The English Football Thread

Steve

Has to be up there as one of the worst kits ever released': Manchester United fans despair over leaked images of 'zebra crossing' third-kit which they are comparing to 'pyjamas' that 'could hypnotise the opposition'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8700829/Manchester-United-fans-despair-leaked-images-zebra-crossing-kit.html
Nike and Adidas should be ashamed of their work

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Has to be up there as one of the worst kits ever released': Manchester United fans despair over leaked images of 'zebra crossing' third-kit which they are comparing to 'pyjamas' that 'could hypnotise the opposition'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8700829/Manchester-United-fans-despair-leaked-images-zebra-crossing-kit.html

Truly acid trip....

3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Nike and Adidas should be ashamed of their work

They damn better be, who the hell gave the go ahead, horrific designs.

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

I doubt Pep benches Mahrez straightaway

Torres is superb, but will need time to adjust

Does he really have to bench him? Mahrez was always 4th choice winger for them.

Season 18/19 in PL:

Sterling 2777 minutes

B.Silva 2853 mins

Sane 1867 mins

Mahrez 1339 mins

19/20:

Ok Sane was injured all season and tbh he always plays LW unlike Mahrez who is always RW but still Sterling and B.Silva played more minutes.

Mahrez had 19 PL starts last season. B.Silva last season had more starts as RW than as AM or CM. So I think B.Silva and Torres would both have more minutes as RW than Mahrez next season.

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Does he really have to bench him? Mahrez was always 4th choice winger for them.

Season 18/19 in PL:

Sterling 2777 minutes

B.Silva 2853 mins

Sane 1867 mins

Mahrez 1339 mins

19/20:

Ok Sane was injured all season and tbh he always plays LW unlike Mahrez who is always RW but still Sterling and B.Silva played more minutes.

Mahrez had 19 PL starts last season. B.Silva last season had more starts as RW than as AM or CM. So I think B.Silva and Torres would both have more minutes as RW than Mahrez next season.

Bernardo, I assume, will take over for the Silva role full time, unless Foden claims it 

Mahrez started at RW 35 times out of 50 games

I don't see him going to a squad player this coming season

Shitty is a bit unbalanced (in the opposite way of most teams) they have a lot of left-footed players (11 counting youth/loanees) and only one true LWer (a good one to have, lol Sterling)

surely they will have to dump 2 of those LB's (Angeliño and one other) if they are bring in another

Aymeric Laporte   
Nathan Aké
Benjamin Mendy   
Oleksandr Zinchenko    
Angeliño
Phil Foden    
Luka Ilic  
Bernardo Silva   
Riyad Mahrez  
Ferran Torres   
Patrick Roberts  

Idiots...

Hope our English players are a little bit more professional, but guys like JT, Lampard and Ashley in the past also used to do weird stuff and were involved in some scandals. CHO at least solved his case.

I heard that Foden has a girlfriend

On 03/09/2020 at 4:15 PM, BlueLyon said:

Same was with Blanc. Apparently a realy good manager, never got a new job...

Rijkaard faded out spectaculary too.

Rijkaard is a strange case

gave up managing at 49

still only 57

said years ago he would never manage again

he retired from playing early too

only 32

won the CL with Ajax in 1995 (what a fucking team that was!!!) and said SEE YA!

I actually admire all that as long as it is what makes him happy

good on him

Disgracing a once proud nation by breaching a biosecure bubble

BRITISH PEOPLE IN COLD WEATHER

The youthful Fiver was a model of good behaviour. We never quaffed an excess of White Lightning before defacing the annual flower show in our local park; we never put our boot through the window of Radio Rentals to impress peers we’d didn’t even like; and we certainly never allowed lascivious urges to impair our judgment. Nope. As such we have not a scintilla of sympathy for Phil Foden, 20, and Mason Greenwood, 18, who have disgraced a once proud nation by breaching the England biosecure bubble after the win over Iceland.

Incriminating Snapchat footage shows the two enjoying the company of local females, it says here. For Foden and Greenwood, it was a costly game of Uno: having breached Covid regulations, both players have been bundled on to flight DO1 back to England. Foden and Greenwood have not been in contact with the rest of the squad, so England’s match in Denmark will go ahead as planned. “We have no alternative but to do what we are doing,” sighed Gareth Southgate. “They’ve been naive. I recognise their age but the whole world is dealing with this pandemic and there’s responsibility on every age group in playing their part and not spreading the virus. They have apologised.”

Foden and Greenwood made their debuts on Saturday, and their actions hint at an inexplicable desire to join a list of England one-cap wonders that includes Joey Barton, Neil Ruddock and Percival Parr. Southgate hasn’t yet decided whether they will be available for selection when England return to their biosecure bubble – their forever tainted biosecure bubble – next month.

“All of those things are too early, until I’m totally aware of every situation,” said Southgate. “I’m a father of young adults and I know they can get things wrong. We are not excusing that in this instance and we have to assess everything else moving forward.”

Manchester City, famed purveyors of morality, were not quite as gentle as Southgate. They released a statement to say that Foden’s actions were “Totally inappropriate … His behaviour not only directly contravenes strict guidelines related to Covid-19, but also falls well below the standard expected of a Manchester City player and England international.”