The English Football Thread

Steve

Leicester 6-2-2 record. Tbh we have been lucky not to lose against them in the second half. They conceded penalty against Liverpool in the last minute. And also lost in Manchester because of another penalty. Theirs record should be even better. Definitely there's no more top6 in the England. 

When sides like them & Everton can spend £40m on a single player without thinking twice, no one is a shoe-in.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Leicester 6-2-2 record. Tbh we have been lucky not to lose against them in the second half. They conceded penalty against Liverpool in the last minute. And also lost in Manchester because of another penalty. Theirs record should be even better. Definitely there's no more top6 in the England. 

I guess but you're opening a can of worms if you start talking about the ifs and buts of results. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I guess but you're opening a can of worms if you start talking about the ifs and buts of results. 

hell yes

I will go on another rant about the Super Cup, Sheffield United and Valencia

and no one wants that

:D

43 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Southampton are so bad. Remember folk wanted us to ditch Sarri and target Ralf Hasenhuttl last season too? They have struggled all season defensively. Suspect to say the least.

Think I was one of them. :lol: 

But TBF, I don't think this job makes Hasenhuttl a bad manager. He has done well with previous clubs. If anything, this may well just harm his reputation. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

It can happen to everyone. Before this round Watford, Norwich and Newcastle have been in the relegation zone. And Newcastle beat United and Spurs. Norwich beat City... Watford almost won against Arsenal and Spurs. What I'm trying to say is Southampton is capable of doing the same and I think they will stay up. 

I think they go down and even if not, they deserve to, they are a broken football model

Leeds so much more deserves to be a regular EPL team IMHO

I would love to see Leeds, Forest and West Brom come back up

and Soton, Brighton and Norwich go back down

if not West Brom, then Sheffield Wednesday just for the steelmekker derbies if United stay up too

3 hours ago, Jason said:

On a different note, Unai Emery's man management is atrocious...

I'm still struggling to see how Emery has got such a high reputation.

There's not a single thing about his management I like. Along with bad man management he's a manager that plays dull football and can't coach a defense, usually when a manager has one of those problems they atleast compensate by being top of their game on the other but he's absolutely awful at both.

and double fuck
VAR just gave Bertrand a red card
VAR doing something for once that doesn't consist of an offside. Commentators saying the goal shouldn't have stood, so it's clear no one has a clue nowadays.