• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

13 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Still can’t stand Arteta has already won 2 albeit shitty titles with Arse. Arsenal don’t win titles that’s not their thing 

TBF, Arsenal have won the FA Cup a number of times in the last 4-5 years anyway. Doesn't really make any difference. 

Delete! New Tottenham signing Matt Doherty hilariously gets rid of old tweets revealing him to be a 'HUGE Arsenal fan' after £15m move to north London rivals

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8678755/Tottenham-signing-Matt-Doherty-looks-guilty-deletes-tweets-revealing-HUGE-Arsenal-fan.html

As much I despise Arse and other rivals, its fantastic that the league is strenghtening. 

With the new ambitions we should be able to cope and strong competition is always welcome.

City and Pool are already strong, but its not impossible that Chels, United and even Arse could pull some great moves in next years. Us along with United are bound to bounce back, its just been too long since we were truly dominant (around 2008) and much like Pool was shite not long ago, things turn around sooner or later. 

Arse are laughing stock, but I admit they are doing some smart deals if rumours are true. If they get most of those targets, they will be a fresh threat.

Long live PL

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

As much I despise Arse and other rivals, its fantastic that the league is strenghtening. 

With the new ambitions we should be able to cope and strong competition is always welcome.

City and Pool are already strong, but its not impossible that Chels, United and even Arse could pull some great moves in next years. Us along with United are bound to bounce back, its just been too long since we were truly dominant (around 2008) and much like Pool was shite not long ago, things turn around sooner or later. 

Arse are laughing stock, but I admit they are doing some smart deals if rumours are true. If they get most of those targets, they will be a fresh threat.

Long live PL

Even clubs like Leeds and Everton are making multiple 30m moves. The league looks quite competitive this year, there could be 9-10 tough teams to face (big 6 + Leicester, Everton, Wolves)

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Even clubs like Leeds and Everton are making multiple 30m moves. The league looks quite competitive this year, there could be 9-10 tough teams to face (big 6 + Leicester, Everton, Wolves)

Lets hope so cuz EPL for me has been horrible quality wise and competitive wise for years. The season we just finished for instance was very poor imo.

Premier League and EFL seasons will begin before clubs vote on how to decide an incomplete campaign

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/01/premier-league-efl-seasons-will-begin-clubs-vote-decide-incomplete/

New rules over exactly what happens in the event of an incomplete Premier League and English Football League season will not be introduced before the start of the campaign, Telegraph Sport can reveal.

As disclosed by Telegraph Sport in June, top-flight clubs had wanted to avoid kicking off the season without clear regulations in place for deciding its outcome amid fears it or a subsequent campaign could also be ravaged by a pandemic.

But, despite discussions on the subject having begun almost a month ago, there have been no plans to sign off on new rules before the weekend of September 12, with sources describing talks as “ongoing”.

Those include over proposals for a harmonised approach to curtailment across the professional game, particularly when it comes to the awarding of titles, and promotion and relegation.

It was Telegraph Sport, which first revealed in February that, despite being 22 points clear at the top of the Premier League at the time, Liverpool would not necessarily be crowned champions of England if the season was curtailed due to the coronavirus crisis because there were no specific regulations governing such a scenario.

The absence of such rules across the game when football was suspended in March meant clubs were forced to debate – and in many cases vote on – what would happen in the event of curtailment when doing so would have an immediate impact on their individual fortunes.

Those debates turned toxic and there were threats of legal action, particularly over the issue of promotion and relegation, and Premier League clubs ultimately agreed not to debate the matter until the summer unless Project Restart stalled.

The benefit of everyone voting on when and how to curtail the season when on zero points would be that there could be no complaints if those rules were subsequently enforced.

The fact that will not now happen is unlikely to be a major problem provided any new regulations are ratified early on in the current campaign. But, the longer talks drag on, the more likely clubs are to vote based on where they lie in their particular table rather than on what would be in the best interests of football overall.

Any new regulations would include a minimum number of matches that would need to be played for a campaign not to be declared null and void.

That figure is likely to be somewhere between the two-thirds and three-quarters mark following the precedent set this term when both the League One and League Two seasons were called off.

The controversial points-per-game model used to settle the finals standings in those divisions – including promotion and relegation – is also likely to find favour with the majority of clubs.

So Premier League prematurely cancelled biggest contract in broadcasting rights, worth over 600m. 

Chinese PPTV still didnt pay 180m that should be paid back in march, and apparently that is the reason for cancellation.

How will this affect clubs next season?

www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-epl-china-tv-deal-contract-ends-statement-a9703011.html%3famp

55 minutes ago, Milan said:

Sooo, it has been almost a year and Mr. Pochettino is still jobless. Just wondering here why no club is touching him after being praised by everyone all the time...

Same was with Blanc. Apparently a realy good manager, never got a new job...

Rijkaard faded out spectaculary too.

Ancelotti is known for his 4-4-2 formation. Remember Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka?

I think this is what he wants from Everton.

Pickford

Coleman  Mina  Keane  Digne

Doucoure

Allan     Gomes  

James

DCL    Richarlison

Iwobi, Bernard and Walcott are horrible wingers and no point playing them.

This midfield looks amazing!

Ofc transfer window is not over so with another RB and CB they could be really, really good team.

Ake played LB yesterday for Netherlands.

I think this could be great option for Pep. They are struggling with LB for years.

He likes his LB to go in the middle and Ake even played as DM for Benitez I think. Great player defensively so it would allowed Pep to use Cancelo instead of Walker as RB. Cancelo is great going forward but weak in defense.

And KK looks like a done deal.

Ederson

Cancelo  Koulibaly  Laporte  Ake

Rodri

B.Silva       KDB

Torres       Aguero       Sterling

I fancy our chances to finish over Liverpool but it will be really hard to finish above City. They never had defense at this level.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ake played LB yesterday for Netherlands.

I think this could be great option for Pep. They are struggling with LB for years.

He likes his LB to go in the middle and Ake even played as DM for Benitez I think. Great player defensively so it would allowed Pep to use Cancelo instead of Walker as RB. Cancelo is great going forward but weak in defense.

And KK looks like a done deal.

Ederson

Cancelo  Koulibaly  Laporte  Ake

Rodri

B.Silva       KDB

Torres       Aguero       Sterling

I fancy our chances to finish over Liverpool but it will be really hard to finish above City. They never had defense at this level.

I doubt Pep benches Mahrez straightaway

Torres is superb, but will need time to adjust

16 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

You guys seen united's third kit? And I thought ours was horrific cuz it looks like a Crystal palace jersey. United's looks something like this:

567bdd633a8a1258b577f3b92000658a.gif.cc7a537d2334a98eec6cb7db7e64f5ac.gif

Has to be up there as one of the worst kits ever released': Manchester United fans despair over leaked images of 'zebra crossing' third-kit which they are comparing to 'pyjamas' that 'could hypnotise the opposition'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8700829/Manchester-United-fans-despair-leaked-images-zebra-crossing-kit.html