Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The English Football Thread


Steve
 Share
Followers 13

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Glad that they stopped.

The GD advantage that we had over them has been fucked enough.

I don´t think it will matter though. We have a nice team, but we probably won´t be competing for the title. City and Liverpool are still ahead of us (technique-wise they are are on another level) and I doubt we are able to keep their pace over the course of 38 games. That being said we will secure a comfortable and good third place, which is not a shame given the quality of our opponents. We have a better chance in the cup competitions. 

Edited by Beigl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 58.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Vesper

    6807

  • Laylabelle

    3961

  • Jase

    2624

  • Special Juan

    2558

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was bored...

Magic of FA cup

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Beigl said:

I don´t think it will matter though. We have a nice team, but we probably won´t be competing for the title. City and Liverpool are still ahead of us (technique-wise they are are on another level) and I doubt we are able to keep their pace over the course of 38 games. That being said we will secure a comfortable and good third place, which is not a shame given the quality of our opponents. We have a better chance in the cup competitions. 

Yeah, that's true. Looking at their attacking quality we are still short. We don't have a single individual player of the likes of Salah or KDB.

The only department where I could say we can compete is in defense. But not sure if that's enough to challenge these guys for the long haul. Having said that, we have done as well as we could have in the opening fixtures.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beigl said:

I don´t think it will matter though. We have a nice team, but we probably won´t be competing for the title. City and Liverpool are still ahead of us (technique-wise they are are on another level) and I doubt we are able to keep their pace over the course of 38 games. That being said we will secure a comfortable and good third place, which is not a shame given the quality of our opponents. We have a better chance in the cup competitions. 

we HAVE to upgrade our wingers

we only have ONE pure winger on the entire squad

if Pulisic (the one) continues to be injured all the time we needs to bin his ass

Ziyech is meh AF and is more of an AMF (and not good enough there either) that is where he excelled at Ajax in the donkey farmer league

CHO is not consistent and is more of a wingback now in my mind

 

we HAVE to be looking at

Chiesa

Oyarzabal

a step down

Hirving Lozano

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think we'll compete but think Liverpool will edge it..Long way to go and all but they don't see to slow down. Saying that their problem is defence cant always outscore the other lot..hopefully

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Yeah, that's true. Looking at their attacking quality we are still short. We don't have a single individual player of the likes of Salah or KDB.

The only department where I could say we can compete is in defense. But not sure if that's enough to challenge these guys for the long haul. Having said that, we have done as well as we could have in the opening fixtures.

It's excruciating to think that those two had been identified by our scouts long before anyone else as the generational talents they are before being shoved out the door by Mourinho.

Defense wins championships tho (not necessarily leagues tbh). I would be more confident if we had produced a similarly resilient performance vs City as we did vs Liverpool but I think the team that beat City 3 times last season and won at Anfield is still out there. We just have to be bold and drop Lukaku, defend with the whole team and might nick a point in each of those remaining direct fixtures. We are head and shoulders above the rest including leicester and ManUre with Ole, so we only have ourselves to blame if we fall short in those games. I also think we are 3rd favourites for the title but Liverpool's squad is paper thin and a lengthy injury to only two of their key players Alisson, VVD, Salah, Mane will break them. ManCity still favs for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Solskjaer's situation is very similar to Lampard's  a year ago .

Frank and Ole    did a terrific job of improving their  teams but as the team gets better, the necessity for a tactically sharper coach increases too.

we all remember what Lampard's last matches were like

Everton - Chelsea 1:0

Wolves - Chelsea 2:1

Arsenal - Chelsea 3:1

Chelsea- Villa 1:1

Chelsea - City 1:3 

Leicester - Chelsea 2:0 

* after big spend summer same like United now 

Edited by milka
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Yeah, that's true. Looking at their attacking quality we are still short. We don't have a single individual player of the likes of Salah or KDB.

The only department where I could say we can compete is in defense. But not sure if that's enough to challenge these guys for the long haul. Having said that, we have done as well as we could have in the opening fixtures.

Very good really.

Besides City game, we has been very very good.

The fact that we "only" has two really tough fixtures that is old trafford and empty had. Besides this games, we will be fine because we already play at anfield, emirates and spurs stadium.

let's see what will happen but we're in a very good position

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

It's excruciating to think that those two had been identified by our scouts long before anyone else as the generational talents they are before being shoved out the door by Mourinho 

I know! It's why I like to pretend most of the time that they never played for the club before. Especially when they scored against us.

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Defense wins championships tho (not necessarily leagues tbh). I would be more confident if we had produced a similarly resilient performance vs City as we did vs Liverpool but I think the team that beat City 3 times last season and won at Anfield is still out there. We just have to be bold and drop Lukaku, defend with the whole team and might nick a point in each of those remaining direct fixtures. We are head and shoulders above the rest including leicester and ManUre with Ole, so we only have ourselves to blame if we fall short in those games. I also think we are 3rd favourites for the title but Liverpool's squad is paper thin and a lengthy injury to only two of their key players Alisson, VVD, Salah, Mane will break them. ManCity still favs for me.

I agree about the defense, which is the main reason why I put us in within a shout of challenging. 

And yes you make a good point about Liverpool's squad strength. Although they would have to be really unlucky to suffer another season with injuries to key players. Keita is now out though, so who knows? I think they can get by Firminho & Jota during Afcon., but we'll see. 

If we're in a good position come end December I would feel a lot more confident.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronaldo McDonaldo probably sold a lot of shirts, and has a few goals, but the days of a striker that never tracks back or presses are gone.

Last one we had like that was Ossie - one game when we were defending he was sat on the barrier chatting to fans 😂

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It seems people are saying it is done.

 

 

Damn, I fucking knew they would get someone like Conte right before we play them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
×
×
  • Create New...