Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The English Football Thread

Steve
Followers 12

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Rangnick.

Forgot about him. So that's like 9 people! Christ!

• Replies 57.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was bored...

chelsea 3-1 arsenal 1-1 spurs 0-3

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Jas said:

Spurs' managerial search list:

Ten Haag

Nagelsmann

Flick

Potter

Pochettino

Conte

Fonseca

Gattuso

Did I miss anyone out? lol So many names and so many different types of manager. Spurs are clueless. 

Benitez? There was talks of them considering him maybe back in May but unsure if it went any further than that. 

Brendan Rodgers also said he wouldn’t be interested in the job as he was one they were considering trying to approach.

Edited by OneMoSalah
9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Benitez? There was talks of them co considering him maybe back in May but unsure if it went any further than that. 

I don't think so. But if he is included, then that just makes the whole thing even worse. 

9 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Rodgers too.

Think that was mostly just paper talk very early on, after Mourinho got the sack and Rodgers quickly ruled it out. Nothing since then.

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

This would be interesting.

Has had mixed success but does he really have the players at Palace to do what he did at Mochengladbach, Nice and Dortmund in terms of his style and approach? I doubt it.

Plus, it seems that nobody actually seems to want the Palace job and its hardly a surprise. How many players are they losing this summer? Their squad is also full of players 30 or over bar Butland (28), Zaha (28), Schlupp (28), Eze (22), Ferguson (20), Riedewald (24), Mitchell (21) and Montes (22).

Sticking with Roy Hodgson for so long whilst has guaranteed them survival has also put in that position.

Who will appoint a manager first then Spurs or Palace 🤣? Here is hoping Gattuso fucks Spurs off as well.

Edited by OneMoSalah
2 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Tottenham has offered a 2 year contract to Gennaro Gattuso, both parties are close to a deal.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahaha

its actually hilarious to look at Spurs’ forums and see them still talking shite, absolute joke of a club. Would love to see Kane’s face when he saw that announcement.

• Haha 1

Imagine being Kane and sitting at the table with Mount when the news announces on TV that the new Spurs manager is Gattuso 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Most people remember Gattusa as agressive and brainless going forward midfielder, but as manager his style is very different. He tried and succeeded many idea of his at Napoli.

They started poorly this season but he made his changes and they only were defeated once since February - Juventus away. I think he is better choice than Fonseca, he seemed much clueless at Roma.

3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Most people remember Gattusa as agressive and brainless going forward midfielder, but as manager his style is very different. He tried and succeeded many idea of his at Napoli.

They started poorly this season but he made his changes and they only were defeated once since February - Juventus away. I think he is better choice than Fonseca, he seemed much clueless at Roma.

Tbf Gattuso was an excellent midfield player, I think its fair to say. To say aggressive and brainless is harsh. He won 2 CLs and a World Cup as a vital cog in both teams. 

As a manager he’s not been successful though. And to have him as a better option ahead of Fonseca I would disagree as well. Hes only under consideration at Spurs because the sporting director theyve appointed wanted to try take him to Juventus. Not because he’s an outstanding candidate. Fonseca isn’t a great manager either to be fair and is probably again only considered because Fonseca was in Italy with Roma but he’s not bounced around like Gattuso has in a lot of short term jobs really.

Plus he only got the Milan and Napoli jobs because of them sacking Montella and Ancelotti rather stupidly. I know he did not too bad at Napoli but again, did he take them beyond what they were with Ancelotti or Sarri? Not even close. Then he basically did well an idiotic thing at Fiorentina, took the job without getting assurances for player investment, then left after finding out he wouldn’t get the investment he wanted 😂

For me, say we were looking for managers in an alternative universe and linked with him and Fonseca, he’s not tried or tested outside Italy as a coach, which could be difficult. At least Fonseca has managed in 3 different countries and managed both CL and Europa League regularly at all of his clubs meaning he’d maybe be more adaptable or more able to maybe see that playing that way in Italy wont work in the PL perhaps.

Edited by OneMoSalah
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf Gattuso was an excellent midfield player, I think its fair to say. To say aggressive and brainless is harsh. He won 2 CLs and a World Cup as a vital cog in both teams. 

As a manager he’s not been successful though. And to have him as a better option ahead of Fonseca I would disagree as well. Hes only under consideration at Spurs because the sporting director theyve appointed wanted to try take him to Juventus. Not because he’s an outstanding candidate. Fonseca isn’t a great manager either to be fair and is probably again only considered because Fonseca was in Italy with Roma but he’s not bounced around like Gattuso has in a lot of short term jobs really.

Plus he only got the Milan and Napoli jobs because of them sacking Montella and Ancelotti rather stupidly. I know he did not too bad at Napoli but again, did he take them beyond what they were with Ancelotti or Sarri? Not even close. Then he basically did well an idiotic thing at Fiorentina, took the job without getting assurances for player investment, then left after finding out he wouldn’t get the investment he wanted 😂

For me, say we were looking for managers in an alternative universe and linked with him and Fonseca, he’s not tried or tested outside Italy as a coach, which could be difficult. At least Fonseca has managed in 3 different countries and managed both CL and Europa League regularly at all of his clubs meaning he’d maybe be more adaptable or more able to maybe see that playing that way in Italy wont work in the PL perhaps.

I didn’t mean to use agressive and ‘going forward brainless’ pejorative, perhaps used wrong expression. He was great player, no doubts about it. Let me rephrase:

When playing together at Milan, everyone considered Pirlo as genius and someone who sees everything on the pitch, Gattuso was the one who kicked asses and worked like there’s no tomorrow. Thus, when Pirlo was appointed manager, people were expecting Juventus will play eye candy football, and when Gattuso joined Napoli many fans were laughing. If you watched Napoli last couple of month, they were playing smart, beautiful, sometimes innovative style, while Juve just passing made Cuadrado and Chiesa run up and down to serve Ronaldo. So they show opposite charachterictics as player and managing style.

This Fiorentina thing I don’t want to judge, I don’t know how it works in real life. I assume when a club is negotiating with manager candidate, his role in transfers or transfer strategy is discussed. But is it written down in contract? Or gentemen’s agreement? 

He didn’t achieve the results what Sarri or Ancelotti did. But I think Napoli squad is weaker now. Still, they should be top 4, fair play, but what is strange that he was sacked not after the shity half year but after the great second half.

Anyways, whoever will be Spurs’ coach, we’ll keep them far behind or back, so doesn’t matter!