The English Football Thread

Steve

I remember after Spurs failed to win the league there was talks of that was it and they'll go backwards..sadly looking less likely the case. Amazed we beat them yet lost to Palace.. League has no logic. Early days and things can change but looks like up the stay

And kane grrr

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

But has he bought wisely? Did Liverpool really need Oxlade-Chamberlain? Is Andrew Robertson or Loris Karius actually good? Why hasn't he spent a penny on CBs?

Like I said, he can't really attract top class players, can he? I think if Klopp were here for a few seasons we'd be much better off than Liverpool are.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Like I said, he can't really attract top class players, can he? I think if Klopp were here for a few seasons we'd be much better off than Liverpool are.

I know! Not being able to attract top class players is one thing but it's another to buy unwisely. And his transfer business at Liverpool has been dodgy to say the least.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I know! Not being able to attract top class players is one thing but it's another to buy unwisely. And his transfer business at Liverpool has been dodgy to say the least.

Bought some utter shit, you're right. 

Spurs are amazing. I thought this season would be between Manchester clubs, with Spurs somewhat behind, but I think league table doesn't lie. Spurs are better than United I would say and City is still class above.

Wouldn't be surprised if league finishes like after this weekend (1. City 2. United 3. Spurs 4. Chelsea), but Spurs could really even surpass United.

Sadly, I'm not seeing us getting in front of Spurs or United, especially not City. But 4th place isn't that bad either, it would teach us a good lesson.

And about Liverpool and Arsenal... Pool is just too much mess. My God that defense, relegation level defense. And Arsenal is Arsenal, no way in hell they finish in first 4.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

More than that, it highlights the reward of patience. Took Pochettino 2-3 seasons to clear out the dead woods and build a proper, solid team.

Can we do that ? For all the praise that spurs get, Pocchetino hasn't won anything for 3 seasons.

Imagine a Chelsea manager do that.

8 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

I remember after Spurs failed to win the league there was talks of that was it and they'll go backwards..sadly looking less likely the case. Amazed we beat them yet lost to Palace.. League has no logic. Early days and things can change but looks like up the stay

And kane grrr

People said they'll go backwards because they thought Spurs will start losing their best player but they didn't. They manage to keep all their players except walker which they found a decent replacement in Aurier.

It is going to be interesting again this summer if they don't win anything and keep their low salary structure

Whilst everyone in the media has a huge hard on for Spurs nothing will change. They will always be that nice side that the media massage their ego and fall in love with Pochettino, this however won't win them the league and that ultimately is what it comes down too. You can have all the new stadiums you want, the fact of the matter is they are a long way from winning the league and players like Kane look around them and see the United's, City's and us racking up trophy after trophy year in and year out. Kane is the best finisher in Europe right now, the wolves are already circling, and it doesn't matter one jot if their new stadium is the best stadium in the world or not, silverware is always the be all and end all of what top class players want.

In a nutshell....Spurs go to the National TV awards, Chelsea, City, United etc go to the Oscars.

On October 22, 2017 at 7:33 PM, El P. said:

Spurs are amazing. I thought this season would be between Manchester clubs, with Spurs somewhat behind, but I think league table doesn't lie. Spurs are better than United I would say and City is still class above.

Wouldn't be surprised if league finishes like after this weekend (1. City 2. United 3. Spurs 4. Chelsea), but Spurs could really even surpass United.

Sadly, I'm not seeing us getting in front of Spurs or United, especially not City. But 4th place isn't that bad either, it would teach us a good lesson.

And about Liverpool and Arsenal... Pool is just too much mess. My God that defense, relegation level defense. And Arsenal is Arsenal, no way in hell they finish in first 4.

I think City and Spurs are almost nailed on top 2 in that order with an outside shot of us sneaking in there if we get our act together. I think United are finishing 4th possibly even 5th, i really am not getting the hype with them atall.