• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Thank god for that. It was ridiculous when they were bringing players on every 5 minutes. Now it will be back to more tactical substitutions. 

Can't wait for managers to complain about having to waste subs on injury subs because of the jam-packed schedule...

Just now, Jason said:

Can't wait for managers to complain about having to waste subs on injury subs because of the jam-packed schedule...

Well it would be unfair advantage to squads with better depth. Like psg atalanta where atalanta couldnt stand on their feet anymore in final moments.

Then we might give city the title right now.

3 hours ago, communicate said:

There has to be minute or app restrictions for young player of the year. It make 0 sense to give it to trent. 

Yep, it's always been ridiculous. I think last season it went to Sterling who's been playing regular PL football as a starter (+200 games) since fucking 2012 and is one of the highest paid players in the league. Sterling at the time was 24 years old. :lol: 

The cut-off for YPOTY should be 21 age or a maximum of 50 appearances in the league at the start of the season concerned, whichever comes first.  

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Yep, it's always been ridiculous. I think last season it went to Sterling who's been playing regular PL football as a starter (+200 games) since fucking 2012 and is one of the highest paid players in the league. Sterling at the time was 24 years old. :lol: 

The cut-off for YPOTY should be 21 age or a maximum of 50 appearances in the league at the start of the season concerned, whichever comes first.  

The age not overly concerned for me. But there need to be some restrictions on playing time. 

Sterling and trent as young player of the year lol. It should be for player like Greenwood, mount or saka

32 minutes ago, communicate said:

The age not overly concerned for me. But there need to be some restrictions on playing time. 

Sterling and trent as young player of the year lol. It should be for player like Greenwood, mount or saka

Err, should that not be about age then? Because playing time makes little because TAA played in all 38 league games this season and 3,176 minutes. Not sure how much restriction can you place there. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Err, should that not be about age then? Because playing time makes little because TAA played in all 38 league games this season and 3,176 minutes. Not sure how much restriction can you place there. 

My point is more on current age criteria, i beleve it is under 23/24, that is fine.

So age + career app/minute. 

1 minute ago, communicate said:

My point is more on current age criteria, i beleve it is under 23/24, that is fine.

So age + career app/minute. 

That U23/U24 rule for a "Young" Player of the Year award is BS, TBH. It should be U21 at most. 

Placing restriction on appearances and/or minutes makes no sense because what if that player plays beyond those numbers set? Then what? Asking them to then compete with the more established players for the Player of the Year award is unfair either. In TAA's case, it just so happens that he was promoted at a very young age and has more experience at the senior level than most. 

Those players you mentioned above - Greenwood, Saka, Mount etc - are the newcomers this season (although Saka did make a PL appearance in 2018/19). Maybe we should have a different award for it. 

5 hours ago, communicate said:

There has to be minute or app restrictions for young player of the year. It make 0 sense to give it to trent. 

Like Jason said, I don't think there should be an appearance restriction. That is basically saying to a player, you aren't being rewarded because you have featured more than this and that player. There maybe needs to be an age restriction and as Jason suggested an award for 'best newcomer' or 'breakout star'. For instance I think it is unfair to give young player of year to a player who is 24. Maybe cut it at 21/22 at most. I think TAA is deserving of that. 21 is still very young and he is playing with players who are far more experienced, so then that gives him outside chance for winning main award.

TAA is 21, not sure why people have problem with him being best young player.

Speaking of Liverpool Klopp does not care about future it seems. He wants results while he is there. Salah, Firmino, Mane, Henderson, VVD, Vijnaldum all 28+ yo. And Alcantara is also 29.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

That U23/U24 rule for a "Young" Player of the Year award is BS, TBH. It should be U21 at most. 

Placing restriction on appearances and/or minutes makes no sense because what if that player plays beyond those numbers set? Then what? Asking them to then compete with the more established players for the Player of the Year award is unfair either. In TAA's case, it just so happens that he was promoted at a very young age and has more experience at the senior level than most. 

Those players you mentioned above - Greenwood, Saka, Mount etc - are the newcomers this season (although Saka did make a PL appearance in 2018/19). Maybe we should have a different award for it. 

even taking it up to currently under 25 years of age

TAA was the best player

I have no complaint with thsi at all

I do think that to qualfy you cannot have turned 23yo or older during the season

22yo is a bright line cutoff

in fact I would have no issue if you made it such that you cannot have turned 22yo during the season

so only players 21yo or younger during the whole time

but that would be a bit harsh on a player who hit 22 only during the last 3 or 5 games

23yo is my dead last year I will call an outfield player a very young player (GK, sure that is very young, even at 25ish)

if you are not up and running by 24/25, then the odds are VERY high you are not going to become a great player

sure there are exceptions, but they are so rare (less than 10%, probably less than 5% of player who were meh until after they hit 25, other than, as stated, GKers)

unfortunately those rare exceptions cloud people's vision, so they hold onto hope that a 28yo is going to explode out of the blue, association football is not yank footie with QB's or baseball with pitchers, who often DO explode out of the blue near or older than 30 years of age

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

TAA is 21, not sure why people have problem with him being best young player.

Speaking of Liverpool Klopp does not care about future it seems. He wants results while he is there. Salah, Firmino, Mane, Henderson, VVD, Vijnaldum all 28+ yo. And Alcantara is also 29.

No surprise about Klopp

He said he's not going to stick around with Liverpool for too long.

He's will want to dominate as much as possible when he's there,..won't be interested in building a new team that he won't manage.