given the previous two seasons. Then there's the whole World Cup aspect, though I very much doubt he will be improving his chances by playing in a mediocre United team. Finally, it's quite probable that Mata viewed his new role at Chelsea as stunting his own personal growth as a player.

• Replies 55.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Special Juan

• Jas

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was bored...

chelsea 3-1 arsenal 1-1 spurs 0-3

Posted Images

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/09/manchester-united-fulham-live-premier-league

Brilliant live match commentary from the guardian. Didn't know they did this kind of stuff.

5.32pm GMT 74 min: Januzaj crosses. Corner. Which will lead to ANOTHER DAMN CROSS!

5.32pm GMT 74 min: Rooney hits the corner. Its a cross. Who would have thought? Fulham cl oh, I cant even be bothered to type it anymore.

5.34pm GMT 76 min: An entire minute passes without a Manchester United cross oh wait, there it is. Rooney crosses to the back stick. After the ball does a bit of bobbling around Fulham do their thing.

Fuckin loooooooool :lol:

Awwww he has no neck lol

Love how they were going on about an amazing comeback..seriously thats how bad things are that going 2-1 up against a bottom side is amazing.Not that it lasted

Oooooo love it!!Even more so that some of them were glad they didnt get Jose....hahahah

Kickoff

Cross

Cross

Cross

Concede goal

Cross

Cross

Cross

Cross

HT

Cross

Cross